Book 1: Act 1 - Oleg's Tradepost

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: New Arrivals at the Trade Post

Post by Chanur » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 am

"I am sorry to hear about your parents Cal. That is midly distressing about the priest of Erastil, but common I would think, most priests of The Elk Father tend to stay put so unless other communities were sought out they would not get a replacement. I am sorry you were left with out guidance. Jhod or myself would be happy to speak with you about anything should the desire arise. No pressure, I am not trying to be preachy Cal."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 am

The diminuitive Halfling merely introduces himself quickly as "Lem Bearslayer Lillywag" eager to see how his new nickname impresses. He then has more important things to do than get involved into the bigfolks talk, namely munching plenty of Svetlana's stew while the others are distracted at slowly getting into his ale.
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:18 am

Smiling at the halfling Valen responds.

"That is quite the title Bearslayer. It appears you must be small of stature but mighty of spirit! Pleased to meet you Lem."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Tusker, the little white haired gome, looks over at Lem, "If anyone can finish off a great bear in the service of Erastil, Lem here is your halfling." The little gnome continues stuffing his face, "I am a devout follower of Erastil myself, so we should get along just fine." The druid chomps down on a buscuit.

The group continues to talk about things for a bit longer until from across the hall you hear a shout from Oleg "I Found It!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Lem took out the bear that nearly killed me," Cal says between bites. "I have to admit, it's left me cautious about this bear temple." Then he smiles. "But how could I be really worried when we'll have Lem Bearslayer with us?"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Arenhal looks up at Oleg's voice. He's glad Cal allowed him to duck the question of religion, not because he isn't, but because he knows better than to get into an argument about philosophy with a cleric. Speaking slowly he adds praise to Lem, "The little fellow certainly struck a terrific blow at the end."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Lem merely smiles brightly at his companions praise while he continues to consume Svetlana's stew as if he were a bear himself. Between bites he can muster "It was a lucky blow admitedly, but it took only one blow with my grandfathers trusty scimitar. It must be magical somehow."
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:46 am

Valen's eyes widen slightly and seem to sparkle at Tuskers comments.

"Ah a wise man to choose The Elk Father! We shall get along famously brother.

Lem Bearslayer , I would say Ole Dead Eye blessed your journey. I will take that as a sign!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:47 pm

"By no means young faithful. Lem beams." Lem replies as he shakes his head drawing forth the exotic looking blade which struck the blow. "This sword is an inheritance from my grand father and supposedly it was of the dawnflower herself. It is her who guides my steps!" Lem replies with a bright beam.
"But say you as a wholy man of Ole dead eye must be well traveledd and read?"
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Tusker smiles at Valen, "I think we shall get along just fine!" The gnome then reaches for some butter for his rolls, but can't reach, "If you pass me the butter, that is Valen." A wink exits the gnome just as Oleg interrupts the exchanges. The tradepost owner stands in the doorway, letter in hand. "Here it is! I found it. Sorry for the delay Mr.Slough." He hands the letter over to Tusker and then pushes the butter closer for the white haired gnome as well..

"Thank you Oleg", comments Tusker taking the letter and the butter. He pops the envelope open and starts to read in silence.
I'm back so we can keep progressing, but the RP has been great so far! Keep it up.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring