Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Pay Day - A Few Days Later

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Pay Day narrows his eyes, "Just cause you done a favor for Master Kreed don't give you free reign around my town. Keep yourselves out of trouble." He kicks the door open, hard enough to crack one of the boards, and storms out into the street.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Celevan shakes his head and lays one hand on the door. He speaks a single word of ancient Elohim and the crack in the door seals. Then he closes the door and turns to the others. "He's an angry man, and a dangerous one. We'd better watch out for him. He'll be looking for a way to bring us down a peg or two if he can."
Cast Mending on the door.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Dreams nods. "We'll have to step lightly around him. I'm sure we can take him down physically if we have to--but that may have unpleasant political consequences. Probably the best thing we can do is keep working for the good of Falcon's Hollow as a whole, as we did with curing the blackscour. That way, we'll hopefully have the support of the villagers if push comes to shove."

She looks around at the others and says, "We have two pieces of unfinished business we need to look into--capturing Jeva and curing her of her lycanthropic curse and trying to find out who murdered the Piskies we found nailed to the tree in the woods. They both will be a lot of work, but I suspect capturing Jeva will be the easier of the two tasks, since we at least have an idea of where to start."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:01 pm

"I'd also like to check out the carnival while it's in town," Celevan says. "They travel across the land and may know some things. They also may have some items for sale that would be hard to get elsehwere ..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Ulizmila's Codex - Near the End of the Week

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Another few days pass, the talk of the carnival is now all that the town is abuzz with. Namdrin's carnival is set to open in a day or less and the kids from the town, yours and the others, are running about the streets pretending to be carnies and performers. Even folks like Laurel and the Sheriff are all atwitter about it. Rumors about Namdrim persist, a one time adventurer that settled down in Falcon's Hollow for a time, who now runs the carnival with the strange and wondrous creatures he found during his travels.

Your new found gold is spent at places and one food and supplies and for the most part you have been relaxing, talking of plans, and enjoying some down time. The winter outside is here to stay (for the next 400 years!) and anyone without proper winter clothing pays for it. Even going to the grocery to get food is enough to make your fingers and toes frostbitten if you aren't careful.

So it is late on September 23rd that you are just finishing your supper of mutton stew and a pumpkin pie courtesy of Kitani that Torias decides its time to talk about a matter he's been working on for a while now.
Grimbold, see my PM, now's the time to sort this out.

Also any further shopping, now's the time as well. I've added the 200gps to your sheets each from Kreed.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Re: Ulizmila's Codex - Near the End of the Week

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:28 am

Dreams stops by the local armorer's shop to see about get her new mithral plate armor properly fitted.
You said that it would cost 200-400 GP to get the armor fitted and once done the armor check penatly would drop to -3. At this point, with 320 GP, I want to see if I can afford to get it properly fitted or if I have to wait another adventure to get 80 more GP.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Torias has been working almost day and night on the Witch's codex on a makeshift desk in the room he is sharing with his brother. Some of the books he is carrying around as well as parchments with some notes he has been making in the last few days are lying around and the cleric is not talking to anyone about his work. Now, he finishes some notes and looks over them once again to make sure he got everything right. Then he storms out, his face gleaming with excitement. He comes to the living room area and exclaims:

"I have finally made a great breakthrough in Ulizmila's Codex. The cypher used is very complex and I've only been able to decipher some of the book so far but what I have is amazing. It talks of a great time long ago, The Age of Magic, and the creation of five great relics that were bound to the power of Sucellus, the now dead god of Nature. It speaks of these relics as being once wielded by the god's avatar, perhaps even as recently as his fight with Mulcarn!

The codex claims that the final resting place of these five artifacts is here in the Dark Moon Wood. Scribbles along the margins suggest Ulizmila was hunting for them herself for a long while. Her notes point to the Cold Marrow, a section of the Vale that she says is haunted and guarded by all manner of creatures and guardians. A strange cryptic map points the way to the general location she was searching, narrowing the region down piece by piece. From her notes, I believe only three areas remain to be explored. Why she stopped or what happened to her I can't figure out, but if we could search these three areas within the Cold Marrow we might be able to locate these relics!

The five artifacts are mentioned as being the Breastplate of Sacred Fire, the Wand of Earth's Ire, the Codex of the Firmament, the Vial of Pure Water, and the Spirit-staff of Sucellus."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 pm

"Recovering these Items would do the world some good," Celevan replies. "If even a fraction of Sucellus's power could be recaptured, it might afford some protection against this unnatural cold that's descended upon the world."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Dreams looks very excited and comes to look at Torias' work. She starts to pepper him with questions about the Age of Magic--"This Age of Magic, how long ago was it? Does it have anything to do with the Mage-Lords of Allast? How did it end?"--but then stops herself. She shakes her head and then says, "I guess all that can wait to another time, though I'd really like to go through this material with you some time. But Celevan's right--if we can find these relics, they may be of major benefit to the world. It will doubtless be dangerous. The God of Winter," Dreams avoids naming him so as not to draw his attention, "may have set demons to stand guard over these relics to keep anyone from recovering them. That may be why Ulizmila disappeared. If we go searching for them, we had best go well prepared," she finishes grimly.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Torrak beams with pride, as if it were he that made the discovery himself. This is not unusual however, as the stubborn monk has long since shared a strong bond with his brother. "By the Maker's Stones," the dwarf promptly roars aloud as he quickly slaps his brother happily upon the back and shoulder. "You've done quite well!" Torrak's meaty blow nearly sends his brother's glasses flying off from his face. Continuing to speak somewhat embarrassed at the show of enthusiasm, the monk then adds. "Mother would have been proud!"

Having shared a moment of glory and triumph with his brother, Torrak then begins to rummage through the cupboards, searching for some buckwheat, "A discovery such as this,” the dwarf comments as he rummages, “Most assuredly calls for some flapjacks in celebration!" Having unknowingly sensed his brother's own hunger from spending so much time in study, Torrak proceeds to make his brother something to eat and inquires as to what it is that the priest needs him to do to begin searching for the five artifacts.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!