Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Goose'n Gander

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 pm

For now, Torias buys a winter blanket as well as some writing equipment, an ink refill, pens and a small notebook.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Torias and Dreams spend money picking up some items more than the others, but soon enough you've sold things, bought new things and have restocked your supplies. Brick is more than pleased at being woke up at this later hour and stands in the door waving at you as you leave. "Come back real soon, remember my door is always open if you have good things to pawn!" He heads back inside happy he's not about to make a trek out into the Darkmoon Wood edges at this late and cold hour.

You then head to Laurels, and find that the door didn't lock, it latched, but without someone inside, or the key, Celevan could only slow down someone coming in that way. So Dreams and Celevan tiptoe inside and collect a healing bag and leave some coinds for Laurel to cover it. As you are about to leave she wakes up smiles at you. She streches and yawns and notices the bag and the gold. "Heading out already? Be safe." She follows you to the door, locks it this time, and then heads off to bed proper.
Dreams +1Healing Kit, -10gp dreams, celevan, torrak, torias, syyronas (its 10gps each) Updating your sheets.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Dreams turns to Celevan. "Well,lead the way to the orphanage. I didn't expect the shopping to take quite so long--and I only hope we can still reach the children ahead of rumor of Vren's death. And that Kreed's son hasn't gotten himself into too much trouble."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:59 pm

"I'll take us as far as we can go tonight," he says. "But we've been pushing ourselves to the limit these past few days. It won't do anyone any good if we push ourselves beyond the breaking point.
I understand that it's easy to say that we'll just keep going. But realistically, we pressed hard to get back to Falcon's Hollow last night, had a few hours of sleep, and then worked all day with the cure. We've got to be beat by now. I'm not sure how long we'll manage on the road. The spirit may be willing; but the flesh may be weak.

Your call, V.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Looking weary Syrronas nods at Celevan's comments. He shrugs his pack into a more comfortable position and looks more dedicated to getting moving. "Lets get moving before we all lose motivation and pitch camp right here."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Elara's Halfway House Ruins

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Torrak rolls his shoulders. "How far is it?"

Celevan answers, "Eight to 10 miles, I haven't made the trip often, but its all road."

The monk nods, he's not about to show he's tired or unable to make the trip but clearly everyone could use a few hours of sleep. Dreams however is unwilling to leave the kids out there another night, even under the care of Elsbeth. So you leave the town.

Celevan takes you out of the westnern exit of Falcon's Hollow and then turns north up the road. The road is a well worn dirt street for a long while, then it turns into a less and less used trail. At some point the lumberjacks must have used the road but always turn off before the halfway point and only Elara and her orphans would use it, so its hardly a road at all anymore. It take you several hours before you reach the burnt shell of the house.

Its now night, almost midnight in fact, when you finally come on the ruins of the orphanage. You are all tired, some more than others mainly Syrronas and Torrak. The Thelonite sorcerer simply isn't used to so many long hours on his feet and his body is giving out. While Torrak pushes himself too hard, scouting at times, and keeping up the pace more than his little dwarfy legs can handle and eventually the pair of them just are fatigued.
Compromising: Fort Save DC 13 or be Fatigued.

Syrronas: 8 Failure - Fatigued
Dreams: 26 Success
Torias: 24 Success
Torrak: 10 Failure - Fatigued
Celevan: 19 Success

The blackened husk of the orphanage lies atop the hill. Charred timbers are strewn among piles of caked ash and the only edifice left standing is a soot-stained stone arch. A small stuffed doll lies below the arch, her face seared off and her patchwork dress spilling dirty stuffing. Beside her, a troop of half-melted tin soldiers stand in formation, their bodies twisted and deformed by the blaze that claimed their owner's life. Elara's Halfway House sleeps mournfully atop a small hill that looks over the Darkmoon Wood. You approach the ruins and gaze about, atleast from here, you don't see Elsbeth and the children.

You can see where you are on the map.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Re: Elara's Halfway House Ruins

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Dreams walks warily to what's left of the door and calls, "Elsbeth? Nessa? It's Dreams, with Celevan, Syrronas and the two dwarves. The ones who went off into the woods with Vren, looking for the cure to the blackscour. Are you here?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Celevan shakes his head as he sees the halfway house again. So much promise. So much loss. Then Dream's calls bring his thoughts back to the present and he joins her in looking about. "I'll call Suli to help look. He can see in the dark too, and that should make things easier.

He then concentrates and speaks the words of summoning again. A rune appears on his forehead again, and then a swirl of ethereal smoke arises. When the smoke clears, however, it's not a panther that remains, but a large grayish-blue gecko, about the size of a mastiff, with glowing blue eyes. None of you have seen this creature before. But the eyes and the matching rune on its forehead declares that it's Suletor, once more having changed his form.

"Suli," Celevan says coming forward and patting him on the head. "Another change, I see." He steps back and looks the eidolon up and down. "I like the new look."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Dreams looks with bemusement at the once again transformed eidolon. She searches her memory for what she knows about such creatures to explain its continuous shape-changing. As she does so, she comments in Angelic, "Well, you certainly have a gift for changing your skin, my friend."
Knowledge--Planes check.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Torrak sits down on a nearby rock, "I'll keep watch." He yawns hugely and his head sags some, obviously very tired.

Dreams stands at the edge of the burnt husk, walls are missing, the door is gone, and the whole place is a pile of burn wood, cinders and ash. She calls out for Nessa and Elsbeth, but there is no reply. The forest around the hill is silent, save for some crickets and night bullfrogs croaking away to one another.

Suletor, or some giant lizard Celevan claims is Suli, appears when he calls him. The creature's long tongue darts out of its mouth, licks its own eyeball and then tilits its head to look around the area to get its bearings.
Know: Planes - Take 10 = 16

I think that enough, along with what Celevan has told you, that Suli is an Eidolon, and during the course of its life, it can change an evolve its form to suit its needs and wants at certain stages of its life.