Part One: Port Wander

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: After the victory

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Trask nods to Lorayne. Once she opens the airwaves to the ship he begins speaking.

"This is Sarvus Trask, Lord-Captain of the Sabre of the Trask Dynasty."

The Lord-Captain waits momentarily, "We are responding to your distress call, but were attacked by pirates only moments ago. What is the status of your ship and crew?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Ardus listens intently and nods. THe Lord-Captain is doing the right thing, although it is not his place to comment on it. The Missionary was right to stay with Trask. The Emperor certainly watches over this crew.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm

The other ship replies. "We have been stranded for several months now. We have suffered losses, but those wounded have either entered the Emperor's realm or recovered slightly. The ship is inoperable. Praised be the Emperor if you could bring us to a spaceport."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Trask considers, "I unfortunately do not have the opportunity to haul you and your ship, captain. However, if you wish to join my crew for the time being, I would accept you in the name of the God-Emperor as a kindness, and return you to a spaceport at the first available opportunity." Trask thinks this might be a good way to gain back crewman that were lost in the fighting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Loryane turns the vox off and looks at the Captian, "Captain, we should be wary. It could be another trap, a Calixis Horse or sorts. If we let them on board without proper security checks, they could infect the ship like rats and ruin critical systems without ever having fired a shot." She is suspicious, always.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 am

The other ship replies: "The St. Drusus is, unfortunately, beyond repairs. We are around 3000 pilgrims on board and we will surely die if we are not rescued. In the God-Emperor's name, we ask for your help. Please take us on board. We are hard-working people."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Grim, is Ulamion coming back?
The Lord-Captain looks at Loryane, "Then it is your duty to keep them out of trouble. Have the medical crew ready for a huge influx of people. I want to keep them quarantined the best we can until they are proven not to be carrying anything." He pauses, the nods to Loryane to activate the vox again, "Captain, prepare your people for evacuation."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Ardus looks over at Trask, "Lord-Captain, I can oversee the Medicaes if you wish. There are some empty cargo holds thay can stay in and I'm sure there are foodstuffs in dry storage that can be spared. Or perhaps they can bring just food and essentials with them?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Trask nods to Ardus, "I leave it to you, then. Oversee everything, the medicaes, bringing over provisions ..." The Lord-Captain looks to the Missionary and obviously expects him to take care of this task.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Loryane nods to Ardus, "I'll be busy making sure none of these people are heretics, or spys. If you find firearms on any of them report them to me. No one gets on this ship without a detailed security search. I want as many official documents on these people as possible." She points at one of the bridge guard, "Tripple the Bridge Guard, and guards in all critical locations until these refugees are secure. Place all inactive guards on active duty, and for St.Drusus sake clean yourself up, your hair looks terrible." She shouts a few more orders and then goes to oversee personally the security issues for taking on 3000 people into the Saber.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring