Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Vade's Tower

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:29 pm

The magical items are left on the table, Torias scoops up the last of the scrolls, and the wand and puts them in the small scroll box into his back pack. Some debate now on what to do with Payday's corpse is had, and Torias informs the group he will speak to the dead in the morning.

So with the rest of the day left Celevan leads those interested to the tower of Sharvaros Vade. Vades tower is in the upper part of town only a few buildings from Kreed's Manor. The tower is little more than three story structure, but its called a tower because the wizard lives there with his only son (and only family member). There is a outer wall around the tower, and a small wooden gate door. You knock on the door and wait. After a time the door to the courtyard opens, and there is a young boy standing there. You recognize him as Savram Vade, he's about the same age as Nessa and Gunner and has at times been seem playing with the kids. You also remember saving him from the "Slay Ride" during the "CarnEvil" of Tears. His head is held low when he opens the gate but then as he looks up at you his head rises up, his face starts to smile and he beams. "Oooh! Its you! Its you! The Saviors of Falcon's Hollow! Oooo yeah! Wow-wow-wow! Holy crap its you!" He almost jumps up and down clapping he's so excited to see some of you (some of you he doesn't known).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Vade's Tower

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:41 pm

"Hello there, Savram ," Celevan says with a smile. "Keeping out of trouble, I hope. Can you tell your father that he has some people here to see him?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Vade's Tower

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:38 pm

The young man smiles wide, "Oh well, I try sir, but its hard. You know Falcon's Hollow has all sorts of trouble, and needs all sorts of heroes. I've been doing my best to follow your example. I'm going to be a great hero one day, just like you Mr.Celevan!" He motions for you to come inside, "Come on inside, its cold out." He lead you though the short courtyard and then into the tower's ground floor. The first level of the tower seems to be nothing more than a living space, a kitchen, dining area, and the like, much like your home. Stairs lead up to the second and third floors. "Wait here!" He runs up stairs and is gone a few minutes then runs back down.

"Dad is finishing up some experiment, then he'll be right down. Can I get you something to drink why you wait? Maybe if you like, you could tell me about your latest adventure? I heard you went into the Dark Moon Wood and saved all the lumberjacks again!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Vade's Tower

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:03 pm

"I can vouch for that. I am one of the ones they saved." Drak leans against a wall. "I am Drak Kehnt, a Dragon Sorcerer from the Malakim Tribes to the East." He tips an invisible hat to Savram.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Vade's Tower

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:03 pm

"Just Evan, please," Celevan says to the boy when he gives him an honorific. I'm the same fellow I was before the trouble started."

Then he waits while Savram goes upstairs.

When the boy returns and reports the summoner nods. "We can tell you some of what happened, if you like. And something to drink sounds wonderful - if it's not too much trouble."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Vade's Tower

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:00 pm

"Wow! Malakim Tribes? I don't even know where that is? Like east of the Dark Moon Wood?" Clearly the boy hasn't learned too much geography yet at age 10. He nods to Celevan, "Oh yes okay Mr. Celevan no problem!" He pours you all a drink of cool water, its nice and cold out of their pump and puts it around for anyone that wants one. "I've love to hear how you battled goblins and killed the evil fey creatures and sent the abomoboablbly snow man running!"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Vade's Tower

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Braedon introduces himself to Savram, then orders Aela to remain outside by the gate. While inside, Braedon is amused at the boys enthusiasm and the fact Celevan, or Evan as he seems to prefer is a hero around these parts.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Vade's Tower

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Torias walks along, quiet for the moment.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Vade's Tower

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:06 pm

"Well," says Celevan, "you have to watch out with abominable snow men. They're ferocious and quite tricky. But we managed to stop them. As for the rest, well, it was a hard fight, but we managed to prevail." Celevan then goes on to tell Savram a very sanitized version of what happened, a version that has rather more abominable snow men in it than the true version.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Vade's Tower

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:08 pm

The star struck boy Savram barrages the group with questions, about your fighting, and exploits and battles. He seems rather interested in the battles, and a bit less on any magical things you mention -- perhaps the outcome of a father who is a wizard. He seems eager to hear of the heroics and you can tell he fancies those stories greatly.

You tell a few tales, nothing too gory or romanticized, when finally Vade arrives from up stairs. Sharvaros Vade is a middle aged man draped in a wizard robe like you might expect. He wears a wide belt with a few spell component pouches on it but otherwise isn't armed in his own home. He comes down the stairs slowly taking in each of you as he does. He stops on the third stair up, to give himself some height (and dominance) over the room. "Well well well, who do we have here? The heroes of Falcon's Hollow. I wondered how long it would take you to finally pay me a visit. To be honest, its been far longer than I expected." He puts his hands on the railing, "I am Sharvaros Vade, as you know, and you are Hinya Amartho Luinë Celevan Hendu", his Elohim speech is perfect, not even Dreams could fault his pronunciation. He does however address Celevan, a odd name for the man who you all know as Evan or "Ol'Blue Eyes" to some. "And you," he points at Dreams are, "Allareia-Nosaki-na'Tirris Arrasul-Elassyrin-el'Tirion." The wizard regards your dwarven cleric and "Torias Runefist, unless you are your twin Torrak Runefist, but I think not." His eyes move over Braedon and Drak, "You two I don't know."