Act 4 - Cold Marrow Expedition

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: October 7th: Home Sweet Home

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

"Should we guard them personally?" Celevan asks. "Nowhere is safer than on our person."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 am

"Most of the items would be rather difficult to conceal if we kept them on us," says Dreams, "and I think they would be safer hidden than in plain view. If it is known we have them, it would be an invitation for, well, who knows what to show up and try to claim them from us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 28, 2014 12:52 pm

"I can try and ward some of this place, though it is not a powerful spell." Torias says. "Our best bet is to find out quickly what we are to do and then do it."
Might use Glyph of Warding to protect them, but it is not that powerful.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 28, 2014 8:11 pm

For my point, I would think you'd want to carry and use the items as well. A scroll, a wand, an armor, a staff, and a vial. Pretty easy to just have on you.
The group debates where to hide the items, and Celevan suggests you personally each guard one item. At the least you'd have an eye on each thing all the time. Torias mentions a ward, but also knows that prior to reading Ulizmilla's Codex you had never heard of these, nor would you have known what they were -- likely the same for everyone in Falcon's Hollow.

Regardless you have time to sort this out. Celevan pushes for you to hold them at least another day so you can get settled in. So you retire to the rented house, as this one is in no shape to live in tonight. You arrive and get a fire going to warm the place up. People wash up, eat, and find the beds.

Before you realize it morning has arrived....
Chapter End! I think this is a great place to end the chapter! Watch the OOC for XP awards, not sure if its a level up or not, have to check on the last time that happened, etc.

You can take the what do we do with the magical items talk to OOC.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring