Act 8 - A Touch of the Green

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Cavern of the Ooze Lord - Purged by Fire

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Lineos looks pensive for a bit, "our former home has become a wasteland the soil has frozen over, plants and animals have steadily been dying, the few people that remain are distrustful, even though the mountains shielded my people from the brunt of the catastrophe the cascade effect created by such a massive disaster has been unavoidable, the situation is dire and it seems that other places are in roughly the same shape." Lineos then looks at Dreams and responds "I'll gladly continue on with you, I understand why the baron distrusts strangers, sadly the catastrophe has shifted how people see each other."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Cavern of the Ooze Lord - Purged by Fire

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 am

"I'm just as new myself to this little company, Lineos. I came into town and found all the villagers strange and creepy. These folks didn't appear as afflicted, and it turns out these same slime monsters had taken over their minds and corrupted most of the folk." He shudders. "Unsettling to say the least. It'll be nice to have some sort of safe harbor to settle in, even if the politics isn't perfectly friendly."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

December 28th: Return to Springwell

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Drak is worried by the words of Lineos but he doesn't say more.

When dawn arrives, cold once more, in the camp you pack up and find that the cindershards you had to protect yourselves from the Sickstone of the cavern have mostly all degraded (one each). Leaving you with very few now, but you have no reason to return to the cavern after Torias stone shapes the cave mouth closed.

You've packed up and done all you can here. So you turn back toward Springwell and march back into town. For about 20 miles you march, following the map. Nate's woodcraft skills are good, and between his abilities and the map you stay on course through the forest. You've stopped for lunch, and then again for dinner as you press along through the forest. It is nearing the evening, and you are glad you didn't try and make this trip in the dark of night more and more. The twinkling lights of Springwell appears out of the forest as a light snow flirts with falling. Its not uncommon for there to be snow this far south, in fact its strange for there not to be. The unseasonably warm weather that you encountered on first arriving in Springwell is ended with the end of the threat of the Ooze Lord. Winter has pushed its way back into these forests and into Springwell, and you are forcibly reminded that its late December.

You arrive late at night, the lights of the Sleeping Dragon Inn welcoming and promising warmth.
Link if you cant' see the map enough: http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... evised.jpg

You have 3 shards total left in the party. Just if you cared about that sort of thing. Sheets updated.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:14 pm

Dreams says, "The first thing we should do is check on Celevan and our other sick companions. If they're still not well ..." She sighs and rubs her tattooed forehead. "I guess we make arrangements for their care and return to Falcon's Hollow, given our pressing business in the south. Once we see how they are, we can take a bath, get some decent some food and a well earned rest. We can hopefully sort everything else out in the morning."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:48 pm

Nate nods in agreement. "First priority is always the people. If they're healthy enough to travel we can still guard them on the way." He pats his magical bandolier as well. "I'll need to get some supplies for repairing my firearm as well. Nothing difficult in a town with a skilled blacksmith, but something I couldn't manage by myself out in the wilderness."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:35 pm

You make your way into town, and into the Sleeping Dragon Inn. You are welcomed to the common room with a shout and mugs held high. Its a far different greeting than when you first arrived a few days ago. Men and women stand up and pat you on the shoulder, shake your hands, and buy you drinks. They are a bit gun shy of Lineos, but after explaining he's one of you now they welcome the strange bird man.

Dreygan, the dwarf owner of the Inn shouts and shuts the crowd up, "Welcome back friends! Sit! Drinks on the house, tell me your tale!" It seems Dreygan has become the new defacto leader of the town since you purged the ooze from the city. He sits and listens to the tale and is very happy to hear it. Unfortunately for you the village has very little in the way to reward you for all your efforts except for their undying gratitude. Dreygan informs you that the old mayor finally stuck is head out yesterday, and tried buying the affection of the locals, but Dreygan would have none of it and he exiled the man into the woods for his cowardice and apparent tax skimming during all of this. "We found 350 gold among his things, stolen from the town, and we all agreed to turn it over to you. Its not much, but its what we can afford." He plops the bag on the table for you. "And as the newly elected mayor I name this day Falcon's Hero Day, in honor of your efforts and where you came from."

Drinks and food are plenty, and you have free rooms of course. You learn that Celevan and Braedon are still sick, but its nothing too serious. Still they are up in bed sleeping, and rumor is that they plan to return to Falcon's Hollow, unable to keep moving forward, promising to look out for things back home. Drak promises to help them make the trip, offering to watch over them and keep them safe along the way.

So you decide to enjoy things tonight here in Springwell, with a hope to do some re supply in the morning and then to set out south after your mission, and Lineos, without many other options, agrees to join you.
You guys can RP here, feel free to RP the NPCs, any of the former PCs, etc. I think I've set the stage so you know where Drak, Celevan and Braedon are headed.

When I'm back from Vacation we can start a whole new chapter! Make sure you've level up, and deal with loot on the sheet, and you can restock with very basic stuff here (nothing over 200gps) is in the town.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Lineos welcomes the camaraderie as if it were precious air, for far to long the birdman had been alone, a fact that just dawned on him as he drinks from a tankard of ale. "Thank you for the warm welcome. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my new companions." With that Lineos raises his tankard high above his head and shouts "to new friends and good ale!"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:13 am

Nate joins in the revelry, allowing himself to finally get well and truly drunk. Repairs and resuppling can wait until later. Seeing the town go from creepy nasty cultists, to friendly healthy real people, is a pleasure to behold. As they get drunker, he attempts to whisper with the others. "Hey, hey. Hey." This goes on for some time. "We should, you know, spend all the money here. They need the gold more than us. Get a lot of supplies. Maybe stuff our town ... Falcon ... thingy. You know. Stuff we, they need. Buy things. With money. So they keep the money."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:52 pm

Before she sits down for a drink, Dreams makes her way up to their room, checks on Celevan and Braedon, then washes the slime from her face, hands and hair. She decides a full bath can wait till after the celebration and returns downstairs, her hair wet and, for once, unbraided. She drinks the ale, for which she is gradually acquiring a taste, though she will never rate it as high as proper elven wine. She does her best to unwind, but the knowledge that they still have an unknown evil to thwart in Chimera's Cove hangs heavy over her and keeps her from truly relaxing. Still, she joins in all the toasts and any singing, knowing that they have more than earned a celebration. Indeed, it is a pleasant change to have the leader of a community thanking them for their good works instead of cursing them as a threat to his power.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

December 29th: Fond Farewells in Springwell

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Dreams finds that Celevan and Braedon are both ill, they seem to be suffering from the flu or something similarly mundane but they are out for the count. Drak and Dreams agree he will stay with them until they are fit enough to travel then all three will return to Falcon's Hollow. With the large wolf Aela (Braedon's companion) he is certain he can make the trip without issue. However he requests the wagon, so he can take the supplies and the sick friends. That means you are on foot from here to Chimera's Cove unless you find other transport.

The festivities continues late into the night and Nate manages to spend a good amount of the reward money on buying rounds of drink and tipping the pretty waitress. The rest of the money could easily be spent in town on supplies to send to Falcon's Hollow, doing a double good for both communities. You could spend some of it too on food supplies for your trip south and restocking simple items like torches and rope for yourselves.

Before dawn one by one you find yourselves heading off to bed and Nate finds himself the focus of the attention of an average looking woman, hero struck, and more than willing to keep the only man among you's bed warm for the night -- if he so chooses.

The rest of you drink, eat, sleep and eventually noon rolls around of the next day and you find its time to walk, make last minute arrangements and shopping trips for supplies before Dreams extols the virtues of continuing on your (Dreams, Nate, Toris and Lineos) quest south.
I'm going to end the chapter here! I think we already leveled up right? So you can RP morning and packing and shopping, but its time to move on. Once I get caught up I'll start a new chapter.