Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Re: The Kreed Manor

Post by Wayloss » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Syronas shuts the door at the request of the foreman. And returns a smile as he does so. "Thank you for sharing the warmth with us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Payday sneers, "Don't move." He turns and goes to fetch Kreed light a good guard dog. A few minutes later Thuldrin Kreed, the man that owns this town appears from around the corner, his son at his hip holding tight. "Well well well, you did it. Come in, come in. Don't leave such honored guests standing on the stoop Payden." He has you all come into one of the nearby rooms, a simple affair, a hunting trophy den. There are all manner of mounted animals on the wall, deer, moose, a shocker lizard head, and many smaller creatures along with some mounted fish. The room has a bunch of high leather backed chairs and a few weapons on the wall as well. He offers you each a seat. "Jurin tells me you saved him, along with a bunch of orphans. I don't really care about the others, but I am most thankful to you for saving my boy." He hugs Jurin, and there is a true love in his eyes for his son, a bit of compassion and caring there you've not encountered before. "I owe you his life, and I plan to pay my debts. You give me a few days and I'll have a suitable reward brought to you." He rumples his son's hair, and looks at you, one last bit of humanity in his eyes, "Thank you."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Dreams is pleasantly surprised by this warm reception. She bows to the elder Kreed formally and says, "We were only doing our duty. The reward you give us is, of course, for you to determine, but we would appreciate it if you could see the orphans we rescued are well cared for, fostered with some upstanding family here where they can learn a trade. They are the siblings of a fallen comrade of ours and we feel bound to see to their welfare, but as adventurers, are not in a position to look after them ourselves."
Diplomacy check.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:59 pm

"If you could enter them on the rolls as Consortium orphans,Mr Kreed, they'd at least be assured a place to live and something to eat," Celevan suggests. "I can tend to the rest, finding a family to take them in. But the extra rations of food and such would be a great help in that area. Normally he'd never ask such a thing of Kreed. But this once they might expect something other than a flat refusal. And even if he did refuse, he might at least feel he owed it to them to leave the kids alone and not make trouble for them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 am

Kreed feigns concern for the kids, "Oh what a tragic event. These are the same rapscallions that lead my boy Jurin into the forest and to whatever dangers there awaited him? I think not. What I will do is not press charges against them for endangering the life of my son. I would normally have such trouble makers locked up till they were of age to work off their crime in the lumber camps. However, I'll over look this transgression against me this time."

Jurin cries out, "But pa, it wasn't them that...."

"HUSH BOY! Let the grown ups talk." Kreed's loving father attitude has slipped away. "You've done me a service, and I'll pay you back, but those orphan rats better stay clear of my boy, and trouble, or I'll be forced to take action for the safety of Falcon's Hollow. Am I understood?"
Dip: Aid Another Celevan 15 Success

Dreams: Diplomacy (+2 Aid Another, Circumstance [saved Jurin] +5)

Rolled 3 + 8 Skill + 8 Mods = 19 vs 20+ Failed
I realize that a few folks haven't posted yet, so if you want to try and talk him down/out of this/try again, aid another, I'll let you chime in and maybe sway things.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:58 am

Syrronas hears the first refusal before speaking up. "Master Kreed, Children are children, they find ways of getting in trouble. We did you a large favor in helping rescue your son, We did it at great personal risk, The only favor that we ask is that the children be added to the rolls of the orphans."
another fresh check or aid another to get us over the hump.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:26 pm

"If they are on the orphan's roll, you can always make sure they keep clear of Jurin. I am sure everyone has learnt their lesson. People were killed trying to save your son, you must understand. The kids also risked a lot trying to help Jurin." Torias chimes in, his voice that of a trained priest, soothing and melodious, but his charm that of a, well, dwarf.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Syrronas has a Diplomacy of +12, the highest in the group!

Aid Another: Syrronas Success 16
Torias: 5 (has +0) Fail
Torrak: 10 (has +0) Success

Syrronas chimes in, his comments seem to hit home, and then Jurin tugs on his father's sleave. "I would have died if Nessa hadn't helped me bad, please.... pleeeeease?" Kreed relents. "Fine fine, I'll add them to the rolls of Lumber Consortium Orphans, that means they are due some privliages, cheaper housing, rights of the marketplace, but that also means when they are of age they have to come to work for me for a time of no less than one year, boys and girls." He looks over at Payday, "Make it happen Payden." He rubs his boys head again and cracks a smile, "Now, its late, and I want to talk to my son. So if you'll excuse me, we can handle the details of this in the morning."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Celevan nods his head. "Thank you, Mr. Kreed," he says and then adds, "good night." Then he turns and heads back out into the cold, heading for home and a proper night's sleep.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 am

Though harboring little in the way of good feelings towards Kreed and his lackey Payden, Torrak knows a good deed when he sees one. "Thank you," the dwarf comments sincerely, his mind resting somewhat easier about the children's welfare. "It means a lot."
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!