Book 1: Act 1 - Oleg's Tradepost

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Wanted: Falgrim Sneeg

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Garess almost laughts at Arenhal, "Careful who you call a noble, someone might take offense at that." He thinks back to Sneeg, "He wasn't much of anything on the battlefield, hired on as extra muscle, worked well enough in a group. Honestly, mercenaries dont' generally have much use other than being a warm body to fill ranks. Can't recall if he was any good at anything but stealing."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Lem is a bit sad that Svetlana threw him out of the kitchen so quickly, afterall most halfling men learn to cook sooner or later. But he actually had more important matters to discuss but alas he listens to Garesses offer and doesn't really have anything to add or object to his proposal for now, confident he will recognize a Varisian when he sees one.
Big Pimpin...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Arenhal nods, and almost returns Garess' laugh. "Are we not mercenaries? Hired muscle to fix a problem?" He give a half second pause before continuing, "You want him alive? Maybe I will have to make a purchase then..."
Arenhal bought a sap. Sneaky nonlethal
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Kesten shakes his head at Arenhal, "Some how I doubt you are a simple mercenary. You have the look of a well diciplined fighter to me, not a just a warm body to fill the ranks of an army. Well." He rubs his hands together as if to get warm, "I should tend to the men, we need to get pack and ready to head out, and I'm sure you have things you can be doing. Good luck, and if you need messages or anything else relayed to Rostov or the like I'll be here and will be able to assist you, when I'm able. My men will hold down the fort as well, in case the Stag Lord or others try and give Oleg any more trouble. That should free you up nicely to work your charter."
I think we are all set. Any purchases should just be made OOCly at this point. You've collected 2 new quests, dealt with the bandits, and we've welcomed on Chanur and said good bye to Pyg (for now).

I'll start a new thread come monday. We are still in Chapter 1, but I think this is a good breaking point. If you want something else we can keep RPing here, while the next thread starts up, I won't lock this one down just yet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:36 pm

"Mercenaries?" Cal says with a grin. "Us? Never." He shakes his head and pats one of the pockets on his sash. "We're chartered explorers. It may not sound like much of a distinction. But this charter from the crown makes all the difference. It gives us a legitimacy that mercenaries could never have."
I agree. We're ready to go. All we have to do is figure out which hex to explore next!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

To Be Continued

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Kesten nods to Cal, "Right you are. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to get my men up to speed." He waves and heads off to talk to his men about tomorrow's trip.

The rest of the day sees the group splitting up, tending to personal needs, checking in on Tusker, talking to Jhod, Oleg, Kesten, Svetlana, Colban or any of the other people currently in the trade post.

Laundry is cleaned, items are sold and bought, and the enjoyment of a well earned rest is complimented with a few drinks, a nice fire, and good friends.
The day ends. New Act begins. I am closing this thread out.