FYI

This will serve as a holding area for vacation requests that have no end. After a few weeks of unending vacation, the admins will move an absence thread here.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

FYI

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:56 pm

I've been absent due to some rather major family issues. Niece of mine isn't doing very well and is having a feeding tube and colostomy bag installed via surgeries. I am helping out there etc. Will hopefully know something more stable by tomorrow after the first surgery. Not a cool time for the family I fear. Will keep you posted accordingly.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

FYI

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:02 pm

Sorry to hear that Wulf.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

FYI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Yeah, sorry to hear it. Hope things improve.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

FYI

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Jesus, mate, I'm very sorry to hear it. Hope and best wishes to your niece!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

FYI

Post by Bo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 pm

You and your niece will be in my family's thoughts. Can't imagine what her parents are going through...
~Bo~

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

FYI

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Sorry about your niece. I hope she bounces back from whatever ails her.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

FYI

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:10 pm

That sounds rough. I wish you and your niece good luck.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: FYI

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks for the kind words and regards. I'll extend them to my niece and sister. It's beyond rough for everyone involved but we try to help alleviate the chaos as best one can. I don't have much else to say about the matter since it's all still pretty much up in the air about wtf is going on next. Something I loathe.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Feeding tube surgery completed. Poor girl is so weak-looking. My heart is all fkd up. Colostomy bag surgery is next on their agenda, but only done when she's able to undergo it. We're all at a loss.

For those ignorant of the situation. I have two twinned nieces (Emily and Shelby) who were born borderline terminal premature 19 years ago. Both have had to deal with cranial shunts and varying degrees of cerebral palsy. Emily is the worse of the two, her brilliant loving mind trapped in a broken body. She has been beyond angelic in her time here on earth and the doctors' prognosis only infuriates me as a human being.

I don't want anybody's pity or ah that's so sad comments, but could use a smelly man hug or two as this crap is torturing us. I helped raise those kids over the years and this simply sucks...to put it VERY lightly. I'm a big guy who can crush a man's body with little effort but damned if I don't feel like some kind of pathetic wuss when it comes to dealing with this all.

I'm trying to be strong for the lil lady but family has an odd way of coping with it all and they turn on one another at times and I'm stuck playing middleman for the anguished parties if that makes any sense. It's been a ridiculous roller-coaster of emotions and I just want it to stop!

Sorry for venting, but wanted to let you know what's going on. I'm doing what I can when I can and do enjoy having this site as a brain-drain venting device, but if you see me poof for a spell or two just know why. I'm busy slaying real life dragons!

Much luv dorks...
Wulf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Just remember you can't fix everything. You do what you can to help and that's all that you can do. And sometimes the best thing you can do is to take some time for yourself--if you're not taking care of yourself, you can't take care of others.

Or anyway, that's what I've found to be the case in my experience.