Part Two: The Righteous Path

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: On the Fell Hand

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Nathin comes in about fifteen minutes later than the others. He mumbles something about having checked some legal stuff and sits down.

knight13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by knight13 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:36 pm

"The Fell Hand, as legal property of the Fell Dynasty, would return to their house, even after such an-" Nathin coughs, "-unprovoked attack. This would occur unless an offended party filed report 401.b.9 within a certain set of hours of the attack, and then followed it up no less than three weeks later with no less than seven Y9-Alpha Class evidence examples, which, with no witnesses, would take us at least those three weeks to acquire. Then, we'd have to fly back to Scintilla probably as that has the closest court that deals with trading houses, just to file for a subpoena to get a representative of the Fell Dynasty to attend our court date. Thirdly, we'd fly back to Port Wander for said court date, where the judge would hear our opening statements and set another court date, probably for three to five months down the road considering the current ammount of cases. Finally, we'd have to win that case, using what minimal evidence we have, while the Fell representative would cite a lack of counter evidence due to us destroying it."

Nathin takes a deep breath and says the next line very quickly.

"Or we could forge new documents for the ship."

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 pm

"Probably how Fell came by the ship in the first place," snorts Lorayne.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 am

Ardus smiles at Nathin's suggestion. "I could look the other way concerning a suggestion like that. Seems that if Lord-Captain Trask took ownership, maybe the ship could be used further out, where it wouldn't be so readily noticeable."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:40 am

"It would be difficult for Fell to discover the ship if it stayed in the Koronus Expanse," Aleksander observes. "And by the time their representatives did discover it, why it might look nothing like the Fell Hand. I understand Rogue Traders often make personal modifications to their ships."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Melvust's Dataslate beeps, and he reads the incoming message.

The Lord-Captain has not said much and just listened to his crew's suggestions. Now it seems, he has reached a decision...

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:01 pm

"Lord Captian, I've got news from my technicians. Apparently one of my suggested Mechanical Codes was correct, it was simply entered incorrectly by the engineer in task. The additional enginarium is fully operational now!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 pm

"The Righteous Path still has treasures to plunder," Trask says, drinking his fine wine and looking over his crew. "Our Destiny has just gotten much stronger, and I hate to be parted from you." He actually frowns at that, showing some emotion, "But, this is the way of things. I have offered the command of our new ship to my brother Tibur." Some know him, similar to Sarvus in many ways, though perhaps more brash and certainly not as experienced. "I will stay aboard the Sabre. I offer a chance to stay or to serve under Tibur on our new, soon to be named ship, the choice is yours."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 am

In character I can't see Lorayne leaving Sarvus except by order.
Lorayne looks around the room. Are there faces here she is seeing for the last time? She looks back at Trask hoping for some clue as to his intentions. She is a warrior and will go where told whether she likes it or not.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Sarvus waits for the others to speak. He knows his brother will need a good bodyguard as well as an experienced crew.
We need all the players to join the Fell Hand, unless you want to split up and play in separate threads... The Main Story will continue on the Fell Hand now.

Nathin, Trask: I still need your background stories.

I have received some acquisition requests, I will wait a bit and then roll them for Loot on the Fell Hand. You need to tell me before we go into the Warp, because by then, the rest of the crew will have aquired everything interesting. Note that Ardus has already found a sword (for trask) (but can make an acq roll for himself. The equipment will of course stay with you in the coming chapter.