Book 1: Act 3 - Second Explore of the Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Sarenith 24, Oleg's Trade Post, Early Morning

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:52 pm

** Sarenith 24 **

After good nights sleep the group wakes up to the smell of Svetlana's cooking. Bacon frying in the pan, eggs being poached, and plenty of fresh bead with jam and honey. A good night on a good bed, and a good wash in the tub and you are seated around the breakfast table in high spirits. Oleg has already made good on his promise of reward for the Tatzlwyrms.

An hour after breakfast you've sold your small spoils of war, and collected all the items you pre-ordered from Oleg. Some of the things you have to finish paying for, but Oleg has kept his end and managed to get everything you wanted.

The issue of Tuskgutter came up last night in passing so Oleg sent word to Vekel Benzen a local hunter and trapper. He suspects the man could arrive tonight or tomorrow to give you your reward.

After all the tale telling, eating, shopping, and generally relaxing you find it is already nearly noon.
Just FF into the day. On the loot sheet we can sort out gold and buying of your pre ordered items, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Sarenith 24, Oleg's Trade Post, Early Morning

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm

As Svetlana serves up breakfast Cal makes a quick trip to their baggage and brings something with him, held behind his back. "You know, as delicious as this breakfast looks," he tells Svetlana, "it seems to be missing something." Then he takes his hand from behind his back to reveal a batch of relatively fresh fangberries. "I think fangberries would go well with one of your delicious breakfasts, don't you?" He hands the batch over to Svetlana, a smile on his face.

"Some of our pickings have to go to Bokken," he adds. "But there are certainly more fangberries for you to make into pies, tarts, jam, or whatever you like."
I think it's worth sacrificing one batch of our fangberries to breakfast to give Jhod, Svetlana, and Oleg a treat as well.

Then we can give a few more to Svetlana for cooking or making into preserves, and give the rest to Bokken for making potions (and to get the bounty for them. :-) Speaking of which, we need to make a detour to visit the old hermit.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Svetlana gives a squeel like a little girl, "Fangberries! Oh my! How delightful." She scoops the berries up and hurries toward the kitchen, then she turns, comes back, kisses Cal on the forehead and then races back to the kitchen. Oleg narrows his eyes at Cal, looking very serious, then he breaks into a smile, "You're lucky I love fangberries!" He laughs and cuts into his breakfast.

Svetlana produces a big stack of Fangberry Pancakes for the group and they are the best flapjacks you've ever had. The woman really should be cooking in some great city for royalty not out here in the sticks. Yet you can't complain about it too much as you get to eat the results.
I'd say you can travel to Bokken, do your think, and make it back by dark if you wanted to do that. Ride out and back.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Cal blushes when he gets the kiss on the forehead, then is pleased when Oleg doesn't take it the wrong way. "I love them too," he adds. "Though I don't like the spiders that came with them. He shudders a little bit theatrically. Then, as they're eating the magnificent fangberry pancakes, he makes a proposal to the rest of the group.

"We promised Bokken we'd get him enough for seven potions," the sorcerer recalls. "I'd say seven of our remaining eleven pints would do that - which leaves us five. I propose we give those remaining five pints to Svetlana to do with as she pleases. Pie, tart, jam, jelly, whatever she likes. And if we head out right after breakfast, I'll wager we could get to Bokken's cave and back again before dark. I'd like to get him the fangberries while they're still mostly fresh."

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Arenhal smiles at Svetlana's antics, then wider at the meal. "Ah, far be it from me to argue with our sage arcanist," Arenhal's voice barely carries across the table, his expression now stern, though a hint of a smile remains, "but unless his magic changes things, for we simple folk, eleven less seven is four." By now the grin is back, a little jest at the sorcerer's expense. "Sounds like a plan Cal, math aside."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Lem does not say much at breakfast as the small halfling is busy eating a man sized portion of breakfast. As Calanthir brings up old Bokken Lem nods approvingly. "Yep tha shouldn't be a problem to make it to Bokken's. I'm sure he wouldn't approve of old fangberies.
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 am

Valen nods sagely....as sagely as a man can shoveling pancakes into his mouth can look. "I think getting to Bokken" munch munch"and back sounds good. I think maybe Svetlana could make a jar of jam for our trips? Some good food would really help. When we get back ill discuss Jhods plans for the temple."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Sarenith 24, Bokken's, Later Afternoon

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 pm

The group shovels down the pancakes like a pack of wolverines, and too soon the meal is nothing but empty plates and sticky fingers of maple syrup. Licking his Lem looks up and agrees to Cal's idea, the consencus goes around the table. So the arangments are made, the horses saddled, and for the first time you realize that Colban isn't about. Turns out Oleg has sent the former bandit into town on an errand -- seems he's trusting the man more and more.

So you are saddled up, Fanberries, as well as a shipment of glass vials for Bokken from Oleg in hand. You promise to return by nightfall. Traveling light you leave the Trade Post and gallop east with all speed. You reach the old hermit's cave in about four hours and reign in outside. You dismount and approach calling out to him. The crazed old man climbs out of his cave and sniffs the air, "I smell something.. what's that I smell?"
We'll spend a short time here and keep pressing on.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Sarenith 24, Bokken's, Later Afternoon

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

"That's fangberries you smell," Cal replies, dismounting. "Seven pints, picked less than a week ago." He smiles. "I hope that's fresh enough for your potions," he adds.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Sarenith 24, Bokken's, Later Afternoon

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:48 am

Bokken comes down from the cave mouth, "Yes! Excellent, he motions for you to follow him back into the cave. Doing so you place the Fangberries and the vials and bottles where he instructs. He tastes the berries, "Hmmmm hmmmm." He slaps at you if you attempt to reach for them at all. "Discount! Yes I promised you a discount, one quarter off the prince for thirty days." He lifts one dirty eyebrow, "Sounds fair? Yes!"
Bing, quest complete. You get 25% off any potions from Bokken for the next month! While you are here you can order, buy, and what ever new potions.