Part Two: The Righteous Path

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Into the Warp

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 am

"Praises to the Golden Throne. His light protects us...", Ardus says softly. "I wonder how long the trip will take with the ship being under powered."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

knight13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by knight13 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 am

Nathin breathes a sigh of relief as he relaxes in the command throne. After only short break, he gets back to writing reports and documentation concerning the transfer of command and the ownership of the ship.

Some time later, he comments to no one in particular, "We shall need a new name for the ship. I wonder if Tibur has a name in mind...." Nathin returns to his writing.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:17 pm

The Fell Hand enters the Warp for what Aleksander has roughly predicted will be a week-long trip. It's by no means guaranteed, he has noted. For one thing, getting a good fix on the Astronomican is a chancy thing out here. More than a few trips get delayed because that beacon of the Warp is obscured.

The trip is relatively quiet. No apparitions appear on the ship, nor does anyone suffer from any personal distress. But about twelve hours into the Warp, the ship's sensors detect some phantom ships that seem to appear and vanish randomly. Wise captains tend to ignore such things as being far too dangerous to investigate, though rumors say that if they are real, a vessel lost in the warp can still hold valuable cargo.

Then, only forty-three hours from departure, the entry alarms go off on the bridge. Whether because of the Runecaster or because of his own great skill, Aleksander has caused the ship to reach it's destination in roughly a quarter of the estimated travel time. But there is a sllight shaking of the Fell Hand as it exists the Warp. This, the Navigator reports to the captain, was the Warp engines finally giving out. Thankfully, auspex sensors show that the ship has arrived in the proper system - a bit farther out than would be optimal, but an hour of in-system travel time will fix that. It is now time for the newest ship in the Trask dynasty to go into spacedock for extensive repairs.
THIS IS FROM GRIMBOLD:

Navigation rolls:

Estimated time of travel: Navigation(Warp) roll: 46 vs. 74 (54+20Runecaster):
7 days.

Locating the Astronomican:
Perception roll (-20 as you are very, very far in the Expanse): 31 vs 39 success.

Charting the course: 01 vs 84. very nice.

Steering the vessel: 91 vs 74
Reroll: 10 vs 74, 6 DOS. Arrive in a quarter of the time set - lets say 2 days.

Encounters in the Warp: One Encounter.
Rolled 12+20=32
Ghost Ships: The ship's sensors detect phantom ships that appear and vanish randomly. Wise captains ignore such things, though if they are real, a vessel lost in the warp can still hold valuable cargo.

Leaving the Warp: 78 vs 54. Right system, just a bit off course. You appear in the system just a bit outside of the normal jump point and will need one additional hour to reach the system.

You also realize that now the warp drives have gone bust and need extensive repairs.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:39 am

Ok, this is the end of the chapter. I will lock it and we can move on to new adventures here:
http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... tml#203789