Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Image Malakim. The very word conjures images of power, mystery, and antiquity. When the world was young in teh early time of the Age of Magic, long before the Fall of Bhall, the spell-smiths of Malakim crafted such marvels that the people of the day were said to be living gods, able to form reality with a thought and oblivion with a whisper. Little of their civilization survived the Repentance of the Archmage Kylorin, but a few desperate survivors fled out of the sand blasted kingdom. Although little survives from that era, nonetheless here and there relics of the original Malakim still await discovery in Patria. But woe be to the adventurer who stumbles across these vestiges unprepared, for the Malakim possessed magic unlike any that yet remains in the world, and they guarded their secrets jealously.

** Midday, Falcon's Hollow, October 9th, 52 Years After the Fall of Bhall **

Over the course of the last week the group ranged out into the Darkmoon Wood once more. This time with the goal of seeking out a grove of Sucellus spoken of in the Codex of Ulizmilla. The venture took the party about the forest locating a collection of five elemental relics tied to the now dead god Sucellus. Encounters in the forest and the Cold Marrow proved both bloody and enlightening. Contact with Frostlings has been made, which can not be good for Falcon's Hollow, and you spoke with an Illian Seer who said she's coming to Falcon's Hollow come time next month.

It has been a day and a half since you arrived home to Falcon's hollow. Its been a day of dealing with your personal issues of the trip. Some of you simply needed rest, time to get warm after your venture into the Cold Marrow. Others were debating what to do with the Panalopy, or going over the Codex once more. The house you are building has tied up some of your time as well, the workers need payment and new jobs need to be assigned. Not to mention a bit of reflection time on all you've learned. So yesterday was a day of little thing and squaring away being home.

Today you look to the future with possibly larger matters to attend to. Falcon's Hollow seems to be just fine,
F5 to Refresh

Welcome to Act 5!

Everyone has leveled up to 6th!

We have the loose ends to resolve of:

Where to keep the Relics?
Work on the house continues?
Illian Seer coming to town next month?

Here we go!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 pm

When the group finds some time alone, Dreams speaks to the others, "We have some time before the Illian Seer comes, but it would be best if we prepared the town for her coming. We will certainly need to tell Kreed about it, but I think we should also tell Sheriff Baleson and Laurel about it as well. They both have enough weight with the community to help them come to a sensible decision--and if enough of the community opposes a deal with Illian Seer, Kreed might feel the pressure to do so as well."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sat May 31, 2014 5:27 pm

After their arrival, Torias spends an hour or so talking to his brother, Torrak, who has been overseeing work on the house and looking after the children. When Dreams asks about his plans, he answers:

"I will let you deal with Kreed and focus on the codex, Dreams. Maybe I can also find out more about the Winter God and his servants."

With that, he goes off into his makeshift library and resumes studying the codex as well as any other books he comes by, trying to find out how to put some more divine power into the artifacts and maybe, he can also find out more about Mulcarn and his servants.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Celevan's mouth wrinkles into a frown. "I can help speak to Kreed. He's known me the longest of any of the group. He'll probably expect to hear this news from me." He nods to Dreams. "We should definitely warn Del and Laurel, though for form's sake, we should tell Kreed first. It won't matter much in the long run, but Kreed will take it badly if we tell anyone else before him."
Let's deal with warning about the seer first, then look into what work needs to be done at the house.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm

No idea where mack is.
Wil is picking at a callous on his weapon hand, "So let him take it bad I say." The half orc spits into the snow as he's sitting on the porch, wrapped in furs. "I guess that's a bad idea. Alright, let's go get this over with before I change my mind."

The group gathers up to go and see Kreed. The walk from your rented house to the Consortium leader's manor takes you a bit, but you are soon standing before his door, ringing the bell, and then heading inside. It seems Kreed is home, its early after breakfast still and he hasn't started tormenting the locals just yet.

You wait a few minutes in the parlor before he comes in, as always his lap dog Payday is present. "Well well well if it isn't the heroes of Falcon's Hollow! How's that house of yours doing?" Both men laugh.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Sorry life has been rather busy...
Wilfried lingers in the entry hall of Kreed's mansion a sour look on his face as always at the thought of looking this man in the eye. As Kreed approaches and chides them Wilfried merely nods managing a meager smile and leaving the big words to Celevan or Dreams.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 pm

"The work on it is going slowly, but steadily," Celevan replies politely, as if the question were one of genuine interest. "But that wasn't what we've come for today. While we were in the Cold Marrow we received word that Falcon's Hollow will receive a visitor of some importance in the coming days, and we thought that you should be told straightaway. The visitor will be an Illian Seer, one of the servants of the Lord of Winter." He looks to Dreams to see what she may want to add.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Dreams says, "She seems to command the local frostling tribes, so she is a force to be reckoned with both in military and spiritual terms. She will be coming in a month or so to ask that the people of Falcon's Hollow pledge their loyalty to the Winter God." Dreams' voice leaves no doubt how distasteful she finds that idea. "I think the townsfolk should give her a polite hearing, but also remember that the Winter God can be a harsh and treacherous master. And there's no telling what kind of tribute they may demand in the long run, even if their words sound reasonable at first." Dreams hopes that her words will get Kreed thinking about whether pledging fealty to Mulcarn will really bring him any safety or prosperity, even in the most selfish terms.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:07 pm

No problem, just hadn't heard anything, or I forgot if I did. Hope busy = good.
Kreed paces around his long table of Darkwood. "You were smart to come to me. I'm glad to see you are finally realizing where the power in this town resides. This Seer may come and speak with me, I will determine what is best for Falcon's Hollow and deal with her as I see fit." He places both hands on the table and looks over it at your group, "I hope you have not tried to speak on behalf of my town to this Emissary, for you have no right to do so. Your job as messengers seems above your pay grade as it is, but I'm sure the Winter God won't fault you for it."

He rises back up, hands off the table, "Now then, for your troubles I'll make sure any shipments of timber you need to fix up that eye sore of yours on the outskirts of town isn't delayed. I do expect you are going to finally repair that before you are cited for it, or before I'm forced to condemn it for being unlivable and being a danger to the health of Falcon's hollow?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Celevan nods as Kreed praises them for coming to him first. And strangely enough, he even had the reason right. Power in town still resided with Kreed. And for as long as that was the case, they would have to keep him at least moderately happy.

"No sir," the summoner replies. "We simply carried the message for her. The Seer will be here in about a month's time to set forth her proposal."

"As for the house," He adds, "we've already started cleaning it up, sir. And we do have a shipment of lumber due so that repairs can begin. Thank you for making sure that it comes through okay." It harmed him not at all to be polite to Kreed.