Book 2: Act 1 - Home Sweet Home

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Assassination Attempt Thwarted

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm

"Valen," the baron calls out. "Aetoron is hit. He needs your help."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Lem turns to Aeteron a sour look on his face. "I'm afraid that was friendly fire. my bowstring tore..." the halfling mumbles apologetcally. Then remember ing that he discarded the bow returns to pick it up.
'"That was the second time that happened. I really should look into getting a new one."
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Valen rushes over, "Oh my, you are lucky that Lem wasn't trying to hit you, you likely would have been dead." He holds a hand on Aetoron's back, another on the arrow, "This is going to hurt." He chants a prayer of healing as he pulls the arrow out. Between the two sensations the Spymaster doesn't know whether to scream or be relieved. The Cleric calls on Erastil again and cure the remaining ailments on the half elf. "There we go all better."
Valen cures you.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Cal pats Aeteron on the non-injured shoulder. "Look at it this way," he says with a smile. "Now you're eligible for the Crimson Star, for shedding blood in the defense of Caledonia."
Not that this is a hard medal for any PC to get. But there it is. I figure we ought to have some commendations to award.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:57 pm

With a smirk, "Are you sure he wasn't trying..."

When Valen pulls the arrow out, the pain is such that Aetoron nearly passes out. It is short lived as the healer calls upon Erastil and Aetoron has never felt better.

"Incredible...I thank you Valen."

"Now where is the halfling...he no doubt owes me a pint at The Boar and the Boggard!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:01 pm

"The Crimson Star!", Aetoron says to Cal, "Excellent, I look forward to the ceremony...but shouldn't we finally unveil this monument first."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm

"Of course," the baron relies. hopping back onto the stage.

"My apologies, everyone," he calls out in a steady voice. "We had a few people who didn't want the statue unveiled, I'm afraid. Some people just don't like art." He smiles broadly. "But now that's been settled and we can move on with the dedication of this statue commemorating the founding of Stagfall - long may she stand tall in the barony!"
Move onward with the dedication.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:04 pm

The Wardens of the City clean up the mess, Colban sees to it that Auch is hauled away as well. The old Owlbear pen in the main keep has been converted into a jail by Arenhal and that's where Auchs and the few living Sons of the Stag are hauled off to.

The crowd applauds as the criminals are hauled away. They speak the praises of Colban and his Wardens for a job well done. The gather slowly gets back at it, the ale tables are revisited and the people await the unveiling eagerly.

Valen whispers to Aetoron, "Careful now, the Baron can get a little long winded. He has a honeyed tongue, a good man, and dear friend, but he can do the talking for all of us if we don't watch out." He pats Aetoron on the arrow wounded shoulder without worry. "Don't ever tell him, but I think he does it on purpose just to drive Lem crazy." He motions at the Marshal who is returning with his bow to join the pair.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:03 pm

"I heed your council Valen...and if he does it on purpose to drive Lem crazy then by all means Baron speak on.", Aetoron says with a smile.

As Lem joins them from fetching his bow, "Lem, rumor has it you have arranged that pints are available at The Boar and the Boggard immediately following the ceremony!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:06 pm

All good things must come to an end, and so to does the baron's speech. Finally, the moment of unveiling has arrived. Cal gives a nod and the cover is pulled off, revealing a simple monolith of stone, the symbol of Erastil carved on the top. At its base, also carved in the stone, are the names of everyone on the first High Council of Stagfall, under the title "The Founders of Stagfall".
We're still young. I figured simple monuments were the order of the day.