Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Image The small village of Falcon's Hollow is a wild place.
Nestled in the shadow of Droskar's Crag, the people of Falcon's Hollow are hearty and stern.
Theirs is a life of hardships, broken only occasionally by a handful of festivals and the infrequent merchant caravan.
They face constant adversity from both the wilderness and the wiles of man.
Wolves nip at their heels and cutpurses ply at their pockets.
It is a testament to their strength that they even manage to survive at all.
-- The Icatian Pathfinder Chronicles

** Late Afternoon, The Kid's New House, September 16th, 52 Years After the Fall of Bhall **

It was yesterday, late that the group arrived back in Falcon's Hollow with the children and Edgrin in tow. Last night the meeting with Gavel Thuldrin Kreed resulted in a fair enough settlement for the group and the kids, one you couldn't argue with at least. All morning the group has spent making good on that promise. You have found a house for the kids to live in while in Falcon's Hollow. With the help of the Lumber Consortium you've moved the kids into a house that up until less then a week ago was home to a few people of the town. Unfortunately for them they died of the Blackscour Taint before you could find a cure. Fortuntely for you they left their house furnished and well kept. As a result you are able to move into the place with ease. There are enough rooms for the kids and for Edgrin who has expressed a great desire to remain with them. Their shared ordeal in the mines, and his giving up his adventurer ways makes this a good arrangement for everyone -- plus the kids like and trust him.

So standing inside the main room of the small yet comfortable home you look on with satitsfaction as the kids, Nessa, Gunner, Griet, and Jax are settled into their new place. It will cost them 1 gold a month in rent, reduced from 20 gold for non Lumber Consortium members, and with the large pile of gems and gold you've collected for the kids they will be set for a long long while.
Welcome to the interlude chapter. This chapter will be a short as we deal with some of a loose ends and warp up some things in a quick manner. We'll cut from scene to scene and span over a week rather quickly.

Items I expect to handle, but we aren't limited too.

1. The kids
2. Your own house
3. Reward from Kreed
4. Celevan's Werewolf Bite (Full Moon Tonight!)
5. Shopping / Selling / Magic Items
6. Torias translating the Codex from Ulizmila's Hut
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Interlude - Act 2/3: Falcon's Hollow

Post by Trogdor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 pm

"I wanted to thank you, Edgrin," Celevan says, "for all you've done for the kids, and all you've promised to do." He pats the bard on the shoulder. "You should be set up for the near future. At least long enough for the kids to get a little older, settle in, and figure out what they want to do. And between Torias, Dreams, Laurel, me, and you, we'll make sure they all get a proper education - both in letters and in arms. None of them will get stuck working for the Lumber Consortium for more than a year if I can help it."

"We're trying to get our own house in town as well," he adds. "But it's taking a bit more time, us not being on the Consortium rolls. But we'll have one soon. And Falcon's Hollow isn't so large that you won't know where we are. We'll be by soon to see the kids again. And in the meanwhile, please let us know if there's anything you or the kids need."
I think we should get a house too. (Paying the 20 gp/month, no doubt). And we should get a housekeeper/caretaker too, since we'll be out of town a lot, I'll bet. No doubt there's a widow somewhere in town who'd be glad of the job (and whom Celevan can trust).

Celevan will also keep his room in the boarding house. If nothing else, his landlady probably could use the money. And it's probably harder to fill a room these days.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Interlude - Act 2/3: Falcon's Hollow

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:55 am

Getting a house sounds like a good idea. And if we can afford it (200-400 gp), I'd like to spend the money to get Dreams' new plate armor properly fitted, in order to reduce the armor check penalty from -6 to -3. But that doesn't need to be our top priority, if we have other things we need to spend money on.
Dreams nods at Celevan's words, liking the idea of teaching the children between adventures. As they leave the house, she says to him and her other companions, "We had best go into the woods and look for some wolfsbane. And, if we can't find it, buy some chains in case you, ah, transform tonight." She pauses a moment and the continues, "And once we have our own affairs in order, we still have to look into the murder of the Keld Piskies--those fairies we found nailed to a tree."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 am

"Laurel might have some," Celevan suggests. "We can stop by her shop on the way out of town."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Torias nods. "I would also like to look into equipment and perhaps armor. A house sounds good. Perhaps we can find a nice one. I need a place where I can look at the Codex."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Edgrin smiles wide, a friendly warm smile. "It is my pleasure Celevan." He shakes the blue eyed Elohim's hand. "Don't you worry much either, I was one of seven kids, had four sisters of my own, so I like a big family." He tears up a little. "Well you better try and find that house of yours, you know where we are."

Nessa stops Dreams before she leaves the house, the young girl stands up tall and gives Dreams a solid hug. "Thank you. Thank you very much." She turns away and smacks Gunner just because he's her brother and the two fall to wrestling one another shouting and laughing. You know things are going to be just fine!

You step outside and the talk turns to more somber matters. First on your list is getting some wolvesbane, and dealing with Celevan's possible lycanthropy. It is already after noon and so the talk of shopping and house hunting will have to wait -- tonight there is a full moon.

*** Cut Scene ***

Root's and Remedies

Laurel holds a hand over her mouth, "Oh my dear, how troubling for you Celevan." You have just explained your situation to Laurel the local herbalist. She's offered to help with the children as much as she can and that's made you all feel better. Then you've told her all about your adventures including Celevan's bit from the Werewolf Girl Jeva. She stands there shocked with a look of pain on her face, "Of course I have some Wolvesbane, I used to sell it to Elara now and then, but I had no idea she was using it for this purpose." She produces a few sprigs of it dried but very potent, "Here, just take it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:48 pm

"Thank you, Laurel," Celevan says, taking the wolfsbane. "Thank you for everything. We'll be back tomorrow - gods willing. Assuming everything works out for the best, I'll give you a longer explanation about everything that's happened, perhaps over dinner if you're not busy."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:45 pm

"Right then!" barks Torrak in inquiry, witnessing Laurel hand his boy Blue the wolvesbane. "What's next!?" Elaborating further, the dwarf then goes on to add, "I mean, after all, we don't want your boy Suletor getting all gah-gah in love with ya tonight when you go sprouting fur and what not! Tell us what we can do to end this dreadful plight."
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

Dreams says, "I think we had best buy some chains or something else to bind Celevan in case the wolfsbane fails and he is infected. Otherwise, we would have to fight him ourselves, something I think we would all prefer to avoid."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 am

"That might be best," Celevan says. "As to what we can do," he shrugs. "I may not be infected at all. If I am, I think I have to eat the wolfsbane. If it doesn't kill me, it may cure me."