Book 2: Act 2 - What Lies Beyond

Enter the Stolen Lands, a wilderness claimed by nobles, bandits, and beasts alike. Into this territory the fractious country of Brevoy sends its emissaries, tasking them with subduing the lawless folk and deadly creatures that have made it a realm of savagery and shame. Beyond the last rugged frontier stretches the home of voracious monsters, capricious fey, wily natives, and bandits who bow to the rule of a merciless lord none dare defy. Can the our heroes survive the Stolen Lands, bring their dangers to heel, and lay the foundations of a new kingdom? Or will they just be one more fateful band, lost forever to the ravenous wilds?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Werewolf: Escape into the Night

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Valen races to get in range and channels energy, the healing power of Erastil washes over the group and heals those wounded such as Lem but its not enough to bring the dead back. The man passes into the darkness and walks the enternal forests with his grandfather now. The end has come for him.

Colban look up, "Baron! We got him, but Jared has paid the ultimate price."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:41 pm

"He'll be honored for his sacrifice," Cal says solemnly. "Did he have a family?"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Valen falls to his knee's and folds the young mans hands over his chest and uses his thumb to trace an invisible holy symbol of The Elk father on his forehead and over his heart. Whispering a solemn prayer quietly so as to not disturb the others . When finished the young priest of Erastil stands wiping tears from his eyes. He focuses intently on Colban's response to the Baron.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Colban nods, "A wife, she is with child, their first." He shakes his head and turns to the body of the naked man, who you presume is the werewolf returned to human form. Colban yanks his blade from the man's chest and flicks the blood off before sheathing his weapon. "If I was just a fraction faster...."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 pm

"The barony will see that his wife and child are taken care of," Cal declares. It was nothing compared to the loss of a husband and child. But it was the best that he could do. "And he'll be awarded the Golden Star of Caladonia, posthumously."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:59 pm

"I must go see them tonight. I will break the news. It's the least I can do for failing him. He didn't fail us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Final Resolution

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 pm

You have won, it a sad victory with the dead guardsman there. However back in the marketplace you saved a man, and he is grateful for his life, and the werewolf is dead. The naked corpse is that of a Kellid barbarian, and you ID him as the man in question easily enough come morning.

The dead man's family is told of her bravery, and a small ceremony to award him the Golden Star of Caladonia is planed. It seems the situation has run its course and after a time things at home should return to normal.
We are about to swing into Kingdom Building mode for a month. Start re reading all that stuff and hit up the chatter thread! We can continue to resolve RP here but should be working on Kingdom Building now.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Final Resolution

Post by Chanur » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Valen sees that the man is buried and follows up on the Barons gracious offer of a stipend for the family. Once this is settled he returns to his mentor Jhod to visit with him some more. The cleric is interested in taking a trip to the Elk Fathers holy place once more.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm

"Perhaps you could travel with Jhod," Cal suggests. "I imagine now that he's done with being magister, he'll be heading out there as soon as he can." Cal shakes his head. "On days like this, I wish I were heading there with you two."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 pm

"I think that is just what I need Baron. A few days at the Elk Fathers blessed place to right my course and unburden my soul. You are always welcome to come with us. It may do you some good."