Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

October 25th, Payday from Beyond the Grave

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:46 pm

3 Day on Grimbold. I have no idea where he's got too.
Torias stands before the body of PayDay, "Gather around friends and interested parties." That last bit for Kreed. Laurel, Baleson and Kreed are present, and none of them look too eager to do this. Speaking to the dead may be something the dwarf priest can do, but these simple folk don't like the idea of it.

Torias then begins his prayers and finishes his casting. He points his hand at Payday, "Boss Teedum, rise and speak to me! I have questions for you. Whose orders were you following when you attacked us?"

There is a cold air in the chamber, and Torias can sense more and the can see Payday's spirit present, the rest of you can only vaguely feel something in the chamber. Laurel shivers and Baleson holds her hand to comfort her. Torias repeats his same question, "Payday, answer me. Whose orders were you following when you attacked us?"

There is a ghostly voice. "And why would I answer you dwarf? No. I will not give you any answers!"
Will Save 25 vs DC 18
Refuses to Answer
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Celevan comes along quietly. He's more taken up right now with the change in Suli that has occurred. For when he summoned the eidolon back from his celestial home, Celevan found that he was no longer a giant lizard, but a kind of ant centaur, with the body of an ant, but an anthropomorphic torso and head.

As Torias casts the spell and Payday's spirit refuses, he offers solace. "We always knew this was a possibility. It seems that Teedum was stronger-willed than I would have given him credit for.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Dreams shakes her head and says, "Well, I'm afraid we know no more than we did before--except perhaps that there's a secret Payday wants to protect even beyond the grave." She looks over at the lumber baron and says, "I hate to say this Kreed, but you may be the best chance to finding out what happened to Payday now. You could put out the word through your Lumber Consortium contacts that you're looking for two suspected murderers--someone who killed one of your key employees. Send out a description and maybe we'll at least find out where Jada and Calfious have made it to. Maybe you can even arrange to have them arrested and brought back here. If they can tell us who paid them, then we might actually get somewhere."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Kreed folds his arms over and replies to Dreams, "Don't tell me my job. That's my Boss that's been killed. Don't worry your pretty elven head over it, I'll handle things from here. Baleson, I want Payday's body released to Verrin so he can be put in the ground, assuming the old man can manage to dig a hold through the frozen ground. Teedum deserves a proper burial."

Baleson nods, not arguing this point to Kreed. "Sure thing Kreed."

Kreed stands there a moment. "If there is nothing else to waste my time with, I'll be going."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Drak was definitely interested in what Payday had been keeping secret but is not entirely surprised when he refuses to speak. He is still a bit disappointed at their results. "Sometimes these things go this way. It looks like we will have to come up with an alternate plan."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:42 pm

Dreams says nothing, but shakes her head. If Kreed refuses even to take advice when they clearly have an interest in common, she has nothing more to say to him. Hopefully, he's not so pig-headed that he won't follow her advice just because she gave it to him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:30 pm

As Kreed leaves and the body is taken care of you can't help but feel that for now at least your most recent adventure into the Darkmoon Wood has finally come to a close. So much has happened in the last few weeks, and so much more is to come you need time to sort it all out.

So leaving Baleson's you head out into Falcon's Hollow, breath in the cold air and head off...
So here ends this chapter! Watch for a new one!