Part Two: The Righteous Path

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: On the Fell Hand

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 pm

In the process of looking up something nice for the Aquisition Roll, Grim...
Ardus stands, his all white eyes scanning the room and the other. As he tilts his head, you all can see the pages of Imperial Creed tatooed across his scalp. He nods to Trask, "Lord-Captain, let me be the first to thank you for your hospitality and kindness. The Trask Dyanasty has been more than a family to me. The are the ones that gave me freedom. Let me repay this to you by watching over your brother and seeing that the word of the Throne is spead even further in the reaches of the void. My time is done on the Sabre, but will always continue with your Dynasty, Lord-Captain."

The pale missionary puts a hand over his heart and nods deeply to Trask, taking his seat and adjusting his swept chainsword as he sits.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:19 am

Trask knows how Lorayne is, they've traveled together for years and years now. She's never let him down. And yet, she's always into his business, like some nagging old lady. She's a perfect fit for young Tibur. "Lorayne, I know you perhaps do not wish to leave," he says, "But Tibur is young, and rash, as I once was. I do not want to see my only brother dead. I want you to take care of him and our new ship."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 am

"If the Fell Hand is going to remain in the Koronus Expanse," Aleksander says, "then I should like to go aboard her. You've been an excellent Lord-Captain to work under, but my heart is currently in the Expanse." He cracks a rare smile. "Besides, I suspect that you are more able than your brother to keep a close watch on House Trask's newest Navigator until he's settled in a bit more."
I intend to keep Aleksander in the continuation of the game.

knight13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by knight13 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:54 am

Nathin is typing in the transfer orders up as each member of the command crew speaks up. As eyes fall on him and Melvust, he decides it's time to make his own intentions known.

"Lord-Captain Trask, you have been a wise leader and a good friend, but I fear it is time for me to move on as well. The secrets of the stars await, and I have been called upon to tell their tales. Until we meet again, Tiber, in this life or the next."

Nathin steps forward and grasps the captain's forearm, pulling him into a one-armed hug. With that, he steps back and write up his own transfer order.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Everyone now is starring at Melvust, the last one to decide. But for him the choice is quite obvious.
"Lord-Captian, as we all know the condition of the Fell Hand is very delicate. The ship needs a skilled Magos and therefore I would like to take care of it to present it in the best possible shape to your brother."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:37 pm

It is decided then, Ardus Helum, Lorayne Thornhallow, Melvust Malorian, Nathin Tsanthos and Aleksander Benetek will leave Sarvus Trask and form the senior crew on the Fell Hand. Before the last good-byes are said, Trask must name one member of the crew Captain (until Tibur arrives). The Captain's task will be to make the journey to SR-651 and get the repairs done there.
We just need a captain for the short journey - just appoint someone please. As soon as we have one, Aleksander can take the ship into the warp.

Fell Hand Note: As stated, most components (except the main bridge) are operational for the time being, albeit at a lower power level than normal.
Crew: 30/100
Morale: 30/100
Hull structure: 2/33
So you should not get into a starship battle, bad idea.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Lorayne looks sadly at Sarvus for a moment and then pulls herself together. She rises salutes the Captain and then heads for her quarters to see to the transfer of her gear to the Fell Hand.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:08 pm

"Nathin will take over temporary command until you reach the station," Trask says, "With the shape the Fell Hand is in, commit to no engagements, none, flee, run if you have to. Your lives are worth more than some pitiful honorific battle you have no hope of winning."

knight13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by knight13 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Nathin claps his right fist to his chest and bows his head. "I shall serve the dynasty to the utmost of my abilities, mylord."

Two more orders are written; transfer for Melvust and command change to himself. Nathin steps up to the captain and offers the data-slate for signatures one last time.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 pm

"The important thing, Nathin, is to make sure we can disguise the ship once repairs have started. I want it to be legal. I leave that in your hands." Trask rolls his shoulders, "Make sure you hire good men, honorable, fearless, and tough. That is the way of the Trask Dynasty." Sarvus Trask knows the Fell Hand will need a good crew. "Fire or dispose of any already on the Fell Hand that give you trouble."