Book 1: Act 4 - Against the Stag Lord

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Erastus 7th: Returned to Oleg's Trade Post

Post by Phlale » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:02 am

Arenhal looks at the others first, "Well, as for war gear, I'm doing rather well out of our work," he nudges the unstrung bow he carries, "so if either of you two," this to Valen and Lem. "Otherwise, a boar spear would come in handy."
Assuming he gets the rapier, that will give Arenhal a MW Longbow, the magical rapier, a mw hand axe, his sap... weapons aren't really an issue for him
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29 am

Valen smiles at the Kesten and gives him a quick prayer to the Elk Father. "A boar spear is a mighty hunting weapon indeed. I prefer to hunt with a bow though and I already have a fine one. I would like a mighty morning star though as much as I hate to admit it I have had to mix it up a bit." The cleric smiles sheepishly.

Valen turns to Colban after listening to Kesten. "Colban you have done a wonderful job of getting back on the right path. The Elk Father is proud of you and so am I. " Valen extends his hand. "Welcome back to the community assuming there is no trouble with your pardon. Have you thought about what you want to do?"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Lem shrugs at Arenhal. He is well equipped and happy with his new bow and his grandfathers sword.
Lem doesn't really have any use for a MW weapon he has a MW bow and a MW blade. He could however use some MW arrows if those offer any benefit. Maybe a reach weapon for added versatility?
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Erastus 8th: A Corpse of a Bandit Lord

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Arrows dont' stack with Bow. So I'll get Lem a MW Boar Spear sized for him as well. You guys can go a Royal Boar hunt later on, I mean they did it in Game of Thrones right ;)

Morning Star for Valen, everyone else Boar Spear (which is different than spear, its out of the Adv Guide).
Kesten nods, "A mighty boar hunt, that may be a fine event I may wish to join you on. Well then things are settled with me. I'll leave you to you other tasks." Kesten Garess heads off to make ready for his trip.

Colban thanks Valen, "Thank you very much Valen. I'm happy to have had the chance to change my life around. I think I'll stay on here for a while more, Oleg and I still haven't fully squared up yet, and I don't feel right leaving my debts unpaid at this point."
The group finds its way to the tables inside and a nice home cooked meal of Svetlana. The food is as good as always, small marinated hunks of boar roasted over a fire with fresh honey bread, a medley of tuberous root vegetables, and plenty of ale or wine. The meal is, as always, a culinary delight. You spend the time telling Oleg all about your adventures, and introducing Akiros and Auchs. Auchs eats and eats and eats, and has more than you think is polite, and Akiros manages to slow the big man down some, but you are a bit embarrassed by him and upset as he finishes off what you'd like to have had for seconds damn fast.

Eventually the evening run on to night, and you are seated around the fire outside laughing and joking, but the beds call to you, and one by one you drift off to the bunkhouse for a good nights sleep.
Erastus 8th, Late Spring

Morning arrives with bacon and eggs and cold cider. Hot baths, clean clothes, and a chance to keep your armor off for a while makes the morning a welcome time. By the time you are finished with breakfast Kesten Garess has left for Rostov with his prisoner and your news (and any letters or other things you wanted to send with him).

It leaves you with only one real mission to complete... the rotting body of the Stag Lord, and a date with a river.
So we have one more quest to resolve. The Body and the River. Finish up and the chapter will be nearly complete!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Erastus 8th: A Corpse of a Bandit Lord

Post by mackaber » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 pm

With all buisness settleted here at the trade post Lem is eager to be rid of the Stag Lord's rotting Corpse. The next day he rises early and readies the horses for a little trip to Nettles crossing.
No use for a boar spear. Lem want's a Bardiche.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 pm

"Let's get going," Cal says, hopping onto the cart. "The sooner we get rid of the Stag Lord's body, the better, as far as I can say." Then he gives a wave to Oleg. "We should be back in a few days. Keep the home fires burning."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I figured Lem the Bear/Boar slayer would be up for a royal hunting spear. Are bardiche's listed in the gear? You guys can add the MW items to your sheets now so that we don't forget later on. You just don't get them for a little IC while.
Colban has saddled the horses, the corpse of the Stag Lord is slung over the pack horse and you leave the wagon behind, it will only slow you down. Oleg has started unpacking the wagon and logging items and working on figuring out what sort of pay out you are going to get from this.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Seeing that the Stag Lord is slung over their pack horse, Cal climbs into Paladin's saddle and prepares to depart.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Erastus 10th: Nettle's Crossing

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Erastus 10th: The Shrike River

It takes two days of riding through the planes around the Kamelands to come to Nettles Crossing and the Shrike River. The weather was rainy last night but the day dawned hot and dry and stayed this way throughout. Its now evening of the second day from Oleg's and you can see the river ahead. Riding up to the old bridge and river you dismount, the stink of the Stag Lord's body is now almost too much to bare for anyone.

You are at Nettle's Crossing

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Erastus 10th: Nettle's Crossing

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:24 pm

"Well," says Cal, "nothing ventured, nothing gained." He dismounts and approaches the old bridge, keeping a good distance from where the apparition appeared last time. "Get the body down," he calls over his shoulder. "And be ready to toss it in the river."

"Hello the bridge!" he calls out when he gets in position. "Are you here Davik? We have the Stag Lord's body for you! Your revenge can be complete at last!" The sorcerer is unwilling to simply toss the body in the river until he knows that Davik is still here to receive it.