Book 1: Act 2 - First Explore of the Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Quests Completed!

Post by mackaber » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 am

A somewhat tipsy Lem has already tipped over on to the dining table clearly the time in the wilds has made him less amiable to drink than he'd like to be.
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Quests Completed!

Post by Chanur » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 am

Valen stands and bows his head respectfully to Jhod. "I look forward to it."

Draining the last of his beer Valen sets the mug down on the table.
"I think it is past time for my prayers and sleep."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Desnus 20th, Year 4708, Oleg's Trade Post

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:01 pm

The group retires to bed, except Lem who remains to finish off the pitcher of beer 'no sense it letting it go to waste'. Him and Oleg sit for up another half hour drinking and playing cards just for fun. Cal, Valen and Arenhal all head into the bunkhouse and are soon sleeping comfortably on the first beds you've seen in a week.

Desnus 20th, Year 4708, Oleg's Trade Post, Northern Greenbelt

Eventually morning arrives and the noises of the trade post wake you one by one. It was nice to sleep on a bed, even if Valen snores when he gets too comfortable. Morning routines are taken care off with no sense of rush, your morning prayers, a wash, breakfast, all are handled as if you are on vacation and for the moment you deserve some respite.

Svetlana's cooking is as good as ever and her gratitude for the return of the ring (Oleg suprised her this morning in private) show as she's made flapjacks, eggs and bacons, sasuage links, and a cold fruit compote. She keeps shoveling food at you in thanks, and you can hardly say no, and hardly want to. It becomes late morning before any business is even thought about.

Eventually however things turn to business as Kesten joins you at the outside tables, with him are two of his men, dressed for riding. "Well my friends. I'll be sending two riders to Rostov with the news you brought last night. Is there anything I can send along in addition to that?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Desnus 20th, Year 4708, Oleg's Trade Post

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:45 pm

"Your report should be more than sufficient," Cal replies. "Though it might be helpful if you mentioned that we've found two bridges in extremely poor repair. With a handful of trained carpenters we could get both bridges ready for operation across the river to the south. That would be a great boon for settling this area."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Valen excuses himself from the group as they head over to meet Kesten and heads for Jhod. He knows he must give a report and pray.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Arenhal slips up beside Cal, nodding at the nobleman, "Though it might be best to wait a few more weeks, unless they can fight. I don't think we'd want them to meet up with any spiders like we did."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:28 am

Lem heads into the warehouse, he's looking for some very special items and hopes he can find them here...
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Valen heads off to find Jhod and pray together with the older priest to Erastil. He find shim in the back of the fort chopping wood, a routine that he's started since he's been here to fill his time and keep his body strong. As Valen nears the priest sets a log on top of a much larger stump and takes up the woodsman axe again. "Ah, Valen, how does the morning find you today?" *THWAK* He splits the log in twain.

Kesten stands with the others, "I'll do that then. I doubt very much you'll find many folks willing to work a mine way out here in the Greenbelt without some from of protection and civilization, unless they can lay claim to it themselves.

Lem skips the conversations and heads inside to take a look at the wears of Oleg. He finds they have changed some, he's sold some items, bought new ones, and restocked some others. You were gone a good amount of days and life here at the Trade Post continues.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 am

"I figure the mine and the bridges may have to wait for a time until we have the Stag Lord defeated," Cal adds. "But it's probably not a bad idea for the powers that be in Rostov start thinking about those issues." Then he too excuses himself to go speak to Oleg. There were some new supplies to order and some previously ordered things he hoped to pick up. Then, of course, there were always the handful of things they'd picked up along the way that they hoped Oleg might buy.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 am

Valen nods his head respectfully.

"It is another beautiful day in The Elk Fathers grace. May I help split logs?"