LotV OOC - How we play

This is the OOC forum for the Rogue Trader game Lure of the Void.
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: LotV OOC - How we play

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:19 pm

I enjoyed the character I had and I thought the plot was good. For me I think the problem was dropping down to three players and then being hit with the summer holiday.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Sorry to see another 40K go. I know I was in this for a while at the start. Its always hard when players leave, and when you have long gaps of activity. How far did you guys get? Curious what the over all plot ended up being after I left.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, the Trask Dynasty discovered and claimed a resource rich planet Avalon (with Eldar ruins).
Then they went to Footfall to take part in an auction to bid for a place in a foretelling (where the seven witches of Footfall will reveal the location of a treasure planet).

Meanwhile Sarvus Trask had been killed and his brother, Tiber Trask inherited the Warrant. And Lorayne (having been played by a total of three players) became Captain of the Sabre and is off to look after the colony on Avalon.

We just stopped when the auction began. If we can find enough players I am happy to resume, but with about three or four posts per week it was bound to end.

Anyway, if interested, join my Arabyan nights game (Warhammer FRP) or I might be starting something new soon.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:48 pm

I might be up for an Only War game, since I have no 40K guys right now, or a Deathwatch game. Rogue Trader isn't my favorite of the options, but I'll watch to see if you start something else.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:11 pm

My two cents for this game, when I played, for what its worth (nothing) is that the long delays in posting by the GM and other players basically made it tough to play. Personally, if I take long breaks from games, I lose interest. I need to be engaged in a game semi-regularly.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Ok, thanks everyone for playing, I thought it was a lot of fun, but I think it will not work with only three players left.

Perhaps, I will someday revive it and we'll see who wants to play then.

So please, put this into the Graveyard.

Now I'll have to think of another game to gm.