Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Interlude - Act 2/3: Falcon's Hollow

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Laurel nods, "Evan is right if the old tales are true. Put the wolvesbane around his neck tonight. If he starts to show signs he is changing force him to eat it, it will cure the lycanthropy one way or another." She reaches out and touches Celevan's arm, "I hope I'll see you tomorrow Evan. Rest easy knowing those kids will be safe. You can tell me all about them over dinner tomorrow." She looks around inviting everyone for dinner, not just Celevan.

So you take your leave of Laurel and head to Jak-a-Naps the local general store. You make some trades and quick sales and pick up a pair of manacles in the process.

So it is that you find yourselves walking out into the snow, which has now fallen several inches deep even along the roads. You stomp north up the road heading toward Elara's Halfway House almost by instinct. You can find a suitable place in the forest's edge to chain Celevan up and wait for moonrise.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Interlude - A Wolf in Celevan's Clothing

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Laurel nods, "Evan is right if the old tales are true. Put the wolvesbane around his neck tonight. If he starts to show signs he is changing force him to eat it, it will cure the lycanthropy one way or another." She reaches out and touches Celevan's arm, "I hope I'll see you tomorrow Evan. Rest easy knowing those kids will be safe. You can tell me all about them over dinner tomorrow." She looks around inviting everyone for dinner, not just Celevan.

So you take your leave of Laurel and head to Jak-a-Naps the local general store. You make some trades and quick sales and pick up a pair of manacles in the process.

So it is that you find yourselves walking out into the snow, which has now fallen several inches deep even along the roads. You stomp north up the road heading toward Elara's Halfway House almost by instinct. You can find a suitable place in the forest's edge to chain Celevan up and wait for moonrise.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Interlude - A Wolf in Celevan's Clothing

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 pm

"I suppose this is as good as anywhere," Celevan says, sitting down in a nearby rock. "Nothing to do but wait for moonrise, I guess."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Dreams nods. "Do you want to summon Suli? Would he help us control you? Or would he go berserk too if you turned into a lycanthrope." As she says this, she gently binds Celevan's hands and feet together with the manacles.

She steps back nervously, looking at the darkening sky. "Hopefully, we'll have nothing to worry about, but ..." She looks at the others, "If he does change, we'll have to dogpile on him to hold him down, then ram the wolfsbane down his throat without getting bitten ourselves. I guess someone with guantlets to shield their hands should do that--which probably means me or Torias."
I assume Dreams' suit of full plate has gauntlets. Does Torias' armor include them?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:05 am

"I think we're best keeping Suli out of this," Celevan says. "I really don't know what he'd do if I went crazy and asked him to help me get away from you guys. And I don't want to put him in that position."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Place Holder Post To Fix Error.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Torias thinks hard to find out if they forgot anything.
Knowledge checks to find out (history, religion, arcana, ...)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Torias scrolls back through his memory, trying to think if he's forgotten anything at this point. He knows some things about Lycans, not much, and mostly about Wererats that sometimes infest the old ruins in the mountains. It seems you have everything you need, a few silver weapons (Torrak has them), Wolfsbane, Celevan is shackled and tied to a tree. All he can think of is offering the Elohim a blessing to help resist the effects when the moon starts to rise.

So you wait, Celevan is tied up, his eyes sparkling blue gaze up through the forest trees and the snow there watching as the moon rises higher and higher. The snow is falling, lightly, your breaths are cold, your small camp fire giving off light and warmth. Syrronas adds wood to the fire, piece by piece to keep the winter at bay. As the moon gets higher he summons a protection for himself in case of combat, and readies his other spells to take Celevan down by doing the least amount of harm to him.

The tension is so thick you can cut it with a sword. Everyone is waiting. The clouds overheard drops snow and block the moon. Then some time around midnight the clouds start to pull away, and the moon starts to come out. Its silvery light shines down through the trees and the snow, piercing the forest and landing on Celevan.

For a long minute no one breaths, no breaths dance in the freezing air before your faces likes ghosts, as everyone watches, hoping.

Then the clouds return and the moon is covered and Celevan has felt nothing! There was no change, no feeling of chance, no fight for his soul even. He just is fine!

Torias comments, "Then she was not a natural born Lycan. Only natural born Lycan's can spread the taint, so I've heard. It means, it means that young girl was once bitten herself by a werewolf, at some young tender age, but her bite can not spread the curse." He looks relieved, everyone looks relieved.

Celevan is totally fine!
Torias: Know (Arcana) 24 Success

Celevan was never infected, Jeva is not a Natural Lycanthrope. She was bitten by one, in fact her whole family was attack by a Werewolf, her parents slain, she was infected as a child and ended up at Elara's. What that means is there IS a natural Werewolf someplace in the Darkmoon Vale however.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

"Well that's a relief," Celevan says, the tension draining from his voice with each word. "Now can someone see about getting these manacles off me?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:11 am

"Certainly," says Dreams helping her fellow Elohim free. "But we do have to worry about a real werewolf being loose around here. Though I'm not sure we have any clue how to track one. And if that girl is infected, we should try to catch and cure her--though I guess Elara had little success with that." She looks at Torias. "Maybe you and I should do some research on werewolves to see how we might lift the curse from her. Then we would have to figure out how to catch her, especially since she no longer trusts us."