Part Three: Illicit Earnings

In Rogue Trader, you can explore the universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Vast fortunes await on the edges of the galaxy, if you and your fellow Explorers can muster the courage to find and claim them. Renown and riches reward the bold, but the unwary find only anonymous deaths. A Rogue Trader who can wrest profits from a dangerous universe through luck, cunning, or sheer force of will enjoys something few humans in the 41st Millennium even know '€" a life of adventure and true freedom.Run by the Rogue Trader Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Pilarius - your contact

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm

"Oh thank the Throne, that you came here to save me. This scum wanted the information I had for you, and they wanted to ambush you also. I did not say anything. Can you bring me to your ship? I think I need a medicae station. I will tell you everything on the way."

Obviously, Pilarius wants to get out of here and for now, he is not interested in the money you brought.

Your limo is still waiting outside.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 am

I was just waiting/wondering. Is this only MWD and me anymore?
I mean we lost hitcat and with that Lorayne...
"Yes we can take you to my ship but Mistress Lorayne will make sure you are no threat," Trask says. It seems obvious to him that this is the man they're looking for but he's still careful about it.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 am

I'm still here, though I'm a little hazy about what's going on, it's been so long.

Perhaps a "when last we left our intrepid heroes" recap might be in order.
Aleksander pays little attention to Pilarius, keeping his small hellpistol out and ready for additional trouble. "It might be best if we held this conversation on the ship," he suggests to Trask.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Ok, thc is gone and so Lorayne is NPC at the moment. At the moment Haya is Captain Trask, MWD is Ardus and Trog is Aleksander. I hope we can find one more to have a bigger team.

Background: You are on Footfall, a semi-lawless space-settlement at the entrance of the Koronus Expanse. The Liege of Footfall is nominally the ruler. You took part in a banquet last night (with some dangerous food). And you have heard that the Seven Witches of Footfall, powerful psykers, are holding a foretelling soon, where they will reveal the location of the famed lost treasure planet "The Dread Pearl". Tickets to the foretelling are going to be auctioned tonight by some organisation called the Intercessors in a place called the Obsidian Emporial. You know that if the Seven Witches are involved, mere money is not going to do the trick. You agreed to meet a contact who claims to have more info on the Intercessors right here, and Pilarius is your contact.

At the banquet there were several other Rogue Traders, who are probably going to bid for a place at the foretelling. (There is a list of the other RTs with pictures in the OOC section. You have already talked to some of them at the banquet (Lady Sun Lee, Admiral Bastille VII, Lady Charlabelle Maghellan and you also saw someone from your old rival house, Braddock Fel. Look for them here

Before that: You captured Hadarak Fel's Ship and made it your own, you discovered the resource rich planet Avalon and want to get the resources (plants, artifacts...) out. And you met some unfriendly eldar.
More to come...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 am

Ardus finishes his medical treatment, then proceeds to clean out his chainsword as best he can. "If any other mutants or abominations dare to stand in our way, they will be hewn down and cast into the fire." He looks more excited about that prospect than worried. "Come, let us depart."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Information and Decisions

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:37 pm

You all get into the limo again and the driver gets it going towards your ship. Lorayne also gets in but seems very quiet. Perhaps she is unhappy that the surpressing fire made her back away.
So today you also need to figure out the following: If you want to go treasure hunting with your ship the Black Griffon, will you take your second ship, the Sabre, with you, or give it a different task (and a new Captain, e.g. Lorayne). If you take the Sabre with you, you will more than likely abandon the men you left on the planet Avalon who are waiting for supplies and equipment to be able to make profit from Avalon's resources. You could well send Lorayne to deal with that on the Sabre.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, you also might want to meet Lady Floriana Winterscale privatly (she was keen on Tiber Trask) or meet Lady Sun Lee on her ship (for business, not pleasure).

Anyway, you need to get the info from your contact Pilarius and then decide on further action. I will just fast forward to get you going.
Then Pilarius talks: "Ok, I will give you the info for free, just get me out of here and into medicae care. I head these goons talk, some Rogue Trader called Krawkin Feckward sent them to get the info out of me and to ambush you. Where they got the hint that you would be coming here I do not know. Anyway, I know more about the Auction. It will take place tonight and start at 21h00, at the start of the night cycle. Everyone can place one bid and the intercessors will decide if the bid is acceptable or not. Bidders that are not accepted will be forced to leave instantly. The first ten bids that are accepted win the ticket to the foretelling. The auction will take place in the Obsidian Emporial, which is right here." He points to a place on the map on his dataslate. "You will need to make a convincing bid before ten others do. That is what I can tell you."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Information and Decisions

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 am

Yeah, I'd send Lorayne with the Saber to Avalon.
"Thank you for the information," Trask says to Pilarius and is ready to discuss matters with his crew. Taking note of how much time they have before the auction starts. "Well, it seems this helps us some but we should have our bid ready to present not too long after the auction starts."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:02 am

"Aye. Such valuable information would be priceless. To have it fall upon ears less worthy than our own would be a crime." The missionary has strapped back on his chainsword, no longer waving it around and revving it like a madman.
Thanks for the general GM-Update on our campaign. So Pilarius was supposed to give us enough information on the Intercessors to get into the Auction. We know time/location, but what can we do to get enough favors/artifacts/cash to get in? Is that what the negotiations with Lady Winterscale / Lady Lee / others are about?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Soon you reach the Black Griffon and Trask orders his Seneshal to make arrangements to send the equipment you bought (and are going to buy) for Avalan to the Sabre and have Lorayne (one person Trask knows he can trust) be the new captain of the Sabre.

A thousand crew begin shipping the provisions and equipment to the Sabre while even more are still repairing the damage the ship suffered from the Eldar barrage.

You remember that Floriana Winterscale was keen on Tiber Trask personally and wanted to meet "in a more private environment" - Throne knows what she wants to do with Tiber at this "rendez-vous" - up to now, no date and time has been set.

Lady Sun Lee is from a wealthy and powerful dynasty and she seemed friendly at the banquet, inviting Trask to have a look at her ship, the Nihontu.

Anyway, it seems there will be ten people present at the foretelling (those who win the bids) and they will be racing / fighting to get to the Dread Pearl's treasures first. Perhaps forging alliances before the foretelling might be a good idea.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 pm

"Ok, Nathin, get me a meeting with Floriana Winterscale, on my ship and in my personal quarters. I have private matters to discuss with her." Trask says.

"Certainly, my Lord." The seneshal goes to work instantly and sends a messenger to Floriana's ship.
Does anyone else want to do anything, else we can forward you to the auction as soon as we finish the meeting with Floriana.

Is everyone still here?