Act 5 - Revenge of the Kobold King

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Tracking on the Edge of Town

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Braedon finds a chair, sits and begins petting Aela who has laid down at his feet. As they are trying to decide what to do next, he is struggling with the vision he had from a set of footprints leaving town. Why was she running? Was it yesterday? Was it many years ago? His focus returns when Dreams recommends putting the investigation on hold and prepare for the arrival of the Winter God's representative. Listening intently to her recount of the story, "I would sooner this be my last day, than bend a knee to the Winter God."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Back at Home

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:02 pm

"One problem we still have," Celevan adds, "is what to tell Kreed. I doubt he'll accept the excuse that the murderess skipped town as a reason for why we haven't gotten tot he bottom of things yet."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Back at Home

Post by Muskrat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Dreams shrugs. "Well, we may have to tell him that. It would not be the first time we've made Kreed unhappy. We can give him the evidence we did find--that Jada and possibly Calfious were involved." She drums her fingers on the table and says, "Actually, Kreed may have better luck finding them than we would. He could use his connections in the Lumber Consortium to put out the word that the two are wanted in connection with a murder. Much as I dislike saying it, Kreed may be our best hope now of solving this case. That is, assuming he wasn't involved in some way, though I find myself doubtful of that now."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Back at Home

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Drak shakes his head. "That may be the best option at this point."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Back at Home

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:50 pm

"I tend to agree with you about Kreed," Celevan replies. "Based on what we've seen, I think he was duped by Payday as much as we were. Somewhere out there is the person Payday really worked for. And I'd like to find out who that is."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Back at Home

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Without much more to do today the group goes about their daily lives. Torias has made it plain he plans to speak to Payday's corpse in the morning after he prayers for new spells. Perhaps, he thinks, Payday might himself have some enlightened view on his own death.

So the rest of the day you spend handling other matters from the last trip out in the Dark Moon Wood, namely shoping. The various pieces of mundane items you've collected you sell off at Jak'a'Napes, or a few pieces even to those at the Sitting Duck. You divide up some of the more magical pieces, giving Drak and Braedon a crack at a few things as well since you expect they will be joining you on future ventures and can put the items to use. However you are left with a few more magical items, the Holly Wreath Ban and the Cloak of Treeform to be exact.
Going to move on, you sell of items not claimed. Do you want to sell off the magical items that remain? If so I think a trip to the local wizard might be in order. We can take the ooc chat about ti to the loot thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Back at Home

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:23 pm

"Anyone want either of these?" Celevan says, holding up the cloak and the holly wreath band. "If not, I'll head over to Sharvaros Vade's place to see if he's interested in buying either one. Or maybe he'll have something to trade."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Back at Home

Post by Eilandor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Braedon carefully inspects both the band and cloak, then returns them to Celevan. "I fear I can not make good use of them. Between the belt, buckler and gloves, I am grateful to you for the opportunity to share in some of your findings."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Back at Home

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 pm

"I too will have to decline." Drak says, raising his palm to form a stop motion with his hand. "Those garments would not provide me with any sort of benefit." He looks down at his new bracers and amulet, "No, these will work just fine. Thank you for the offer however."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Back at Home

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 pm

"I will also decline. Though the wand and scrolls interest me, but if anyone else wants them, go on and take them."
Will still be offline often these days.
Torias plan: Prepare 1x SPeak with dead and use it on Payday. I think it is good to have all the group present (and Kreed!) to see through it if he bluffs us. My planned three questions might be (not only yes/no questions, but answers will be "brief"):
Why did you attack us?
Who ordered you to attack us?
Who were you really working for?
What did those who killed you not want you to tell us?

Any other ideas?