So Sorry I Must Go

This will serve as a holding area for vacation requests that have no end. After a few weeks of unending vacation, the admins will move an absence thread here.
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

So Sorry I Must Go

Post by Bo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:40 am

Unfortunately this has been too long in coming. I apologize. It's my fault because I love this site so much that writing this kind of post.... well .. it gets delayed, and delayed, and delayed... ;)

But fact of the matter is right now my life is in a place where I can't give priority to gaming on this site. I won't cop out and say "I don't have time." That's crazy.. just like the out-of-shape person who says they "don't have time to exercise" when they watch TV for 3 hours/day. I do have time. It's just that I have a son and wife and now am growing my career in rewarding ways. When I have a free moment I sometimes don't feel like posting .. and that's no good for my players.

Sorry Star Wars games. Going to have to let ya go. Love me some Prelude to Hope and SW:Inception, but it's going to have end (or probably already did, according to Tet and the graveyard!).

I'll be on as a "social member" and do hope to keep real-time games going.. just not PbP. (It's easier for me to schedule a night/month to drink beer and roll dice than an hour a day making maps and running PbP combat)

Again, I love this site and the friendships I've made, but can't commit on a daily basis to play any more.
My deepest apologies to players I've left hanging.

Bo

P.S. If I try to come back and GM a game, please do an intervention on me. It's happened before. Only way I can come back is if I'm no longer in the Emergency Department!

P.P.S. So say... "Bo.. Are you still in the ED? If I say "Yes" - say "Bo. You can't GM or play in games." If I say, "No... I'm fucking out of that place. I work from home and play with my son all day.." .. Then you can say, "Bo.. We're Home!"
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

So Sorry I Must Go

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:48 am

A serious bummer, of course, but I understand.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

So Sorry I Must Go

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 am

I understand as well. I sincerely wish you well in all your endeavors and greatly appreciate having spoken and played some live sessions with you.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: So Sorry I Must Go

Post by TetNak » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:57 am

Hermit wrote:I understand as well. I sincerely wish you well in all your endeavors and greatly appreciate having spoken and played some live sessions with you.
I do believe we're planning on continuing the live game.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:13 am

Well... sad to hear it man, but I absolutely understand. Good luck and if you try to GM, I sadly won't be able to intervene because I'm a total addict to this place myself. :-D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Not shocked, but still sad. Amaris works in the ED so we know how that goes. Maybe you'll return to play in a game some time, much less effort involved in that, only 15 mins every few days. Stay classy Bo! See you around.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 am

Easier to BS and chat than keep up in plots and combat!!!
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 am

Take care, Bo. Hope to see you lurking every now and then.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm

It was very good while lasted. Just don't forget about us.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:29 pm

As V said, I'm not surprised, but still saddened. I would really have enjoyed getting a chance to finish Prelude to Hope, but it was a fun ride while it lasted. Best of luck with your off-line endeavors and I look forward to having you turn up occasionally in a social capacity.