Book 3: Act 1 - The Stuff of Legends

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Lamashan 8 (Autumn): Willas Gundarson's House

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:06 am

"We should try to contact them peacefully," Nimiriel suggests. "Finish here, and then return home to heal our hurts. Learn what else we can of them, and then go to them with open hands. They may not be responsible for this, but they are our best lead, I think."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Clearing out the house and taking the notes the group has a bit of good luck. Your blind companion's eye sight starts to return. Its not much yet, just color and light, but that gives you hope that waiting it out might just be enough to cure the problem (with some time and healing spells).

You have, for the most part, cleared out the town save for the large fort on the rise of the hill ahead. Any real answers you might find are going to be there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:48 am

Looking at his new companions, Arenhal remembers when Caledonia only extended as far as his bow and Cal's voice could reach. Here he stands in another settlement, a reminder of what could have happened if they had not been careful.
Another look at the new allies, and a thought that he should review the files on them both, and update them with what he's learned.
"Only one more place to look, and I get the feeling we won't like the answers," one last look at the abandoned town, "Everyone ready for this?"
Sad to see this game go, I was really enjoying being back in the shadowy form of Arenhal, but life comes first
Thanks, V, for the opportunity
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:01 am

The aasimar is starting to at least get fuzzy details by sight, so can at least walk without stumbling every second step, and just needs a single hand on someone to travel at a reasonable rate. "Um, not really, no. I don't think anyone is ever ready for messed up discoveries like this, but we're here, and we've got to deal with it. So let's get it over with. Up to the Fort, to see if there's anything new to learn."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:06 pm

The group, shadows a head and behind, stride up the hill....

So we will stop this game here. Maybe if life changes we can recover it, but more and more its harder and harder for me to play. I'm sorry all, its been a hell of a ride. This game is over 10 years old.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring