Act 2 - Crown of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: September 16th, Falcon's Hollow

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Jurin nods, "Maybe." The boy hasn't talked much since you saved him from the Forged Spurned, but he's been polite, kind and very much unlike what you'd expect from Kreed's son. They say the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, but in this case it seems, at least so far, that saying might not always be true. "I'm ready to go home." The young man does look exhausted and eager to be in his own bed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 am

In the evening, Torias is bent over the witch's codex, trying to find some meaning in it. He walks along but does not say much, just a quick blessing on the kids in the morning and not much more. He tries to chat with Dreams again, talking about his studies on the history of magic.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:38 am

Dreams looks up from her conversation with Torias, arguing some obscure point about the fall of an ancient mages' empire, and asks Celevan, "Do you want company on your trip to see Kreed?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:43 am

"It's up to you guys. I can handle it alone if you'd rather stay here with the kids. But any of you can come along if you'd like."
It's going to be a scene with the boss of the town, and likely the finale of the adventure. Anyone who wants can be there for that.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:06 am

Dreams thinks for a moment. "I think it would be wisest if some of us come with you, in case Kreed ..." She pauses, trying to think of a way to say things diplomatically in front of the man's son. "... in case there are any misunderstandings with Kreed. On the other hand, we shouldn't leave the children alone here, not after what they've been through. Or is there a neighbor you would trust to look after them for the short time we will be gone?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 am

"I can see if my landlady is willing to sit with them," Celevan offers. "I wouldn't feel right asking anyone else out on a night like this.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Celevan knocks on the door to the landlady's room, she is sitting up reading a book and welcomes Celevan inside. After a short conversation the old woman happily agrees to keep and eye on the kids. She makes some hints however that they are going to have to work out some new arrangements in the near future regarding everyone's living situation. For now however, they are settled in, sleeping and with a kind old woman to watch over them.

You turn to the task at hand, taking Jurin Kreed to see his father. Edgrin, who you seemed to have forgotten could have watched the kids, and could continue to do so, he seems attached to them, speaks up, "I think I'd better come with you. I was there and saw somethings to didn't, this boys father might want to speak to me." He exhales, hands on his hips. "Ready?"
Let's not split up, its the end of the chapter scene, do you really want to miss it? No.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

"Right," Celevan agrees. "Let's head over before it gets any later. I'm sure Kreed wants to see his son, and I'm sure Jurin wants to get to sleep."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Torrak is caught up in making sure the children are warm and cozy in their beds when his boy Blue mentions heading over to Kreed's. The dwarf seems to be lost in the task of making sure that one of the kid's legs isn't exposed to cold. Stubbornly, the dwarf swiftly tucks the child's foot back underneath of the covers and stubbornly, the child unknowingly kicks it back out again. The process is repeated several more times before the realization that the others are waiting for him to finish sets in. "Right!" the dwarf finally exclaims, his forehead actually beaded with perspiration from the entire affair. "Let's go!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Dreams says to Edgrin, "You are most welcome to come with us. We will be grateful for it. And, since you are a resident of Falcon's Hollow, you know something of Kreed's character."