Book 2: Act 1 - Home Sweet Home

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Assassination Attempt: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Round 1 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5,
Aetoron does not break stride, silently he races toward the large Auchs without a word. His mace is drawn as he runs as while the bandit is still focused on Colban he swings his weapon into the back of the man's knee shattering it. The mace head connects and connects hard crippling the large drunken brute and knocking him down to one knee.

With a howl Auchs stands up, "You! I don't care about you, you didn't kill the Stag Lord, or betray us like Colban did!" He has a very large club in his hand and he brings it around into the chest of the half elf Spymaster knocking the wind right from his lungs as he cracks a rib with the blow! "Go away!" The stink of ale on his breath is enough to make you gag.

Lem, Colban, and the others...
Aetoron: Move/Draw, Attack: Sneak Attack (Auch is FF): 19 Hit for 5 + 9 Sneak Attack = 14 Dmg
Auchs: Attacks Aetoron: 22 Hit for 11 Dmg

Adjusted movement to account for diagonals.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Draw bow and move fire at Auch. P -4 for shooting into melee applies. PBS might. Use deadly aim
Things are getting hectic, Lem chases behind Aeteron and draws his bow letting it fly as it is much faster than his short legs at the big brute Ochs.
Last edited by mackaber on Fri May 31, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 31, 2013 12:42 am

There isn't much Cal can do right now, but he does what he can. Moving across the dias, hejumps to the ground, trying to get closer to the fight. As he does, he says, pilingóle in a low voice. As he finishes speaking, two darts of green force appear and fly straight at Auchs. But even so, he can't help but speak to the man. "Why Auchs? Why betray us? We gave you a place; we forgave your crimes. Wasn't that enough for you?"
Move Action: Ex5 SE
Standard Action: Cast MM at Auchs

I've marked off two first level spells, one for the MM now and one for the Mage Armor prior. I'll leave it up to you whether I cast any other Mage Armor spells earlier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Round 1 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5

Round 2 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5
Lem darts forward, his bow in his hand as he comes into point blank range. He pulls back on the string and fires, the second the string reaches its full forward motion it snaps! The arrow is thrown off course and it slams into the back of Aetoron sticking into the top of his shoulder sending shooting pains through his arm and body. The snapped string is a mess, and it will take Lem far too long to get a new one and to fix it.

Colban recovers his wits and draws his short blade, "What are you talking about Auch? You did the same thing?" He stabs the massive man in the thigh with his blade drawing a nice spray of blood and making the large man buckle some.

Cal comes running from the dias and sends off two magical missiles. He can't help but call out to the former Stag Lord Lt. "Why?" As the missles slam into Auchs he cries out and bellows, "You took away fightin for me! You took away Akiros! I have no friends left, no more fighting, no friends, not even any good ale! The Sons of the Stag, they give me something fun to do again!"

Valen and Aetoron...
Lem: Move/Draw, Shoot Auch DA "1" (Fumble "1") HOLY COW! (Hits Aetoron: 8 Dmg) Snapped String: String breaks and requires 3 rounds to fix
Colban: Draw Weapon, Attack Auch 16 Hit for 7 Dmg
Valen
Cal: Move, MM 8 Dmg
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Aetoron is just regaining his breath from the blow to the midsection delivered by Auchs when, "Aaaahooww...", a sharp pain emanates from his shoulder. This unseen blow would have clearly put him to the ground if not for Auchs. Aetoron stumbles into and off of the man he would put down. Spotting an opportunity to flank with Colban Aetoron steps to the side and once again brings his mace from high above in an attempt to skull Auchs.
5-ft Step: W
Standard: Attack with MW Mace
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I think I've mentioned this countless times but critical thumbles are just the lamest thing ever! With combats usually last 3-4 rounds their quite good at taking a character out of combat for good...
Lem curses his rotten luck, tosses his bow to the ground and draws his grandfather's ancestral sword.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Assassination Attempt Thwarted

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 am

Round 1 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5,

Round 2 Aetoron 17, Auchs 16, Lem 9, Colban 7, Valen 6, Cal 5,
Chanur on Vaca again.

Valen moves off the dais and races toward the fight as he gets in range he calls out, "Erastil bless your faithful!" A blessing settles over the good guys, a power to strike your foes with better accuracy.

Aetoron takes that to his advantage and shifts to flank with Colban as well. The new Spymaster brings his mace around and clobbers Auch on the back of the head. The blow is perfectly timed, he drops Auchs to his knees. The massive man is stunned, disabled, and sort of just sitting there on both knees. He drops his weapon and grabs his head howling in pain. "AOOOOOCH STOP! STOP! I SURRENDER!"

Lem drops his bow and darts up to cover Auchs, staying his blade a moment, but not letting the big man pull any tricks.
Valen: Move, Bless

Round 2
Aetoron: 5ft, Attack (Flank) 29 Hit for 2 + 7 Sneak Attack: Auch @ 0

Auch is at 0 perfectly, he's staggered, etc, but since he's a named NPC he's not dead, he gives up.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Assassination Attempt Thwarted

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:24 am

"Your plan's a failure," Cal shouts. All you can accomplish now is your own deaths. Drop your weapons and surrender."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 am

All round the square your Wardens put down the rebels. The assassins are cu down before they can do any harm. A few surrender when they see Auch giving up and hear the shouts of the Baron, but your city guard have saved the day, and preformed very well.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 pm

As Lem secures Auchs, Aetoron is overcome by the pain throughout his body. He drops to his knees, he would drop to the ground and roll to his back if not for the arrow in it.

In a strained tone, "I'm pretty sure none of Auchs guys had bows...maybe they did...I can't be sure...", he raises a hand, "help...over here..."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"