Book 1: Act 1 - Oleg's Tradepost

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Family Matters

Post by Chanur » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Valen finishes up his plates and clears what is left of his mess and anyone else that has finished and hauls it back to the kitchen.

"Svetlana, you look like you could use a hand, where should I put these dishes, and can I help you?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm

"No hurry on the order," Cal replies. "And I should have enough on account to cover half the cost." He stretches his shoulders and heads for the door. "We'll keep our mineral discoveries under our hat for the present. Right now, though. we need to have a chat with Garess.
Head off to the meeting with Garess.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:25 am

Svetlana smiles, "Now now, this here is my job, and killing bandits and finding those Moonradishes, is your job. Thanks for clearing the table, but no man can do any good in the kitchen. Both of you scoot!" She shooes both Lem and Valen out of the kitchen with a friendly swat of her dish rag.

So the pair join Cal and Arhen as they head outside to fine Garess.

The quartet don't have to look far, Kesten Garess is standing at the outside tabling talking to his men. He's been going over the plan with them on taking the prisoners to Rostov in the morning along with all the other things that need to be delievered there. When the noble spys you coming out of the building he waves you over. "Well, hope your bellies are full, and that everything is alright. That little white haired friend of yours came out all upset and in a hurry. Didn't want to talk at all to me, headed right into the barracks." He points at the building just to your south. "If you have a moment, I would speak with you all about a matter?" When he sees you mean to sit with him he dismisses his men and takes a seat.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 am

"Our friend Tusker got some bad news from home," Cal explains as he takes a seat. "His sister passed away quite suddenly. He's going to need to head north to deal with some family matters. I was hoping he could travel with your men when they take the prisoners up north. It'd be safer for a ll concerned."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:02 am

"It would mean a great deal to us if he could accompany you. Our hearts are with him in this time of great sorrow."

Valen sits down, and gives his attention to Kesten.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Wanted: Falgrim Sneeg

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Kesten looks sympathetic to Tusker cause, "A shame. Of course he is welcome to travel with my men for as long as their paths are the same. It will help all concerned. My men will enjoy the extra man to keep the prisoners in line, and, Tusker can feel safe traveling with them." He puts the unhappy buisness behind him.

"I fear I have some other unpleasant requests of you. With my men heading north again with the prisoners I won't have the man power to take on a task I need completed, but perhaps you could help me out, since you'll be out there in the Greenbelt anyhow?" He can see you are atleast willing to listen to his request, so he continues. "A few months ago I was working a job and hired on a mercenary from Varisia by the name of Falgrim Sneeg. Turns out, as my luck would have it, Falgrim was little more than a thief and a bandit. He robbed my group and made off into the Greenbelt here, where I've heard he's turn to banditry. Whether he's part of this Stag Lords group or not, I don't know, but I hope to catch him alive and return him to Rostov for punishment. It seems to me this is something right along your talents." He glances over to where the prisoners are being watched already. "I can arrange for a fair reward, perhaps four high quality weapons of your choice, if Sneeg is brought in alive. Half that if you return him to me dead. Sound fair?" He holds his head out hoping for a shake from someone in the group if you agree.
When I say high quality, I mean Masterwork weapons
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Wanted: Falgrim Sneeg

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm

"I think I speak for all of us," Cal says, sparing a glance around the group, "when I say that we'll be happy to help." He holds out his hand to shake Kesten's. "As you say, we'll be in the Greenbelt anyway, searching for bandits, among other things. What's one more bandit?"

"Can you give us a description of him?" Cal adds. "And was there anything in particular that he's stolen that you want to get back, or is it just him for punishment?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:22 pm

"Excellent! Well Sneeg is a Varisian man, older, with greying hair and last I saw him he had an unruly beard. Always was rather calm in the face of violence. I wager anything he stole he's long since pawned. I want to see him brought to justice now, the gold and things he took are less important to me than seeing him stand trial and eventually the gallows."
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Varisia

If you check the world map in the Player's Guide II, you can see due west from our game area Varisia is on the coast. VERY far away.

Varisa is as far west from here as you can get, along the coast of the continent, and mostly a rural land. Varisian folks should stand out as foriegners to this area, making Sneeg easy to pick out.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:17 pm

"We will do our best to see him brought to justice. I have no tolerance for thievery."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Arenhal shrugs, "The reward seems good enough, and we can't have people stealing from such a noble warrior as yourself." There is contempt in the half-elf's voice, likely for the thievery. "You said you hired him on as a mercenary? What skills did he possess, weapon preferences, that sort of thing?"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo