Act 9 - Chimera Cove

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Act 9 - Chimera Cove

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:29 pm

"No, we have no maps that have endured all these decades." The three look at one another, then to Targas and excuse themselves a moment. They go outside, and you can hear them chatting with one another, a emotional conversation. Then they return a few minutes later.

Targas leads, "They have agreed to tell you all they can with the promise to share it with no one and to use it to stop Poltur." You have already basically done so, but you affirm your desire to help and so they continue on. Cirllia explains,"...that when a holy symbol of Lugus is dropped into the center of the cove on 5 fathoms of silver line, seawalls rise up to connect the islands with the shore and with each other, and the water level in the enclosed cove gradually drops. The receding waters will reveal a cave mouth in the Lion, normally hidden below the low-tide mark, which stands tall enough to allow the entry of a medium-sized ship. We also know that this cave mouth is the entrance to a network extending through all three islands. But all of this is secondhand information, for none of us has actually been within the concealed port, as it is extensively trapped and very dangerous."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:39 am

Nate takes a deep breath, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. He can barely imagine the amount of mechanical or arcane effort it would take to move that much water, much less have it last the years. "Holy symbols of Lugus aren't hard to come across, although 5 fathoms of silver line might be. We could melt down that amount of silver without too much problem, but we'd need a talented silversmith to make it thin but not fragile."
5 fathoms = 9.14 meters = ~30 feet
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:12 am

Lineos perks up when hearing about the hidden cove and port, he has never been on out on water and the idea of a hidden port inside an underwater cove is unfathomable to him. He looks around to see the others reactions and is surprised to not see any reactions, as far as he can tell, he leans back on his chair and looks on, at the elders wondering if they might know of a place where he could lead his people to, I better ask them upon returning he says to himself.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

"I can work metal, though I have never made a fine chain. I could try." Torias says. "I shall also meditate and find a way to better find traps. Let's get to work."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:14 pm

"I can supply the holy symbol of Lugus easily enough," says Dreams, tapping the one, paired with the symbol of Junil, hanging from her neck.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:19 pm

Erthic sighs, "Well if you didn't com prepared that's fine. I know of a hidden silver line, just for this case." You realize that the letter you collected from the Baron did mention these items being needed by Poltur.

"We've had these items hidden away for ages, just in case, but we had hoped to never need them."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:41 pm

"Well then, we shall start out tomorrow." Torias says. "I should like to pray and meditate before we begin."
I'd like to prepare some Find Traps spells, but if absolutely necessary, we can also go now. What time of day is it?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Dreams is silent a moment and says, "I would like to rest as well--but there is the question of how fast Poltur can move. I would like to face him before he summons this undead dragon-turtle, not after."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:27 am

Nate nods. He could take some time to craft more bullets, but he has made plenty on the trip here. He doesn't need to rest to suddenly be able to use a gun again. The benefits of alchemy over magic, he supposes. "I can join a watch for the night at least. Help some of the locals get more sleep than they might otherwise."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:45 pm

"I can assist Nate if need be, i do not mind helping the local folk out, if you do not mind it." Lineos gives Nate a little nod.