Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Image The small village of Falcon's Hollow is a wild place. Nestled in the shadow of Droskar's Crag, the people of Falcon's Hollow are hearty and stern.
Theirs is a life of hardships, broken only occasionally by a handful of festivals and the infrequent merchant caravan.
They face constant adversity from both the wilderness and the wiles of man.
Wolves nip at their heels and cutpurses ply at their pockets. It is a testament to their strength that they even manage to survive at all.
-- The Icatian Pathfinder Chronicles

** Late Evening, Thuldrin Kreed's Estate in Falcon's Hollow, September 12th, 52 Years After the Fall of Bhall **

After arriving in Falcon's Hollow to find the town suffering from Blackscour Taint the collected group of would be heroes sets out into the Darkmoon Woods to seek the ingredients of a cure proposed by the local herablist Laurel. After traveling to the lumber camps of the Consortium for directions the group faces dangers and troubles as they traverse the ancient forest. Collecting ingredients as the oldest tree in the forest, a long abandoned hut of Ulizmila the Witch, and finally battling through the ruins of the dwarven monastary Drokar's Crucible, the heroes collected all they needed and raced home, one hero shorter (as Vren died battling the worg Greypelt). A night and day of working on the cure and administering to the sick of Falcon's Hollow and the quest was finished and the town saved. During this time word came to the group that not only have the children siblings of Vren gone off on some foolish test of adulthood, but they have also raised the ire of the towns Gavel and Lumber Consoritum leader, and all around bad man, Thuldrin Kreed.

So it is with trepidation that the group answers the summons of Kreed to his estate on top of the hill in Falcon's Hollow. Warned by Celavan to give Kreed all the respect they can, the group moves with heavy hearts to speak to this vile man before setting out to find Nessa, Gunner, Griet, and Jak.

So this is where we find them, heading up the walk to the front door of the large estate. It is easily the most lavish, largest, and grandist building in all of Falcon's Hollow. Nearby is the High Market, now closed at this hour, and the rarely used Lumber Consortium guildhall as well as other wealthy homes. The lamp above the door is lit, the rope for the bell awaits a hand to ring it. As you walk your breath escapes your mouth and in the frozen air it hangs there heavy. Noses red, hands cold, winter is here, and here to stay.
Welcome to Act 2! Everyone has leveled up to Level 3 by this point. Its late evening, early night (its dark outside, like 8pmish). We basically are picking up only a few minutes after you left Roots and Remedies. Its also cold out, remember winter is on you.

See this thread for updated information on Falcon's Hollow:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... =4251.html

You be at #12
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:27 am

Celevan walks silently up the road to the Perch. It's rare that he goes there, and never after the High Market has closed. Thanks to his magical protection he doesn't feel the cold. But when they are halfway up the hill and a strong breeze blows by, it brings with it a chill that no magic can suppress. They were going to see a man who could have them killed with a word. He's rather face an angry wyvern in the Vale.

"He wants something from us," he says at last, just as they're nearing the gate into the Perch. "He'd send Payday of he wanted to harm us. I'm afraid whatever it is we'll have to agree to it - at least if we want to stay in Falcon's Hollow."

When they reach the door to Kreed's estate, he wastes no time pulling the bell rope. It was going to be an unpleasant meeting. No sense drawing out the misery.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 am

Torias walks along, mumbling something in Dwarfish. The cleric has his glasses on, and a shade of beard can be seen on his otherwise clean shaven head. He just has not had time to shave for about two days. He carries his large dwarven axe with him and his rune-covered shield is on his back. He pats the witches codex in the pouch on his belt, a bit angry that Kreed takes away his time to read it.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Dreams stares at Kreed's great mansion in disgust. No Elohim Elder, however respected, would live in such ostentatious quarters. It was all the more sickening given the widespread poverty in Falcon's Hollow. She says nothing though and puts on a pleasant face to deal with Kreed, reminding herself that he has done some good deeds and that he may therefore be redeemable. She is nonetheless anxious to get the meeting over with, so that they can go see to Vren's siblings. She fears word of Vren's death has reached them by rumor now and shudders inwardly to think what they must be feeling.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Meeting Thuldrin Kreed

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Torrak remains silent and at his brothers side. The monk nods to Celevan, "I'll defer to you Blue."

The bell is rung and a few moments later the door is opened up by a skinny looking servant woman. She has dark circles under her eyes, and her hair is all messed up. She glances over your group and doesn't need to ask who you are, you aren't the most 'common looking' group in Falcon's Hollow after all. "This way."

She leads you into the warm estate and into a large imposing chamber. The room is clearly some form of board room. A single long polished darkwood table dominates the room. There are leather backed chairs, and a roaring fire to complete the chamber. Sitting at the head of the table eating a half devourved game hen is Thuldrin Kreed. He has grease dribbling down his chin, and his hands are covered with chicken skin as he picks at one of the bones sucking the marrow out of it. A small pile og grapes rests on the plate with the chicken and a goblet of wine glints in the firelight next to him.

Kreed looks up as you enter, "Took your damn sweet time in coming didn't you?" He motions with a flick of his hand, and a spray of grease at the table. "Take a seat or stand I don't care." He scoops up a napkin and wipes his face and hands before he drinks down a few gulps of wine to clear his throat. "So you are the ones that put a stop to the Blackscour Taint, guess the Lumber Consortium owes you a thanks for that. Bad for business that sort of thing is having your work force dropping dead from bad water." He pops a few grapes into his mouth chewing loudly. "Blue Eyes there I know, Calaven right? You're some local druid not associate with that cult of wackjobs in the Darkmoon, but who are the rest of you. Me, I'm Gavel Thuldrin Kreed, incase there was any confusion. I'm the man that owns this town and everyone in it." He leans back in his chair waiting for introductions from you all.
Brennor is taking over Torrak once he's up to speed!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Meeting Thuldrin Kreed

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

"I"m sorry for the delay, Mr. Kreed," Celevan replies in a deferential, though not obsequious, tone. "There were more people sick than we'd thought and it took longer than expected to dose them all." It did little good to provide excuses to a man like Kreed. But a little politeness never went awry, especially to a man with Kreed's sense of entitlement.

"Yes, I'm Celevan," he says, not correcting the man's pronunciation. It was closer than many managed and more than adequate. "My companions are only just arrived in Falcon's Hollow a few days ago, from the south and west. He steps aside to let them introduce themselves.
Last edited by Trogdor on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 am

Dreams bows formally to Kreed, though at the angle she would to an equal, not a respected community leader. She doubts he knows enough about Elohim etiquette to know the difference. "I am Reluctant Follower of Dreams of the Dancers in the Glade Clan, though most people simply call me 'Dreams' for short. I am a paladin of the Holy Order of the Watchful Sword, dedicated to the service of Junil and Lugus. I came here at Celevan's call, to seek a cure for the blackscour." She remains standing for now. She doesn't want to sit at this man's table--it would feel too familiar.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:57 am

Syrronas remains standing next to Celevan and waits for Dreams to finish his introduction, "I am Syrronas, Dreams is my companion, we were sent to Falcons Hollow by the Elohim, at Celevan's request. Syrronas avoid's bowing knowing the custom is not as prevalent amongst the humans as it is with the elohim. He affects a respectful nod instead.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Torias comes forward. "I am Torias. I am a follower of Kilmorph, the Crafter. I am here for research." he says bluntly. He nods to Kreed. "This is my brother, Torrak." the Dwarf cleric waits for Torrak to introduce himself and adjusts the glasses on his nose.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Torrak gives a minor nod when his brother introduces him.

Kreed raises his eyebrow at Dreams and makes some floofy mocking jestures with his hands at her self introduction. "Oh a holy paladin of of the vaunted Elf kings, blah..." He shakes his head and looks at the rest of you in turn. "Well I suppose you are a tad better than the canival wierdos that Namdrim has arrived with." He's about to say more when one of the other doors in the room opens up and in steps PayDay, the man grunts and is buckling his belt having just visisted the outhouse. "Oh look who showed up?" PayDay strolls over to stand next to Kreed like a bodyguard, keeping his eyes on you peering over his broken nose.

Kreed sighs and forgets what insult he was goign to level at you and just gets on with things. "PayDay tells me that two more of you came to town, some pretty looking lady folk, but that one of them has gone and got herself killed trying to find a cure for the Blackscour. Its a shame that, but those are the dangers of the Darkmoon Wood." That seems to be a true hint of consideration there on his face. "But I didn't call you here to thank you, I called you here because of the trouble your kids have made." He is refering to Vren's siblings no doubt. "I know you brought some refugee orphans with you too, to take to Elara's Halfway House, but the place burned down a few weeks back. Well, those damn kids of your have gone and caused some serious trouble. Seems that they wanted to prove to the local kids how though they are, guess living near The Pit puts stupid thoughts in your head. That bunch of little riff raff has gone and dupted my son into going with them! Jurin, my boy, is a good kid, and these refugee rats have gone and forced him to take them to Elara's." He points a greasy finger at Celevan and the rest of you, his tone changes from veiled politeness to treat filled, "I want my son back! And I want those kids punished for dragging him off on their stupid adventure. If anything happens to Jurin I'm holding you all personally reasonible, understand?" The man clearly means it.
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.