Book 1: Act 3 - Second Explore of the Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Sarenith 24, Bokken's, Later Afternoon

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

"Indeed it does," Cal says, offering Bokken his hand. "Deal!"

Then, whether the man shakes it or not, he continues. "We should have a couple of potions waiting for us. And I daresay we'll want a few more. Maybe a greater healing potion and a potion of strength. Maybe one of invisibility or levitation." He looks over at the others with a raised eyebrow.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Sarenith 24, Bokken's, Later Afternoon

Post by Phlale » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Arenhal smiles thinly, "If there's anything else you need that we might find, we'll see what we can do."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Sarenith 24, Oleg's, Sunset

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Bokken and the group debate over some potions, what the old man has, or can finish concocting in the next hour, he has half a dozen potions in the final stages of completion. So after an hour the group is riding away with a half dozen or so new potions that jiggle in the pack.

By evening, just as the sun is burning red and orange the four of your ride back into Oleg's Trade Post. Horses are put in the stables and you are greeted to the sounds of hammer on nail. Seems Oleg is working on that tower room you had talked to him about before leaving last time. Making your way toward the noise you spot a man sitting at the table outside by the fire. He nods and waves at you, "Now you look like the type of folks that might just be looking for. One of you Lem the Beastslayer?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Sarenith 24, Oleg's, Sunset

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm

"He's right here," Cal says, patting the halfling on the shoulder. "Why he saved me from a mad bear not more than a few weeks ago!." He stays to listen to what the man says. But at least part of his attention is on the work being done on a tower room. It'll be nice to have somewhere to set up my alchemy lab, he thinks, looking over toward the tower.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

The man is a middle aged human with a balding head, but a long pony tail. He wears rustic leathers and wool, and his boots are covered with mud. A cloak and a shortbow with quiver sit up against the wall nearby. "Name's Vekkel Benzen, and as I understand it I owe you a reward for the death of Tuskgutter."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 pm

"Well that honor does not fall to me but to Arenhal Boarslayer. I am merely a slayer of bears!" the small halfling offers with an odd amount of earnesty in his voice.
Big Pimpin...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Arenhal just nods, his actions were not done to receive recognition, but a matter of survival. He has once again slipped into the shadows of the others, and seems more happy there. After a moment's silence he shrugs. "I could hardly have killed it without the others. I just got lucky that my axe beat Lem's arrows."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm

"Lem Bearslayer, Arenhal Boarslayer, and Oleg Wyrmslayer," Cal says with a smile. "There's a regular passel of beastslayers here at the trade outpost!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Vekkel stands up, "Well then Arenhal Boarslayer, I offer you my thanks." He reaches out and shakes Arenhal's hand, "And my reward." He grabs up the bow and quiver and places it on the table, "Oleg has already given my Tuskgutter's head, and I promsed a nice reward for it." He unwraps the bow, "This is a fine weapon, unfortunately, my information was incorrect, and the bow..." is small! Its sized for Lem not Arenhal! The legend of Lem Beastslayer has struck a blow in favor of the little guy it seems. "However the arrows, they can fell a beast like no other. Enchanted by the hunters of the north, one shot can kill even the strongest animal. Please, take them all, and when I make the headcheese I'll send some along as well."
Reward: 6 Bane Animal arrows,

And Masterwork, Might Comp Longbow (small). This is perfect for Lem, in fact he won't have to buy one from Oleg and can save his money instead.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 am

"Well, then it's the Bearslayer's lucky day!" Cal says, slapping Lem on the back. "And just in time, too," he adds. "We'll be heading out again soon." He shakes his head. "No rest for the weary."