Book 1: Act 3 - Second Explore of the Greenbelt

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Sarenith 24, Oleg's, Sunset

Post by Chanur » Tue May 01, 2012 4:45 am

Valen smiles. "It seems The Elk Father smiles upon you this day Lem Bearslayer." Valen offers a small prayer for the stranger and settles in to watch Lem try the new bow.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 am

Lem beams as he receives the gift from Vekkel he examines the fine craftsmanship test it's pull and then and bows to Vekkel.

"Thank you many times! It is as if it had been crafted just for me!"
Thanks! We should share the arrows however.
Big Pimpin...

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Arenhal nods, "Yes Lem, it certainly looks that way. Now I'll have to be even faster to beat you to the kills."
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Vekkel stretches, "I suppose I'll be staying the night, its too late to head out now. Let's sit and you can tell me the story of how you killed old Tuskgutter, the prize of the Greenbelt!" He puts his feet up and calls out to Svetlana to bring out a round of drinks for everyone, his treat.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

"Well, it started with a hunt," Cal begins. "We found his trail and began to follow it...," The sorcerer then begins to spin out a tale that mostly sticks to the truth, but manages to shade it so that it sounds a bit more heroic.
Take 10 on a Performance: Oratory check = 16 - an enjoyable performance

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 am

Valen drinks and enjoys his friends company a while before heading out to locate Jhod and discuss what his plans for the temple are.

Valen needs to talk to Jhod about his temple plans, while Valen is continuing on with his travels he feels really connected and concerned about the temple. I am hoping Jhod will put his apprehension at rest and he can wrap up this chapter of his life.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri May 04, 2012 11:27 am

Lem heads right of to target practice and it appears that he and his new bow have found a natural symbiosis.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

To Be Continued

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 04, 2012 9:09 pm

The rest of the evening is spent in pleasant endeavors. Vekkel, Arenhal and Calanthir talk about the hunt and Cal get's some news from the east, nothing much happening but local gossip. The one interesting piece of news comes out of Nivakta's Crossing, seems that man Nick, the coach driver that you encountered when the wife of the Lord Mayor of Rostov's carriage nearly went into the river, has moved into town with his family. Apparently he was fired and dishonored after the incident that set the group on this path.

Lem turns to practice and spends a good while getting used to the bow, its a fine piece of work and he soon comes to enjoy it. Someone calls the thing "Tuskgutter" during his practice and the name seems fitting.

Valen finds Jhod and the pair speak at length about faith, the dreams and where life is taking them both now. Jhod is going to the temple to repair it, and he releases Valen from any bonds the young apprentice might still feel. The two talk as equals, even if Valen is still coming to terms with that. Jhod puts Valen's mind at ease, this isn't the end, its just a new beginning, a new season of planting and reaping, and before long Valen's heavy heart is light and he's freed up to follow his destiny along side the others.

Sarenith 25, Oleg's, A Bright Morning

Eventually the evening turns to night, and night to morning. You are up and getting ready for your final push into the Greenbelt and the Stag Lord's fort....

Here ends this chapter thread. I'll start up a new one for the final section of this module. Remember you leveled up, or should have already. I want to resolve any outstanding gear issues ASAP. Hope to start the new thread Monday or later today.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring