Interlude - Act 2 and Act 3: Falcon's Hollow

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Interlude - Home is Where Your Heart Is

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Torias just trots along, whispering something to his brother in the dwarven language.
<Kilmor>"A nice proper mine with a decent library would be great. Better than a house. Or perhaps a monastery? Maybe we can get a few dozen dwarves to set up the old monastery again? The kobolds will have to go, obviously..."

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:23 pm

"At least the wind won't be as bad with walls around us." Syrronas remarks as he follows the half-elf into the house. He has not often needed to think of domestic things such as heating a house, or living arrangements but tries to keep his eyes open and look around as well.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 pm

The group heads into the house. It is a simple affair, a few rooms on the first floor, a living room and kitchen, with a bed room off the back. Upstairs are a few more rooms. Its large enough that only the Twins will have to share a room and everyone else can have their own. It is by not mean glamourous, and is in fact a bit run down and could use some attention work and gold, but its solid, clean and big enough.

Kitani smiles at the various compliments, "Since you aren't members of the Consortium it will cost you 20 gold a month. I know it steep, and you need to put first and last months rent up front plus Payday wants a 10gp deposit as well in case you break things. I've arranged to handle these things so if you want to just pay me I'll see its taken care of each month for you. She rests a hand on Celevan's shoulder with a tilt of her head.

Kimi stands in the doorway with a bored scowl on her face. "Are we done mom?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Dreams looks around. It's not very elegant compared to the quarters she's used to back in the Elohim settlement of Graceful Oaks, but, as she earlier noted, it will be a significant improvement over sleeping in the woods. And they are unlikely to be here regularly. She nods and says, "This will do fine. We will probably be away quite a bit. I assume that our neighbors will not take advantage of this and will be respectful of our home." In Kilmor, she adds to Torias, "A library would be nice. I do not know how many of your people would be so eager to reclaim a monastery haunted by that undead thing we faced and tainted by having been the home of evil cultists."
Remember, Dreams knows Kilmor now.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:13 am

"I can check in from time to time for you if you want. I'm sure your friend Edgrin and the kids can do the same as well. No one will give you a hard tim about it. Well, no one but maybe Payday or his ilk." She looks around the place, "Could use a woman's touch I could say, don't you think Evan?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:44 am

"We'd be more than happy to have someone check up on the house from time to time," Celevan says. "I was trying to think of seeing if one of the women recently widowed by the Blackscour would be interested in taking the job of keeping the place clean - maybe do a little cooking when we're around." He sighs. "I know it must be hard for some of them to lose a husband, and in some cases a child as well. And I don't imagine they're getting any sympathy from Payday. "Do you know anyone who might fit the bill? I know the death payments from the Consortium don't go that far. I'm sure there's someone who could use the extra coin."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Kitani smiles, she hasn't stopped smiling in fact, "Oh yes I can find you a cleaning lady, no problem. There are few older women who've lost their husbands." She stops smiling at the mention of that word. "I'll send them your way."

Kimi tugs on her mom's sleeve, "Come on, let's go, its time to leave. I heard that Namdrim's Carnival is back in town and your promised I could take a look at them setting up."

Kitani nods to her daughter, "Right you are. I'll come around and check on things for you all. Be safe Evan and the rest of you." She touch's Celevan's arm once more and takes her leave.
One more post from folks in the new house and i'll end scene. I'll remove the starting gold from everyone's sheet.

50gp due now / 5 = 10 each. After this we'll just skim it from the top of the loot sheet. you will notice new sheets on the Loot Document for the house, you can mark stored items and track such things.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

"Thank you again, Kitani," Celevan says. "I don't like to think how we'd have managed this without your help." Then he smiles at the half-elf and her daughter and adds, "you be safe as well."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 am

Torias nods. He would love a library in here, and a quiet room for his studies. But at the moment, there are other tasks at hand.
Torias would have liked to buy a breastplate, but as it is over 200 gold, so out of his reach at the moment.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 am

Torrak thanks Kitani politely and hands Celevan his share of the rent. The bald dwarf then proceeds to try and find the room with the thickest walls. "I snore like a banshee in heat." the monk mutters softly to himself as he walks about. "No need in keeping anyone awake other than my brother. Blasted devil's used to it!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!