Book 2: Act 1 - Home Sweet Home

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: The Month of Desnus: Late Spring Floods

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Aetoron slips into the shadows and makes his way to the tavern in search of Auchs.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm

The spymaster slips into the crowd and heads for The Boar and Boggard, the only real tavern in town. It isn't far, just a block away, and so he makes good time getting there. On his arrival he finds the place closing up. The inn keeper is just now locking the door and hanging a sign on the door, "Gone to unavailing, be back after."

The man turns around to come face to face with Aetoron, "Oh begging your pardon sir, didn't hear you sneak up on me... not that you were sneaking, I didn't mean no disrespect or any." He collects himself, "Ahem, can I do anything for you? I was just heading to the monument unveiling, I have a wager going with a few folks as to just what it will be. I say its a statue of Erastil to honor Old Deadeye."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 pm

"I didn't mean to startle you sir." Aetoron says to the man locking up the tavern. "I am looking for a man named Auchs, spends a lot of time here. It is a matter of utmost urgency."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 pm

"Ox? Yeah I know the big lout, he's cost me three chairs and table in just the last month." He shakes his head in disgust, "He was hear this morning, with a few of his buddies, but they left about an hour ago. I over heard them talking about going to the unveiling."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue May 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Lem has followed Aeteron siletly in his tracks, afterall this was as good a chance as any to learn if the man was any good at this line of work.

"Hmm perhaps we missed him on our way here?" the halfling muses.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Cal walks over to the back of the podium, where Corwin is resting. "Take a quick look around the square, would you?" he asks the raven. "See if there's anything suspicious. Word is that someone might be coming after a council member."
Send Corwin to scout the area.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

"Lem, oh good...we need to get back to the monument! We are looking for a man name Auchs."

Aetoron makes his way back to the monument as fast as possible without causing alarm.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 am

Valen's mood darkens though he tries not to let it show on his face. He scans the crowd forcing a smile on his face. The young priest stays near the baron ready to defend him if needed though trying to keep up appearances of his pleasant self.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Assassination Attempt: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Cal sends Corwin into the air, the raven circles about attempting to see anything out of the ordinary. The bird is smart, but is still a bird. The sea of people is a bit confusing for it, and it reports armed men about, but those could just be the Warden's working for the crown.

Lem and Aetoron race back toward the podium looking for Auch. Most people call him Ox, because of his size, so he's not hard to spy. Just as Lem and Aetoron come back to the gathering they spot him. He's approaching Colban who has all his eyes on the monument and Calanthir and Valen up there.

Aetoron watches as Auch draws a blade from his cloak and is stalking right toward Colban's unguarded back. He lifts the weapon up to strike, Lem and Aetoron are too far away. Corwin then sends back a few mental words, "Ox, Ox!" and dives from on high toward the trouble. None of the council can do anything to stop it, Colban is about to be assassinated.

*CLANG*

The former Stag Lord's lietenent's blade is parried at the last second by a city warden! The man was on guard for trouble, warned by Aetoron and Colban himself, and he leaps to protect his captain at just the last moment. The blow from Auch's blade is heavy, and it knocks the Warden to the ground with a numb arm but he's done it, he's saved the day! Auch bellows, "You traitor! KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!"

All around the gathering a half dozen men throw off their cloaks, and their Stag Lord Amulet's are visible for all to see. These are the Sons of the Stag, and they pounce to the attack. Your wardens, and your spymaster have done their job however, and they are ready for them. Guards engage the attackers, one on one or two on one. Its only Auch who stands over the fallen warden, and before Colban that seems a real threat at the moment.

Aetoron, running full speed....
Since you made your proper Kingdom Rolls, your Wardens (city guard) put a stop to the peon enemies. You only have to worry about dealing with Auch (for the 2nd time). The faster he dies, the less wounded your Warden's become as they fight to victory against the Sons of the Stag.
Round 1 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5,

The map is a little hard to see, but the armored guards are your's the ones with round shields attacking inward at the Sons of the Stag.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Assassination Attempt: Round 1

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Aetoron does not break stride while drawing his mace and closing the gap between he and Auchs. Just before reaching him Aetoron raises his mace high above his head and swings down in an attempt to end this with one blow...
Move: NW, W, NW, Wx2, NW - Draw MW Mace
Standard: Attack Auchs with Mace