Part One: Port Wander

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Unyielding

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

As soon as the danger has passed, Aleksander climbs up to the main bridge to report to the captain. "My most sincere apologies, sir," he says with a bowed head. "Coming out of the Warp is a tricky thing that's done almost blind. That's why we try and come out far from shipping lanes. Unfortunately my targeting was slightly incorrect this time. The error was mine. I regret the danger I placed the ship in."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Loryane holds tight as The Sabre banks hard starboard to avoid the cruiser. "Close!" She begins to do a cogitator search in the ships computer systems to see what information she can dig up on the Unyielding Power of the God-Emperor. What the Imperial Navy ship is doing here is going to give the Captain a good idea of the sitrep in this sector of space. As some auspex scans bring up the external readings on the curiser she smiles, "Now that is a ship, damn big."
What sort of info can I get on this Unyielding Power of the God-Emperor
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Trask waves off the Navigator's apology. The Lord-Captain will not chastise Alexander in the presence of others not within his command staff. He may very well later, but, for now he begins piloting the ship toward Footfall, "Signal our arrival," he tells Nathin, the captain really doesn't respond to Loryane's worry about the massive cruiser ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Ardus fetches the delegation and has them wait in a meeting room, as they would not be allowed on the bridge. When they are situated he returns to the Captain. "Lord-Captain, I have the delgation waiting your arrival. Elder Mason Togias is the spokeman for the pigrims." Ardus bows and steps to the side. He will accompany Trask to see the pilgrims when ready.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Furibundus

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:41 pm

The Sabre has now cleared the firece Warp storms and has succeeded in navigating the Koronus Passage, the Maw. No Rogue Trader in the Sector is regarded as a peer without having at least once passed into the expanse. Many a ship disappears without a trace in the Warp storms and many are damaged or the sanity of the crew is severly reduced.

Trask and everyone on the bridge know that Aleksander Benetek has guided them through and it has been an amazingly safe passage, but for the ending. Everyone knows that the Warp is treacherous and arriving in the right system is considered a success among voidfarers and navigators. Such mundane things as almost ramming a navy cruiser counts among the more insignificant dangers of travelling the Empyrean. Nonetheless, there is some tongue-in-cheek mock accusation between Trask and Aleksander. Both are relieved at having arrived at the Furibundus system.

Trask joins the pilgrims in the meeting room and nods to Elder Mason Togias to begin. The old pilgrim speaks: "We are thankful for rescuing us and most of us would leave the ship at Footfall to find other ways to further the God-Emperor's glory. But some, as a token of thanks to the Dynasty and having received signs from Him, are politely requesting the permission to found a monastery right here on the ship. We will be almost self sufficient, working for food and air, and we will spend most of our time praying and meditating. What do you say to our request?"
Donan is joining as Nathin Tsanthos. Wargie might join, if you agree (look at the OOC forum). Donan, can you please pm me your email address so I can permit you to view Nathin on Google Docs?

This chapter ends when you dock at Footfall. Everyone gets 500XP to spend right now. Update your sheets with your new skills and talents and (please) send me an email with what you have bought, so I can look for that specifically on the sheet. If you prefer, you can just send me your "purchases" and I will update the sheet - pm me if you want me to do it.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Furibundus

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:49 am

"Very well," Trask says simply, finding the request insignificant, but knows it might aid morale on the ship. "Speak to Ardus about your monastery, he will aid you in anything you need."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 am

Nathin pulls a face, frowning. "I'm sorry Sir, but I'm not sure there's a suitable place onboard the ship to place prayers to the Holy Emperor. I can take a check of the vessel and its rooms of course, but I fear we do not have the room for a monastery."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 am

Aleksander raises an eyebrow at Nathin's comment, but makes no response to the man. The Sabre was the size of a small town, nearly two kilometers long and almost a third of a kilometer wide. And it was as tall as a large skyscraper, with over twenty-five thousand crew living in it. Even considering that a large portion of the ship was machinery, there was plenty of space for a monastery.

He catches Lorayne's eye and nods his head slightly in Nathin's direction. It's clearly a question. Do you know what he has against a monastery onboard?

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Ardus puts a hand on Nathin's shoulder. "Don't worry, my friend. The Chapel is large enough to handle prayers when I hold masses for the masses." Ardus smiles at the small joke, then continues. "Lord-Captain, we will find an unused storage room, adjacent to the Chapel to house the monestary. I for one am pleased to no end. The Emperor will bless this ship even more so, with his name constantly intoned in prayer. It will take some work to bring it up to spec, but I will help as much as possible. I will see that they have whatever is needed."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Lorayne gives back the same look to the Navigator. She shakes her head slightly to say she doesn't understand either. Then to Ardus she chimes in, "Any place they move, they are to be under guard until we know for certain they aren't some form of danger left behind by our enemies to inflitrate our ship. Captain, if you would allow it, I'd like to double their guard for the time being."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring