Book 1: Act 2 - First Explore of the Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Desnus 20th, Year 4708, Oleg's Trade Post

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 am

After digging through Oleg's supplies Lem does not find much he has any use for currently but he makes sure to tell Oleg about the curious weapon he read about in his grandfathers notes and if he knows where such a thing could be found in Rostow.
Wanted to switch around Lem's equipment but I'll have to wait until the next level up
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:04 pm

** Jhod **

The Preist of Erastil hands the ax to Valen. "Of course. I find it meditative at time, perhaps you will as well. Valen, I believe that you apprenticeship with me is over. You are quite clearly coming into your own, Old Deadeye has blessed you with many talents and strong insight. From the stories you have told so far, I feel we are becoming peers. I only ask that you still seek out the temple for me, and complete my quest as Erastil has made it clear to me that it must pass this torch on and can not do it myself. Once finished, we shall truely no longer be master and apprentice, but equals."

** Kesten **
"Right, you sure you want me spreading rumors about gold mines and the like around Rostov? Seems you might end up with more trouble than its worth to you. I can have my men drop a report of whatever you like with those you like however, don't let someone like me diswade you from your goals." Cal and Kesten then hash out any final reports that need to head to the Swordlords.

** Oleg **

Lem heads into the store first and eventually finds Cal joining him. The two then work out a deal to sell all the extra gear they found among the kobolds, mites, and bandits to Oleg and in turn pick up some supplies themselves.
We can hash out any buying in the loot thread or just mark it on the Oleg's store, etc. I'll have him buy all your stuff marked for sale.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Arenhal nods his goodbye to Kesten, about as near a sign of respect for the man he's going to give. He then makes his way to the warehouse, trying out the weapons Oleg has in stock. After completing his purchases, he heads out for a short walk around the trade post, eventually seating himself at the side of the main building, sharpening his axe.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

** Kesten **

Privately, Cal tells Kesten that the gold mine should probably be left off the report. "I never intended that to be mentioned until things were a bit more secure down here," he tells the military man. "If you could hold off on making it official until then, I'd greatly appreciate it.

** Oleg **

Cal takes his tea and his strongbox, the former going into his pack, and the latter into the storeroom. "I'd like to put ina regular order for this tea, if I could," he says. "If you keep it in stock, I'll guarantee you a buyer." The sorcerer smiles. "And thanks for letting us have a corner of the storeroom, Oleg," he taps the sturdy chest. "I'd like to leave the spare key with you, if I may. That way you can access what's in there in case of emergency. And if I lose my key along the way, I'll always know there's one here."

"Also, I'd like to make another special purchase," he adds. "Bokken was asking about potions vials and pots and such. Could you get an order of those? I'd like to send them to Bokken as a gift. And he wanted to see if you could send along some muffins. Apparently he's not all that crazy, since he has a fondness for Svetlana's cooking."
I'm not sure how much the tea cost. Please deduct it from Cal's coins. I've bought 4 antitoxins and deducted the cost from our store credit. We used up the ones Cal had. And it'd be nice to have some more.

Purchased/Ordered from Cal's pocket
Tea [1 sp]
Trade goods [100 gp]
20 iron potion vials [5 gp]
Traveler's outfit [1 gp]
Shovel [2 cp]
MW bedroll [50 gp]
Traveling game board [3 gp]
More tea [1 gp]

Purchased from credit at Oleg's
4 antitoxins [200 gp]
4 weeks trail rations [14 gp]
2 medium tents [30 gp]

All money deducted from Google sheets.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Valen takes the axe and begins splitting the wood. When Jhod tells him his apprenticeship is over he drops the axe and embraces Jhod.

"I cannot tell you how much it means to me to hear you call me your peer." Release his mentor he steps back. "I have no intention of giving up on the temple. It is very important to me to locate it, for both you and for Erastil. I will not give up, it may just take a while, I am but 1 in 4 though I will try to steer them to keep looking for it."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm

* Kesten *

The knight nods and agrees with Cal about the mine, and so he readies some letters to send back and takes his leave of the group. His men, who have turned into messangers for you, are soon seen riding out of the trade post on their horses. Only a pair of them leave, the others all remain here to keep guard.

* Oleg *
Lem, Arenhal and Cal deal with Oleg selling their goods, and then buying some new things. Cal goes about getting tents for the group along with some anti toxin and food supplies for the group. Using the credit Oleg promised you all the group in general has a nice supply of stock now for venturing out into the wild. The tents alone will make those raining nights bearable.

Cal hits Oleg up for a small corner of the store room, with your lock box there, and a spare key in Oleg's hand, the group has a since safe place to keep special items you aren't ready to sell or part with, but that you don't want to lug around all the time. A few special orders are placed from Cal, and eventually even Lem asks for a "halfling double sling" which Oleg will have to special order as well. Scribbling it all down Oleg is obviously a good book keeper and knows his way around an accountant's ledger. You soon have all your speical orders placed. Even the request for potion vials, jars or other items for Bokken and the muffins. Oleg comments, "Well sure, Bokken will wander into the fort from time to time and I'll be sure to hand over whatever I can scrap up for him for those potions. He shouldn't be wanting for them, espcially not if you are willing to drop a few silver now and then to get some for him.

* Jhod *

The older priest gives Valen a strong embrace in return. "Find us that temple Valen and spread the word of Erastil and I'll know that me taking you on all those weeks back was the best decision of my life. Those others you travel with seem like real solid folk, probably open to some preaching too and a bit of converting to the faith if they aren't already."
I think the store stuff is all set. If you want to buy anything else and its on the list, just go ahead and do so, mark the sheets and the like and we won't need to spend too long doing this stuff.

I think the next time you set out from Oleg's I'll start up a new chapter so we don't make this one 100 pages!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm

** Kesten **

"Thank you for all your help, Kesten," Cal says as he gets up to leave. "It's good of you to have your men take our messages north. And I know it makes me sleep easier out on the trail knowing that there's someone here to defend the fort if the Stag Lord's men try and funny business." As he heads for the door the sorcerer adds, "we'll keep our eyes peeled for your fugitive. No luck so far. But so long as he's out there, we'll keep looking for him."

** Oleg **

"Thank you Oleg," Cal says once their business is complete. "Now I'm afraid we'll have to prepare for our next trip out already. No rest for us so long as the Stag Lord is still operating." He shakes his head resignedly. "Any chance we could convince your lovely wife to give us a breakfast that'll send us off right? It might be a week or more before we'll get another like it."

** Colban **

Cal looks around the trading post until he finds Colban mucking out the stables. With four additional horses there, the stable was nearly full. And keeping the stalls clean was a not insignificant task. Grabbing a shovel, Cal moves to assist the former bandit with his task. "Let me help you with this," he says, throwing himself into the task. He chats idly as they work, mostly about what's been going on at the fort, what meals Svetlana has cooked, and the decreasing dangers of bandits and kobolds.

It's only when they've finished the task that Cal turns to more serious matters. Using a cantrip to clean them both up, he walks with Colban to the well so they can both get some cold water to drink. "So tell me," Cal asks, sitting down on the edge of the well, "how are things working out for you here? Are they treating you well? Do the soldiers cause you any trouble?"
I'm not sure if that's the job Colban would be working on. But whatever he was doing, Cal helps him finish it. I figured a bot of detail made things sound better.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Sounds fine to me Trog.
** Oleg **
Oleg nods, "I figured you'd not be staying long. Svetlana has already said she's getting a feast ready for dinner tonight, you are staying till tomorrow." Its a statement not a question, "And I'll make sure she has some good breakfast ready to send you off in the morning."

That settles that, you'll be here atleast the rest of today, likely leaving in the morning.

** Colban **
Colban is glad for the help in the stables, the four new hourses add plenty of work to be done. When the pair are seated by the well the former bandit answers the questions. "I have to admit its hard work, Oleg is a real hardass, or atleast he pretends to be. I see him with Svetlana at times, he's a good man in a bad situation. He's taking care of me, and I've kept up my end of the deal so I think that maybe surprised him." He glances at the riders that are heading out of the fort finally. "They aren't bad, treat me like a servant, which I am, and haven't had much issue with the whole used to be a bandit situation with them. I think Kesten," he lowers his voice, "well I think Kesten has something to do with that. He might have been noble born, but from the talk I hear and the like, he's not stationed way out here for good behavior. So I think maybe he understands my lot a bit better than you might think, and he keeps his men in line cause of it."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Arenhal spends a quiet morning. inspecting his gear, both old and new. He doesn't avoid anyone, but then he doesn't seek anyone out.

It's not until after noon that the half-elf attempts to find anyone, and then, oddly, it's Svetlana he speaks to.
"Thank you for the wonderful meals, Svetlana." He bows slightly to the woman, "I was wondering, do you know if anyone here at the trade post can play music?"
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

I had meant tomorrow's breakfast. I'd figured that it was at least early afternoon by the time Cal had that conversation with Oleg. No way we were going to miss one of Svetlana's dinners when we didn't have to!
** Colban **

"I'm glad it hasn't been too bad," Cal says, after taking a long drink of water. ""I don't know Kesten that well. But I can already tell that Oleg is a good man. But he has a long memory. And he won't soon forget that you were one of the bandits who threatened him and his wife." He gives Colban and reassuring look. "He won't forget," the young sorcerer adds, "but he will, I think, forgive in time." He nods. "You keep doing a good job here and before you're done with your term of punishment, I'll wager that you and Oleg will have patched up your differences."

"And as for after your term of punishment," Cal adds, "well, once you're a free man again, I'll make sure there's a job waiting for you, assuming Oleg doesn't offer you one first. I know you got dealt a bad hand in life and that's how you ended up as a bandit." He puts a reassuring hand on the former bandit's shoulder. "But you keep yrouself clean and work hard and I'll make sure that things are better for you with your second chance than they were with your first."