Act 8 - A Touch of the Green

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Morbion's Chamber: Round 2-3

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Dreams hisses in frustration, then holds her tongue, knowing that her hearing will be crucial to striking the slime in front of her. She strikes out, trying to judge where it is from memory and sound.
Full Round Action: Two attacks with elven curve blade vs. slime #2

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

Torias follows up and slashes at his foe.
5ft step, full attack

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:31 am

Normally his human frailties would have Nate flailing about in the darkness, barely able to tell where floors or walls are. But magic can make all the difference, and the gunslinger is ready for this challenge. The lenses of violet crystal in front of his eyes illuminate his vision even in the dark. While not as clean and crisp as true daylight, he can still tell where everyone is, and what he's doing.

Fighting the supernatural slowness, he sets his musket and aims at an excruciatingly reduced pace, but he manages to still get off a shot.
I got the Goggles of Night! So I have Darkvision, so I can still see. :D Slowed, so can't just unload everything. But I still do a Deadly Aim single attack on Morbion.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Morbion's Chamber: Round 3-4

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Round 2 Nate 16, Morbion 18, Sliime Creatures 16, Torias 15, Dreams 14

Round 3 Nate 16, Morbion 18, Sliime Creatures 16, Torias 15, Dreams 14

Round 4 Nate 16, Morbion 18, Sliime Creatures 16, Torias 15, Dreams 14
Torias steps up following the priest and hacks into him once with Glintaxe. As the axe strikes the light of the blade flares up pushing back the darkness. The power of light and dark struggle against one another and so now cancel each other out. Leaving the light of the chamber to fill the room, enough for everyone to see by.

The change in light from bright to dark to dim again, does a bit of a number on Dream's vision. She swings at the slime, and slips and nearly falls, but catches herself in time to strike out again. Like every time she's hit a slime creature her blow is weakened. She lightly slices away some jelly.

Nate, painfully slow, brings his musket up to fire, and the slime creature takes advantage of it, lashing out and striking his leg and burning him. Still he gets his shot off and puts a slug into the shoulder of Morbion who howls in pain as he's hit a second time now by the heroes.

Morbion counters, "Oh so you think you can defeat me? You can stand there watching as I kill your friends." He signs a spell, quickly and easily, sending tingling up and down Torias' spine. He can feel himself slowing, but then he fights the effect and does not become paralyzed!

The two slime creatures lash out with tentacles. Each one manages to strike their targets once. Dreams and Nate are both hit, its a light bruise, but more importantly this time their systems are overloaded with constant contact and they are poisoned both of them, their bodies going numb.

Torias, Dreams and Nate....as the bird figure on the ground starts to stir and moan.
Torias: 5ft, Full Attack: 24 Hit for 9,13 Miss
Dreams: Full Attack #2: "1" (Fumble: 27) Normal Miss, 21 Hit for 14 - 5DR = 9 Dmg
Combat Round 3
Nate: Deadly Aim Morbion [AoO: 25 Hit for 7 + Poison: Fort Save: 21 Success): 30 Hit for 13
Morbion: CoD: 23 Success, Hold Person on Torias: Will Save: 32 Success
S1: Full Attack Nate 25 Hit for 8 + Poison: Fort Save 13 Fail POISONED - 1 DEX , 13 Miss
S2:: Full Attack Dreams "20" (Crit:11) Normal Hit for 5 + Poison: Fort Save 12 Fail POISONED -1 DEX: , 9 Miss

I'll wake up Lineos next round, then we can see if he can join the fight
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Torias sees his enemy taking damage, stumbling and bleeding from two shots and one axe already, so tha bald dwarf attempts to finish him with his axe.
Full attack

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Dreams grows increasingly frustrated with doing battle with a lowly slime, while Morgion stands there mocking them. She moves around the slime, leaving herself momentarily open, towards Morgion, while calling out, "Junil and Lugus, guide my hand!" then strikes at the evil priest.
Move Action: SW, S, SE. Yes, I know the slime gets an attack of opportunity on me.
Swift Action: Invoke my last Smite Evil vs Morgion.
Standard Action: Attack with elven curve blade/ smite evil vs Morgion.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Morbion's Chamber: Return to the Slime Pool

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Round 3 Nate 16, Morbion 18, Sliime Creatures 16, Torias 15, Dreams 14

Torias stay on the man, his blade flashing bright, and he strikes Morbion twice hard, each strike nearly severs the man's legs. He's barely standing, and as he starts to topple forward his head is disconnected from his body as Dreams joins the fight and severs Mobiron's body at the neck. The enemy slimes shudder and shiver, they seem directionless without their guiding hand. They slorp about the chamber heading back to the center pool, where you watch four more of their kind reach up and grabs them and pull them down into themselves and the pool. Most of the slime on the walls and floor slither into the center pool begin consumed by it slipping and sliding back into the center of the chamber!

The feathered figure along the south wall begins to stir, he's waking up, finding himself bound and gagged.
Torias: Full Attack: 26 Hit for 14, 25 Hit for 13 = 27
Dreams: Move [AoO: ], Smite vs Morbion, Attack 27 Hit for 17 = DEAD
POISON: Dreams: 18 Success, Nate: 26 Success (Poison Purged)
Welcome @Hungry Xenomorph to the game as the Bird Man
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:48 pm

"Hey, there is a prisoner! Let's get him out." WIth all the dripping slime Torias wants to get out of the chamber for the moment, so he glances at Dreams and (if she helps) with her help, he heaves the birdman up and walks him out of the chamber. Then he cuts him loose and ungags him.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Suddenly awake Lineos tries to wriggle free from his bindings, he tries to ask for help but the gag in his mouth makes it impossible to do so. When he is cut free he gives his chafed wrists a a rub and bows in gratitude to the strangers that just saved him. "Thank you kind adventurers, my name is Lineos Shadowfeather." Lineos offers a his claw for a handshake.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm

After a moment's hesitation, Dreams takes Lineos' claw and shakes. She then makes a formal bow. "I am Reluctant Follower of Dreams of the Dancers in the Glade Clan, but most people simply call me Dreams." She is an elven warrior woman, with tattoos on her face and hands, as is common among her people, the Elohim. Her hair is completely white and the sash she wears about her torso has the holy symbols of the gods Junil and Lugus on it.

"Are you injured?" she asks. "Torias and I are both skilled healers. How did you come to be a prisoner here?"