Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Kreed Manor

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm

The group says their good-byes to Kreed and to Jurin and heads out under the glaring watch of "Payday". Heading out of the manor you make your way back down to the lower part of town and eventually are heading toward Celevan's room and someplace for the rest of you to crash for the night.
We are basically at the end of the chapter. If you want to post a little more that's cool, but I'll be, when I get time, closing the chapter and starting up a small interlude that we can use to resolve a bunch of minor outstanding issues.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Torias yawns. He is feeling tired. "Perhaps we can hit the shops tomorrow." he just says.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm

"That and do some house hunting," Celevan replies. "If you guys are going to stay in town, we'll need a bigger place than just my room."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:27 pm

"It is rather cozy in your place with all of us." Syrronas remarks smiling at Celevan, getting the children taken care of seems to have removed some of the fatigue from their journey. He absently rubs his arms to warm them as they walk back to Celevan's room.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Dreams agrees, "Yes, tomorrow, we shall need to look for some quarters for ourselves." She asks Celevan, "Do you think the children will be well taken care of in this orphan's program? And do you think they will agree to it? They are a rather independent lot."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm

"I think it will give them a place in the town, which is vital," Celevan says. "But we'll want them to have a guardian. Edgrin is certainly a good guardian, though I'm not sure how good he is with children's issues. We might do well to find a widow or a mother who lost her children to the blackscour and see if we can arrange to have her help Edgrin care for the children - cooking, mending, that sort of thing. They have the coin to pay for it. And I think it would do the children good to have a regular member of the community to talk to."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am

Back at the house the group debates tactics for the coming day. The weather is frightful, cold and blustery, snow falls, and the talk of the town will be the coming of such an early winter.

The warmth of the boarding room, even as crowded as it is tonight, is a welcome relief.
So ends the chapter. The new one is already started!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring