Act 9 - Chimera Cove

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Act 9 - Chimera Cove

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:12 pm

Dreams drops to the her knees, leaning over the edge of the boat and desperately slashes at the tentacle gripping Torias in an attempt to free him before he drowns or is eaten.
Free Action: I guess this is essentially Droping Prone
Full Round Action: Attack vs. tentacle #5 with elven curve blade. Two attacks per round. I assume I get some sort of penalty to hit for the awkward angel of attacking over the edge of the boat; if not, Power Attack.

Attack roll: 15/10; damage: 1d10+5
Power attack roll: 12/7; damage: 1d10+14

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Hand of the Deep: Round 2-3

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Round 2 Nate 24, Torias 12, Octopus 11, Dreams 10, Lineos 9

Round 3 Nate 24, Torias 12, Octopus 11, Dreams 10, Lineos 9

Dreams drops to her knees and slashes through the water. The resistance of the water, the awkward angle, and the general toughness of the tentacles all adds up to a bunch of splashing and no contact with the tentacle. Torias remains trapped!

Lineos, Nate and Torias...
Dreams, Attack #5: (-4 Pen): 14 Miss, 15 Miss
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Grabbed, Lineos tries to stab the tentacle holding him. He raises his arm and tries to drive the katana into the wriggling tentacle.
attack the tentacle that grabbed me

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Torias concentrates a second, then turns into a large heavy tree! He hopes the tentacle will let him go out of surprise.
Use cloak of treeform. Decide to be a really slender type of tree.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wo ... -treeform/
"This spell allows you to assume the form of a Large living tree or shrub or a Large dead tree trunk with a small number of limbs. The exact type of tree, as well as its appearance, is completely under your control. Even the closest inspection cannot reveal that the tree in question is actually a magically concealed creature. "

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:37 am

Nate screams in frustration and defiance. No matter what damage he is managing, his companions keep getting picked up, and even dragged into the depths. But he'll be damned this tentacled creature is going to make him give up. Swivels back around, firing off his volley at yet another of the grasping appendages.
Full Attack #2 - trying to free Lineos this time.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Round 2 Nate 24, Torias 12, Octopus 11, Dreams 10, Lineos 9

Round 3 Nate 24, Torias 12, Octopus 11,
Dreams 10, Lineos 9
Lineos stabs at the tentacle with his long sword, its awkward but the birdman is able to stab the thing once slicing a good long wound on it, but its not enough to get it to let him go. So Nate helps out. He pivots and fires with a shot that rips through the tentacle. That's enough to make it let Lineos go as it retreats under the waves. Lineos drops into the water with a splash.

Toiras calls on the power of his cloak and shifts into a tree! A tree with lots of pointy branches that poke and stab into the grabbing appendage. The thing releases him, like if you were holding a puffer fish that just blew itself up. A tree now, made of wood, he floats up to the surface of the water.

The thing is wounded, more than half of its tentacles are wounded or bloody stumps. Dreams watches as it dives down down down until the blood cloud its making blocks it from view and it swims into the depths to lick its wounds.

Lineos and Tree-rias swim over to the boat and grab the side.
Lineos: "18" (Crit: 24) Hit for 19 / 14 Miss

Combat Round 3
Nate: vs #2: 15 Miss, 22 Hit for 24 = DEAD, vs #1: 19 Hit for 25 = DEAD
Torias: Treeform! That's Fun. Dropped
Retreats from Wounds
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:13 pm

That was clever, Grim.
Drema sheaths her sword and leans over the edge of the boat to help Lineos and Torias back aboard. "Let's be on way," she says. "I don't want to find out if there's more things like that around here. An undead dragon turtle is quite enough for me."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Nate just stares at Tree-rias, his brain struggling to comprehend the man having prepared a method of turning into a tree on command. He turns Dreams, utterly befuddled. "You ever seen him do that before? I haven't known you people all that long. This a regular thing I just haven't seen yet?"
Hot damn that was hilarious. Who would have ever thought "Treeform Cloak" would get you out of a scrape. Rather than "ugh, this sucks, guess I'll sell it when I'm back in town".
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Lineos climbs his way back on to the deck of the boat, "Good shooting, Nate!" he extends a hand in gratitude to the man. Soaked Lineos looks for a warm spot that he can dry off in.
Kudos on the quick thinking and hilariously effective results.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Dreams turns to Nate and says, "Ah, no, can't say that I have seen him do it before. But I figure we all have tricks up our sleeve we haven't used before."
Yes, that was clever.