Part One: Port Wander

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: After the victory

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:06 am

"Of course, Lord-Captain." Ardus hurries off overseeing the Medicaes and the influx of refugees. He leaves Mistress Lorayne's ratings and guards to seach the folks coming in and inspect parcels. The Missionary, with Nathin's help, sees to the provisions being sent over and stored with the pilgrims. If they can eat and use their own goods for now, then the hit to Trask's coffers will be lessened that much more.

Ardus keeps an eye out at all times for people hiding their faces or acting oddly. This ship is his home and he will see no wrong doing on it...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Pilgrim's Progress

Post by Grimbold » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 pm

"Thank you, the Emperor bless you. We need you to pick us up in lighters. We have non operational."

Lighters leave the docking bays of the Sabre and head for the pilgrim ship. They return with a part of the refugees and then continue shuttling the pilgrims to the Sabre. It should take a few hours until all of them are on Trask's ship. Lorayne's staff do a search of them when they arrive, most are unarmed, but some (especially the former crewmembers and security staff) have stub pistols or autopistols. Nothing speciel though and no explosives. The weapons are confiscated to be given back later. The refugees are brought to several of the empty holds where they set up a makeshift camp. Then a medicae team arrives with Ardus and they start checking up on the pilgrims. A first quick check shows most are healthy, some are undernourished or have some kind of injury, like broken arms or burns. At first glance, none have any noteworthy diseases. A thorough check of all of the newcomers would take weeks though, and Trask hopes to be in Footfall by then.

After 6 hours, the refugees are stowed away and the Sabre is ready for more. The next stopping point is Footfall, also to bring the Mapmaker's crates to their destination.
Ulamion said he might not be coming back, but I am still waiting for his confirmation before I look for another player...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Pilgrim's Progress

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Ardus reports back on the refugees process. "All is well with the pilgrims, Lord-Captain. Medicae staff have them quarentines, per your orders, and are giving them a cursory phsyicals. Is there anything else you wish from the ship? Any salvage or otherwise you wish to claim before I have the lighters dock?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Stroking his van dyke, Trask looks out into space at the derelict ship. "Send over the tech-priests, strip anything of value, and make sure they understand they are to do so quickly." He cracks a smile, "Surely, the God-Emperor would wish to have a reward for saving these pilgrim's lives."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 am

Even while the pilgrims are being shipped in, Traks sends out groups of Tech-priests with the lighters. They start scavenging everything that might be of worth.
Eventually, they return with some shuttleloads full of various smallish ship parts and other arcane technology. Roughly eight hours after the first pilgrims arrive on the Sabre, the Magus Konstantin Black sends a message to the bridge: "Lord-Captain, sir: We have taken everything we could in the time we had. Anything else would take days. Your orders sir?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:02 pm

"Prepare for departure."

Trask looks to Loryane, "Wake the Navigator, prepare for Footfall."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Loryane salutes the captain, "Aye captain. My units are still sweeping the refugees for insurgents, but so far nothing more dangerous has been found than a few autopistols." She heads to the door again, "I'll have Alex up and ready shortly." She then leaves to wake the navigator to get things underway.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Aleksander is wakened. And with eight hours of sleep under his belt, and a long, hot shower behind him, he's a new man. He enters the bridge through his private entrance into the Navigator's well, and climbs up out of it to the main bridge.

"I'm rested and ready for the next jump," he says, looking up at Trask.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Ardus smiles and claps Nathin on the back, "Off to adventure once more, my friend! Let's see what this net jump brings us."

As added protection to himself and the crew, Ardus recites a few benedictions and prayers for a safe departure and trip through the Immaterium.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:08 pm

After a half an hour back in the navigator's well, Aleksander returns to the main bridge. "I estimate approximately eight days of transit if all goes well," he reports to the captain. "I'm ready to enter the Warp at your orders, sir."