Act 6 - The Pallid Plague

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The Arrival of the Cleric of Mulcarn

Post by Muskrat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Dreams expression grows decidedly sour as Mulcarn's cleric enters town. "Hopefully, he'll get along with Kreed as badly as we do," she mutters darkly. Given that Winterson might well also be a threat to Kreed's power, that seems entirely likely. Other than grumbling though, she does nothing, remaining far from the cleric. They were working out their own plan to counter his influence and she was satisfied with that for now.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:15 pm

Drak looks on from the side as the Cleric makes his entrance. Leaning up against a wall with his arms crossed he waits patiently. He wouldn't be caught dead greeting or shaking hands with a Cleric of Mulcarn for any reason.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Aela whines at the arrival of the cleric, but more important to her, his winter wolf. Braedon looks at Aela, "Yeah, I see him." Whines. "Seriously?" Whines. "Yes, yes, his white fur coat is very well kept and majestic looking." Frowning, "Don't get any ideas."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Stepping out from some of the crowd is Stormy Pearl Madison, Kreed new Boss. She brushes her hair back with a hand, "Well hello sexy..." she winks at the young cleric. "Name's Madison, but you can call me Stormy. My boss Kreed is right this way." She turns and leads him toward Kreed with a swagger in her walk that draws many a man's eye. "Gavel! Here is our honored guest, Mr. Winterson."

The cleric, for his part, makes no return gestures to Stormy Pearl, he only walks to follow till Kreed steps out. You watch from the side lines as one of the most important meetings of powers takes place in Falcon's Hollow since your own arrival takes place. "Greetings Gavel Kreed, I am the one spoke of, Fannar Winterson Devote of the White Storm, Herald of the Snow, Protector of the Ice. Is my abode prepared for me?"

Kreed sizes the man up, "Shit you are way younger than I was expecting. I thought you'd be some grizzled of son of a bitch come in here screaming and proselytizing about Mulcarn." Kreed points across teh Market, "There you have it, your Church, was a problem to build in such a short time, but its strong and sturdy and it meets our bargain, which I will take as complete now."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Dreams mutters softly to her companions, "Well, at least we can count on Kreed not to try to suck up to anyone."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:32 am

Out of curiosity, Dreams looks at Winterson with the sight the gods gave her, looking to see the stain of evil on his soul. It was possible, though unlikely, that he was some foolish dupe of Mulcarn and not genuinely evil.
Detect Evil on Winterson

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Celevan stands back and lets Winterson make his entrance. He doesn't move to introduce himself. None of the other townsfolk were, and Celevan holds no official position within the town. But he keeps an eye on the man, trying to get a feel for what sort he is.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

The young cleric looks about, "Where are the heralds that arranged this with the Seer? I would meet with them, and thank them for their efforts on Mulcarn's behalf. Tell them I would see them inside." The man gazes about, noticing Dreams nearby, and the strange blue eyes of Celevan looking at him, and Aela looking at his wolf companion. He smiles, and nods politely to any gazing at him.

He turns and gazes at the church, to Kreed he comments, "It shall do. You have done well." He strides to the door and turns back, and lifts his voice which carries over the din of the marketplace as if by magic, "I thank the people of Falcon's Hollow for their wisdom and prudence. Join me, tomorrow, one hour after dawn for a service to thank the Winter God for his mercy and blessings and to seek a mild winter for all the people of the region." He then turns and heads inside, his great wolf following him.

Kreed shakes his head and then calls over to the company, "Did you hear that? Bastard wants to see your little group. Don't do anything stupid in there, you understand me?" He glazes mostly at Dreams.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:43 pm

"We'll try to be diplomatic," Celevan replies to the current master of the town, with a glance over at the temple. "If he remains polite, we will." He looks at the others as if to say, we must. Then, with a gesture of his head toward the temple, he gathers up Suli and follows Winterson inside. "Let's go and meet the competition."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Aela growls at Braedon upon his suggestion she remain outside. "Take it easy, I was only kidding." As he follows Celevan towards the temple entrance, "So, a cleric to the winter god, with the name of Winterson. A bit on the nose yeah?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"