Book 1: Act 1 - Oleg's Tradepost

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: New Arrivals at the Trade Post

Post by Chanur » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Clearly surprised by Lem's comments, Chanur reponds and appears thoughtful upon finishing his sentence.

"Bearslayer you are blessed indeed if that is true. That is a mighty weapon then! Most interesting."

Chanur starts to reach over to pass the butter to Tusker, but Oleg beats him to it.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 am

"Yes it even sparked a little flame when it hit. Some of the bears flesh was chared at the cut." Lem adds before taking a big sip of his mead. He then drops the topic seemingly unimpressed by his own prowess or simply so faithful in the dawnflowers power, and continues. "But fear not I have spoken many a prayer to Ol dead eye myself and he has guided many a shot of my bow!"
Totally forgot about my religous trait so thought I might bring it up now!
Big Pimpin...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 am

Arenhal watches as the others discuss their beliefs. Ale in hand, he leans back from his cleaned plate. "I suppose if the small folk trust you, we should bring you along, Valen. Whichever god provides in times of need is worth at least a prayer of thanks."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:18 am

Nodding appreciately at Arenhal.

"Arenhal I hope to be a good companion and better friend to you. I also can be a spiritual compass if you want it. I am not normally very preachy, I prefer to spread the word of The Elk Father through hard work and deeds."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm

"OH NO!"

Tusker shouts out completely paying no attention to the conversation at this point. He slumps forward, his forehead banging into the table so solidly you think he might have just been assassinated. Lifting his head a little you can see tears in his eyes. Then *BANG* he hits his head on the table again making all the flatware jump. *BANG* he pounds his head a third time and then leans back in his chair so far that he's looking right up at the ceiling, tears streaming form his eyes. "No no no...oh no no no."

The letter lays on the table, inviting a peek.
Anyone that takes a peek at the letter can discover the source of Tusker's dismay. The letter if from his family and at the end of it it mentions his sister, Goldie Slough-Finklebottom, died giving birth to her 9th child (a son Hamdinkle). A funeral is to be held soon in Brevoy.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Paying heed to the gnome, not the letter, Cal goes over and lays a hand on Tusker's shoulder. "I'm sorry," he says sympathetically. "Is there anything we can do to help?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Arenhal remains silent, curious but unwilling to ask what the matter is. If the gnome wishes to tell them, he will.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Tusker throws his hands into the air, "My sister! My sister's dead!" He grabs hold of Calanthir's sleaves and uses it like a tissue, blabbering and crying into it. "Oh my favorite sister!" He bangs a hand on the letter to let you know its okay to read it if you want. "She was so young! So young! Ah...." he deteriorates into babbling anb blathering of sobs and tears.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Lem has a peak at the letter and then again looks at his dear friend Tusker with very sad eyes. It griefs him to see his friend in pain, especially since he knows how much he loved his sister although he never had an opportunity to meet him he knows she must have been a wonderful person. The halfling stifles a tear of his own and whispers: "You have my sympathies my friend." Before rising and offering his small shoulder.
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:28 am

Feeling much empathy for his new found friend, Valen places a hand on his shoulder with his own eyes starting to mist a little.

"I am so sorry Tusker, but all is not lost, there is a new young life she has brought into the world."

Valen quietly says a prayer to the Elk Father to watch over young Hamdinkle and guide his mother into the after life.