Book 2: Act 1 - Home Sweet Home

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Erastus: Sootscale Koblds Join the Barony

Post by Chanur » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 am

Groggily Valen is up doing his morning prayers very hung over but still quite full of faith. Once he finishes he moves over to the group to mingle. When Lem comments the priest grumbles "I think something died in my mouth....or a Kobold threw up in it..." That thought does nothing for his stomach. Liking the Baron's comments Valen gives a smile that hurts his head "Still though the dancing was fun."

Stretching he says aloud to his companions. "My friends I know this sounds strange...but the late night and rough morning makes me miss the road. I'm not sure how I can say this as a follower of The Elk Father. " Valen seems a bit concerned by this but continues "But its true. My feet are getting antsy for the road. Besides Harvest can use the exercise and Honey needs to get out, she keeps digging...and digging..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

To Be Continued

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Having the Sootscale join Caledonia as full-fledged citizen has been easier said than done, but it sure was fun at the annex ceremony. Rumors spread of what happened that night, not all of them flattering, but all of them entertaining. Only Lem really seems to know the truth about it all, but he keeps quite.

Arodus 26th, 4709, Late Summer

Time slips by and another month has come and gone... and before you know it you've been in the Greenbelt for over a year. Summer is slipping away and you are more busy than ever. Farms are popping up around the country side, and old lairs of your enemies are becoming areas for prisoners to be held, or refugees to flee to in times of trouble. Stagfall has become stagnant, not much has been built inside the city in the last few months because your carpenters and masons have been up north.

Oleg's Trade Post has been expanded, buildings have popped up around it. Houses, real houses and not just wagons and tents. Colban has appointed himself a Lieutenant of the Guard up there, and Kesten has stationed a small group of soldiers there on permanent assignment. All of this is driving Oleg crazy. He can't stand to see his frontier post becoming another center of civilization. New stables expand out, and people from nearby Nivakta's Crossing move in. Finally it has to become official, the Town of Leveton is added to the Charter of Caledonia. Svetlana Leveton is honored, she bakes extra pies for the occasion, which only partly soothes her husband Oleg Leveton. You decide to not hold a festival for this, to not rub it in your Treasurer's face.

He can't argue with you on one point, the money coming in is good for the barony and he focuses on that. A day finally comes at the end of Arodus when Valen's wanderlust has set in. Over the course of the last few weeks you've remembers several firsts, the first wagon of colonists coming to Stagfall. The attack on the hill and the zombies defeat on it, Cal's first long winded speech to the would be citizens of Stagfall. In a month's time Founder's Day Festival will be starting, a one year anniversary of the official start of life here in Caledonia.

But the itch, its in everyone, Valen seems upset since Old Deadeye is about community as much as hunting. Lem needs to explore, he's been over your boarders a hundred times now and knows them blindfolded. Aetoron took some time to catch up, but he's ready to experience those things you've told him about before you settled down. Calanthir's fey blood is calling out for the forest and the hills. Its time to see what is beyond the next hill.
It's been 12 turns! Time to head back out and explore some new hexes. You MUST spend 1 week a month at home to get your Leadership bonuses (and avoid the penalties) so you can venture out for three weeks and come back, ping ponging. We still continue with monthly turns, and kingdom building during this time, but we should switch gears back to more of a Chapter 1 play style now.

As a result this thread will end, but I'll leave it open a little bit, while I start the next one setting you out into the wild once more.

Great First go at the Kingdom building, I think it's been really fun. Remember you all leveled up from this part of the chapter.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

To Be Continued

Post by mackaber » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Lem's duties as the Green Marshall have been dragging him down, the responsibility and long working hours wighing heavily on his shoulders. But now with the rule firmly established and his organization functioning fairly well they can finally go and explore the areas beyond the greenbelt.
Hooray! Onward to Adventure.
Big Pimpin...