Act 3 - Strong Ale Tent

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Act 3 - Strong Ale Tent

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Torrak loosens his grip upon the drunkard and then snags a quick gulp of his ale. "Come brother," the dwarf quibbles roughly, "Let's leave these humans to their tankards. We've got better things to do than tussle."
Vote for leaving. No reason to get caught up in something Kreed/Payday can use against us.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm

The pair of dwarves hustle out of the tent into the cold winter air once more, but not before escaping with their mugs of ale. Slugging down the rest of the fine brew the two look around. The only things nearby of note is the event field (a few games still unplayed) and the Blind Peep Show, perhaps worth a look.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 am

"Let us look at the event field, there are still some games we could try. Or we could try ice-skating? I do think the peep show is something Kilmorph would frown upon." Torias looks at his brother waiting for his answer.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am

"Peeping's for cutthroats and rapscallions," retorts Torrak, his gaze upon the ale tent, "I'd say we make our way the event field brother. If only to keep us from being caught on anything but solid ground. Those drunkards in the tent might harbor a grudge towards us and I don't entertain the notion of trying to defend myself in some crazy manfolk's wobbly-arse'd ice skates!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:16 pm

"Right. Let's go!" With his brother, Torias walks over to the field to see what games there are that they have not tried before...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 pm

The pair of dwarves head up to the event field where games and the like are being played. A few things remain the group hasn't tried out. The two spy Gunner and Jurin laughing and walking about. The pair of young men are standing before a small field where sack races are about to take place. Gunner waves at the twin dwarves and hustles over. "Hey Trorias, Torrak, check it out, sack races. You think we should give it a try?" The young man seems a bit off, and it only take a second before you can smell ale on his breath! Somehow the two of them have managed to sneak a few drinks!
Sack Race: A pair of racers climbs into a large sack and hops down a 100-yard field. The first team to cross the finish line wins a carnival doll. If a pair moves at full speed, each member must succeed on a DC 10 Acrobatics check or fall prone. If they can both make DC 20 checks, they can run at double speed. Moving at half speed requires no check.

Entering the sack race costs 1 cp.

The race will start soon, either with you if you want, or without you if you don't.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Torrak frowns at the two lads, but understands their curiosity completely. Still however, drinking at such a young age can be harmful to youngsters if not done so in proper moderation. There are many variables to consider, such as potential allergies, adverse reactions, etc. Pondering the proper course of action for a few moments, Torrak nudges his brother's side and responds.

"Sure!" barks Torrak in reply enthusiastically with a wry smile upon his face. "And if me and my brother win, you have to tell the others that you have been drinking!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Gunner chokes almost, "What? Why, wait? Drinking?" He's taken completely by surprise. "Why would we have to do that? This is a carnival, they gave us the ale!" Jurin nods a few times too many, "Besides, I'm old enough, my dad said I'm not a kid anymore, that means I'm a man, and men drink!" Jurin's father is Thuldrin Kreed, you can't forget that. Gunner squints his eyes, "I nearly died last week, murdered by kobolds and poor Jurin he had that.. that thing going to pound his soul out of his body, and you are worried about us having a few beers?" Jurin shivers at the memory of it, "I thought dwarves were supposed to be all about drinking ale." "Me too!"

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Torrak smiles broadly then breathes a blast of mead in the two youth's faces. "If you win, we'll tell the others that we've been drinking, deal!?" The dwarf then winks playfully, praying that his jest has been taken in good faith.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 am

Gunner's eye squint.

He looks at Jurin.

Jurin then says, "You won't tell me dad."

Gunner then, if the dwarves agree, says, "Deal."