Act 3 - Seeking Justice

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 3 - Seeking Justice

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Milon shrugs, "Those with power have it, those without, don't. You go against Kreed and you are out of a job, none of the Tycoons will hire you on if he tells them not to. Then you can't feed your family or yourself." He helps Dreams up to her feet and lightly skates about, "You are also talking about men that can't read or write, they know lumberjacking, nothing else. Its a life, hard, but its better than not living." He seems less worried about it all, he personal is in good shape, he is a tracker and a woodsman, works as lumberjack and a scout and a guide for the consortium, so why press his luck when he has it better than most.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 am

"I suppose," says Dreams. "It still seems a sad state of affairs and I have trouble believing you can't do better for yourselves." But perhaps elven ways are not for everyone, she thinks to herself. And, as a historian, she knows that different peoples have their different cultures--but that they can also change in surprising ways. That and her idealism means she can't quite bring herself to believe the humans must remain in such misery. She turns to the girls. "Now what about teaching me how to do that fancy move," referring to the figure eight she saw earlier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Milon nods, "It would certainly be nice, but who is going to stand up to Kreed and PayDay? No one in this town." Milon and the girls then work with Dreams to figure out how to the do the figure eight. It is not going to be easy but Dreams once her mid is set works hard at something. After a good thirty minutes, with some falls and bruises manages a perfect figure 8 (well perfect for the situation). The girls also figure that move out and soon everyone is laughing and doing figure 8s.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:35 am

In response to Milon's question, she says, "Well, Sheriff Baleson seems to have no fear of Kreed or Payday--though I suppose it helps that he doesn't work directly for them. Still, I can imagine many another man in whose shoes would defer to Kreed. It's a good thing Baleson doesn't--I can only imagine what this town would be like if there was no one who could keep Kreed and his men even a little bit in check."

Dreams enjoys herself as they all work together to try to figure out how to do a figure eight. After they've managed to pull it off, she says, "I'm getting a bit hungry--it's well past lunch time. And I told the others I'd meet them at the food tent after I found the sheriff. Do you girls want to come with me to get something to eat?" she asks them. To Milon, she says, "You're welcome to come with us all well. We can always come back here after we've had something to eat."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Milon nods, "True enough, Baleson is a good man, a lone port in the storm." He gets a look on his face that suggests Dreams may have just ignited some bit of heroism in the man. "I wonder if he could use a deputy." Men will do anything to impress a woman, even after they have said they aren't interested.

As the group skates over to the bank and the talk of food starts a procession of sorts comes near to the banks. There is a bit of commotion from the south, and a whisper goes through the crowd. One word on the breeze, "Namdrin." People start to turn and look, and there striding up the main way through the Carnival comes Namdrin Quinn. He moves without a word, and with very little noise. Namdrin is a sinewy half-elf of corded muscle and bone, with a long face haunted by loss. His sunken eyes do not fix on any who attempt to speak with him, instead staring off into a distant as he had a fading memory of happiness eludes his soul. His eyes are focused straight ahead and he pays no heed to anyone. "Where is he going?" Someone comments.

A large collection of people are following him, like rats to a piped piper almost. The all look excited, and you can see Celevan, Edgrin, Torias, Torrak and the four kids Jak, Griet, Gunner and Jurin with them as well. Edgrin offers a wave when he spots the kids. Gunner calls out to Nessa and the two sibling join up in a quick barage of updates.

Celevan waves to dreams to join them...
Back to the main thread and linking up with the group once more.
This thread exits to: A Caravan Master Sighting