Book 2: Act 1 - Home Sweet Home

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Assassination Attempt Thwarted

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm

The town claps and applauds at the statue. Many people make the sign of Erastil over their hearts. Most of the population are followers of Old Deadeye at this point having Jhod and Valen both on the high council. The band strikes up the music, a violin, base, and tambourine player were found and everyone about starts to have a small party. The ale flows, and Eilandor suggests that Lem offered to buy later on. The group mingles with the population for a while and then retires to the Boar and Boggard where Lem empties his pockets buying drinks for people through the night (at least the High Council).

Spring rolls into summer and things are looking good for Caldonia, soon expansion will be in order. By the fall talk of exploring more of the Greenbelt is order.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Erastus: Sootscale Koblds Join the Barony

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Erastus 17th, Summer, Sootscale Kobold Caverns

The summer has been good to you, with the thwarting of the assassination attempt, and the workings of the new Spy Master now approved by Lem and everyone else the kingdom settles into a time of stability. Expasion is on the horizon, and new farm lands are surveyed and you make to claim more lands among the Kamelands along your eastern boarders. First you approach your old time allies the Sootscale Kobolds. Over the past year there have been ups and downs with them, but the ups have always been far better than the downs. In the early days some settlers got into a skirmish them the kobolds, but that was quickly quashed and a lasting peace began. Three month ago a small group of kobold ambassadors came to Stagfall lead by Nakpik and his team. They had helped in defeating Brunious and the mine theft and since their arrival a true understanding between kobold and colonist has bloomed. Finally things have come full term, Chieftain Sootscale himself has made a true pact with Calanthir and the kobolds are to be annexed into the kingdom as full fledged citizens, affording all the rights and prilivges, (and taxes and duties) as anyone else.

To celebrate the kobolds are providing Caldonia with a great surplus of swine. So many so that all around the barony pig roasts are taking place, and there will be a pig in every house enough of a surplus to feed half the kingdom for a month. A road to the kobolds is already underway, and a ferry has been built to cross the river so to make easier access to the kobold farms and holdings.

Some of the high council is present today, Calanthir has already given his speech welcoming the Sootscale into the fold and now everyone is sitting around laughing and talking. Chieftain Sootscale stands up, several pigs roasting in open pits nearby smell divine and are already half eaten by the group. The Chieftain bows to the High Council that is present (Cal, Lem, Valen, Aetoron, Svetlana and Akiros). "We thank you much for you friendship. When first I met the baron and his companions the Sootscale where on the brink of destruction. Tartuk and evil shaman had taken over my people and I was a prisoner here. But they killed him, killed him good, and returned our sacred items stolen by the Mites that used to live to the north. The Mites are dead now too, killed by our heroes, and I finally think to myself, why be only friends of big human growing land when they can kill our enemies so easily? So I am very happy the Sootscale are no longer friends, but are family with Caledonia! Now, we dance!"

Kobold drummers start pounding on the drums and a dozen little kobolds dart up from the crowd and start dancing. Female kobolds grab the males of the High Council and force them to the dancing area. Kobold voice rise in a tribal guttural kobold song of celebration and victory. The Chieftain offers his hand to Svtelana who stands, bows and joins in the dancing with the Chieftain. "Come now fellas, you know what the saying is? When in Absalom!" She darts off with the Chieftain dancing wild hopping dances late into the night.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Erastus: Sootscale Koblds Join the Barony

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Cal is not one to stand on ceremony. Once the music starts, he takes the hand of the kobold woman who approaches him and happily begins dancing. With an eye on what Chief Sootscale is doing, he even begins to catch on to the dance after a while.
Cal has a default on Performance:dance of +5. So with a take 10, he probably manages not to look too much the foo. dancing with a kobold.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Watching the High Council members get press ganged to the dance floor is a memory Aetoron will not soon forget. As the kobold dancer approaches he willingly accepts her hand. It takes a bit to get a feel for their music but alas Aetoron feels he is not doing it any great injustice.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:28 am

Valen smiles ear to ear. He has always had a soft spot for Nakpik and the kobold and now they are truly part of Caldonia's community. Valen cannot help but think the group is doing The Elk Fathers work. Seeing so many embrace the faith brings a warm glow to his soul. When the kobold lady approaches him to dance he is all to happy. Now Valen is certainly not a gifted dancer he has had no training at all. He does how ever do his best to pick things up. He dances and makes jokes with the kobold lady having a great time.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:47 am

Lem used to be a merry halfling, who embraced every opportunity for amusement. But now with responsibilities and paranoia weighing heavily on his shoulders the leader of the green Marshalls merely taps to the beat of the rythm while he scans the crowd for possible dangers always an eye on the baron unwilling to risk his leaders livelihood.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Everyone but Lem is up and dancing. The kobolds have a wild roukcus time dancing and singing and banging on their drums. The party lasts long into the night, the kobold mushroom wine quickly goes to Valen's head and the priest is having some strange visions along with being intoxicated. In the morning most folks wake up having only half memories of the night before, all save Lem, who remember well, and keeps some of the more embarrassing moments in his back pocket to use later. Aetoron wakes up next to a kobold female, his pants are off, but he can't remember why, and fear creeps into his mead as he fears the worst. Little by little you gather yourselves in the morning, terrible hang overs slow your movements, but the kobolds, also spread about the camp and caves have smiles on their faces, and everyone clearly had a good time last night.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Lem wears a wide smile as he greats his companions in the morning. Clearly he knows more about what transpired last night than all of you.

"So boys how tastes the mushroom wine today?" he esquires as everyone begins to gather their belongings.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:23 pm

"I'll probably be keeping clear of mushroom wine for a while," the baron says with a slight wince. "But the celebration was important for the Sootscales. And how could I do anything but jump right in?" He smiles. "Besides, that dancing wasn't half bad. And those grub pasties were a lot better than I feared they'd be."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Aetoron wakes up to a wicked hangover. It doesn't take him long to realize he is without pants. What the...He glances over an notices the female kobold laying next to him. Internally mortified he tries to maintain a non offensive exterior while scavenging for his pants. He finds them and discretely puts them back on all the while scanning the area for onlookers.

Aetoron gets to his feet and notices Lem with a smile, "Not a word Lem Stringbreaker... not a word."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"