Act 3 - Strong Ale Tent

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Act 3 - Strong Ale Tent

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 am

Damned scruples. Reckon I'm switching back to the Good side from my previous Neutral attempt. Oh well.
Torrak continues smiling, though internally, he is lost in thought. A quick nod of the head and extended handshake snaps the dwarf back to reality, his decision already made in full. "Deal lads! Shake on it! Despite what my brother might think or say, I promise you that we won't breathe a word to Jurin's dad or the others." Torrak briefly allows his face to scrunch with second guess and then promptly continues on with his commentary. "Just as long as you two fine young lads agree to promise that you'll come and seek us out the next time that the hankering for ale or mead strikes your fancy! I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you, nope not one bit!"

Allowing time for response, Torrak then inquires. "Now then lads, how about that there sackrace!?"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 am

Torias just stands next to his brother and lets him do the talking. He looks at the youths sternly and nods approvingly. Then he gets ready for the sackrace.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:58 pm

"Right! We are going to kick your arses! Come on Jurin!" Gunner and Jurin hustle to the entrance of the sack race area. After offering up some tickets, the last ones the dwarves have, the four are paired up ready for the sack race. A whole row of people going to race line up, two people to a sack. Among the racers are plenty of kids, some ladies, and a bunch of the locals. Notably among them is Jak Crimmy, the owner of the ramshackle Jak-a-Napes famous for his cinnamon crusted flapjacks.

The carny running the event holds his hand over his head, "Ready! Set! Go!"
We'll do 3 rolls, race down to the end, the turn around, and the race back.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Torrak leaps forwards as hard as he can, shouting "I SURE DO WISH THAT I HAD SOME TASTY FLAPJACKS TO EAT WHEN I WIN THIS HERE RACE!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Jak looks over from where he's in a sack with some woman. "When you LOOSE this race friend, you come on over, I'll fix you up a batch!" He doesn't say for how much, but he has a big smile on his face. With everyone in the race ready the carny running the show shouts, "Ready! Set! Hop!" He drops his arm and the line of sack racers start hopping attempting to bet the others while not falling on their faces. Right at the start a couple goes down, and a few others stagger but the race is on and the various folks are strung out along the race course.

Gunner and Jurin are off to a bad start, Kreed's kid falters and then falls on his face pulling Gunner down with him. That puts the kids already behind the dwarves who hop off to a good start keeping pace with Jak and many others. Turning the cone at the end of the track is tricky as you have to have one person hop faster than the other. It proves easy enough for the Twins, but Jak's lady takes a tumble sending them behind as the kids catch up at this point. On the home stretch some pair of Lumberjacks are out in front and everyone is trying to catch them, which causes Torias to push harder than his scribe skills allow and he tangles his brother up and the two Dwarves hit the frozen earth. That gives Gunner and Jurin and Jak and his Lady time to catch up. The three teams hop, laughing and shouting with fun, across the finish line at the same time, just in time to take second place in a three way tie!

The crowd is laughing and shouting and everyone present, even those in dead last, have had a good time in the sack race.
I'm not allowing Take Tens cause its more fun this way :) Chaos!

Leg 1: Torrak 15, Torias 13: Normal Speed
Leg 1: Gunner 19, Jurin 6 FALLS
Leg 1: Jak 10, Lady 12: Normal Speed

Leg 2: Torrak 12, Torias 18 Normal Speed
Leg 2: Gunner 15, Juirn 13 Normal Speed
Leg 2: Jak 4, Lady 19, FALLS

Leg 3 Torrak 15, Torias 7 Falls
Leg 3: Gunner 11, Jurin 13 Normal Speed
Leg 3: Jak 19, Lady 11 Normal Speed

Lots of other random people: One team rolled insanely well.

Final:
Torrak & Torias 2 Points
Gunner & Jurin 2 Points
Jak & Lady 2 Points
Random Lumberjack Team: 3 Points WINNER

TIE for SECOND PLACE
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm

"So we all lost - we all have to tell the others we were drinking ale!" Torias is still out of breath from the jumping.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:33 am

Torrak falls to the ground and begins to laugh out loud. For once in his life the dwarf has had some genuine F-U-N. Allowing himself the chance to cackle like a madman, Torrak rolls about in the snow and tries his best to get Gunner and Jurin to join him in the good time. Once all is said and done, the bald dwarf then rises to his feet and comments. "Now then, what say you we find that there Jak and see about getting us some flapjacks!?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Gunner looks at Torrak rolling in the snow and then starts to giggle and then laugh and the infection spreads and soon everyone is laughing and holding their sides or rolling about in the snow. The boys have had a darn good time and being a bit drunk they are easily swayed into making fools of themselves in the snow with the dwarves.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Torrak tosses one last snowball at both Gunner and Jurin, and then one more over towards his brother. The dwarf's face aches from laughing and his hind end is starting to sting from the bitter cold. Now rubbing his arse rather brusquely, the dwarf takes the time to reiterate. "Oh my that was fun lads! But I was dead serious when I said that I wanted to find that there Jak and see about getting us some of his trademark flapjacks. What say ye boys, and brother!? Shall we let some food float around in our bellies full of drink? C'mon if so!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Just as Torrak is talking about flapjacks something happens in the southeast area of the event field. There is a bit of commotion from the southeast, and a whisper goes through the crowd. One word on the breeze, "Namdrin." People start to turn and look, and there striding up the main way through the Carnival comes Namdrin Quinn. He moves without a word, and with very little noise. Namdrin is a sinewy half-elf of corded muscle and bone, with a long face haunted by loss. His sunken eyes do not fix on any who attempt to speak with him, instead staring off into a distant as he had a fading memory of happiness eludes his soul. His eyes are focused straight ahead and he pays no heed to anyone. "Where is he going?" Someone comments.

A large collection of people are following him, like rats to a piped piper almost. The all look excited, and you can see Celevan, Edgrin and the two kids Jak and Griet with them as well. Edgrin offers a wave when he spots the twins.
Its time to start posting back in the main thread with Celevan and Edgrin.
This thread rejoins the main thread: A Carnival Master Sighting