Part Two: The Righteous Path

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: On the Fell Hand

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Ardus makes it a point helping Mistress Lorayne go through the prisoners and see what souls can be saved. The strong smell of incense swirls around them as he recites benedictions and sends those unworthy of the Throne's light off to the damnation with the Arch-Militant...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

"As soon as both ships are ready," Trask says, waiting for Nathin's final report as to the ship's readiness to take to the Warp.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

knight13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by knight13 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 am

After assisting Melvust in returning the supplementary enginarium to working order, Nathin compiles his reports and gives them to the captain.
PM sent your way, captain.
"Sir, there is also the Righteous Path. Would you like to leave a claim beacon with it until we can return?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Everyone joins Trask in the main meeting room on the Sabre. Reports have come in and everyone is ready to share what they have found out.
watch out for pms.

Oh, and you can do a bit of looting on the Fell Hand - you might find some interesting equipment there. Everyone can make one acquisition roll with Profit Factor 50. Just pm me what you are looking for and its rarity (and how many) and I will roll for you.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Lorayne sits at the conference table, looks around at the rest of the command staff and says, “Sweeps by our armsmen found storage bays in the Fell Hand that had been shielded from, and were thus invisible to our sensors. The bays were empty when we found them. These shadowblind bays would be excellent for transporting material we didn't want found. I'll leave it to the group to decide how to use them.” Lorayne looks down at her data slate and then back up at Trask.

“I would also like to discuss what we want to do with The Righteous Path. I believe that we have only scratched the surface of what the ship has to offer us and I worry that by leaving it here even with a beacon,” she nods briefly to Nathin, “that we will lose our claim and potentially some of the treasures we came here for.”

“My suggestion is that we mount a strong expedition to The Righteous Path and strip what we can from her for the glory and enrichment of the Trask Dynasty before we leave the system for the Breaking Yards.”

Lorayne settles back in her chair and waits.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

"I'm confused," Aleksander says. "I thought the Fell Hand was repaired sufficiently to get it to the Breaking Yards at SR-651 for more serious repairs. Wasn't that why the Captain hired on its old Navigator? I had thought we were taking the Fell Hand with us when we go.
Wasn't that the plan?

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

"We also need to discuss the lack of personnel. We are short and everyone is pulling a double shift to keep up. We'll need to hold a "recruitment drive" when we find a sufficient pool of candidates...", Adrus says in his report to the others.
I just want to make sure, we aren't playing out "new" characters we rolled up yet, are we? If we are, then sweet! I'll get the Aquisition Roll thing to you asap, Grim.

If not, then why waste a roll on a character that's going to be gone soon?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 pm

I seem to have missed the plan. I apologize. I will try to back away from this in play
Lorayne has spent too much time dealing with the traitors on the Fell Hand and realizes that she is a bit behind on what the planned next steps should be.

"I will go where my lord wills it," she says. "I did not mean to speak out of turn."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Trask considers, "I do not like sitting out here in the void with half of a ship and half of a crew. We need to hire on new people and have the Fell Hand repaired in full." He looks to Nathin, "Will we have problems appropriating the new ship to our armada legally?" The Lord-Captain wants to know what problems they might have with the authorities at port.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:40 am

"Lord Captain" Melvust reports. "In the last days we have repaired as much as we could with the equipement we had at our disposal. We have a second bridge that we can use for now and the plasma engines are operational, although at a fraction of their nominal power. The gellar fields are as well operational, but they might break down after a week of travelling in the Warp which also applies to the hull. At least the void shields are up and running.

The whole ship needs extensive repairs before it becomes fully operational again.

Regarding the additional enginarium we have a little problem to deal with. The machines seems to work fine but the main cogitator demands some sort of a password to be operational. I've tried any Mechanicus Codes I'm aware of but non has worked so far. Please forgive my incompetence."

Melvust is ashamed that he was not able to have the second enginarium operational.